Sundog

Default Moen Faucet Repair

"john behen jr" wrote in message
My email to Moen produced a return email saying I would receive part(s)
in 7 to 10 days. What part(s)??? I don't know! Already have a
replacement (not a Moen). I do not know if I will wait to see what Moen
sends me, or put the new faucet in.

I have recently had a bad experience with Moen. I bought one of their most
expensive
sink faucets and after installation, when turned on, it would gradually
reduce the flow until it stopped. The handle just dropped and drooped. I
sent them email and they suggested they would send me a screw and washer to
fix the problem. How to install? - I should go to their web site and look
for the instructions!!!!

I called them after the little packet arrived and they told me how to do it
but I had to go out and buy Allen key, which cost a pittance. I didn't mind
doing the job but having to drive 30 miles to spend almost nothing was a
pain in the #$%@.

Somehow, I'll think twice about buying Moen again.

Sd

Alan Beagley

I am sure it was a Moen kitchen faucet that my brother-in-law and I were
trying to fix for my father-in-law a few years ago. We went to HD and
asked for a replacement capsule, and the guy asked why we needed one.
When we told him, he said, "There's a lifetime warranty on those; just
bring in the old one and we'll replace it, even if you didn't buy it
from us."

The problem is we couldn't manage to get the old one out anyway.

-=-
Alan

On 11/03/03 08:25 pm Sundog put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace: