Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Details emerging on CO shooter, same old story, no permit process

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 3/25/2021 7:16 AM, Pinocchio Psaki wrote:
On 3/24/21 10:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
So there should be no control? Any idiot can have a gun?

We have a ****-ton of useless drug laws that fail to keep drugs off the
streets. You really think gun laws would be any different?

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! Why is it so hard
for you and Biden to understand that?

To drive a car you have to pass a test. To buy a gun, all you need is
money. If the kid buying the CO gun had to pass a simple test he may
not have bought it.

I'm not against guns, just the simplicity of idiots getting them.
Nothing is perfect but little things can help.

I'm not against some guns. Hunting weapons (bolt/lever action
rifles and shotguns) should be available to those with the
appropriate training (hunter safety, etc). Target weapons
likewise.

I'm very much against semi-automatic rifles with large magazine
capacities as they are only used to kill people.

Thats not true, they can be handy when being
charged by a herd of rampaging buffalo or hippos.

Revolvers are ok, not sure about the 1911 et alia.

Glocks work a lot better than a revolver if you happen to be
where those mass murderers are shooting anyone in sight.

In looking at the second amendment, which talks
about arms, not guns, one could read it in the
context of the 18th century arms - muskets, the
odd single-shot rifle, swords, pole-arms and cannon.

They did have horse drawn field artillery. Are you seriously
suggesting you lot should be allowed to have those if you want ?

Arms today encompasses everything
from a bb-gun to nuclear weapons.

We clearly have a limit today on the arms that a citizen may
possess (e.g. hand grenades, most automatic weapons), so
it is just a matter of determining where the cutoff is.

Self-defense is often cited as a justification for the possession
of military weapons, which is pretty silly on the face of it.

Not if you have someone like that one shooting anyone
he feels like shooting. Thats what military weapons are
designed for, being able to kill someone doing that.

Red Dawn is a movie, not real life.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 11:35:30 AM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:

I'm not against some guns. Hunting weapons (bolt/lever action
rifles and shotguns) should be available to those with the
appropriate training (hunter safety, etc). Target weapons
likewise.

I'm very much against semi-automatic rifles with large magazine
capacities as they are only used to kill people.

Please define "large".

Revolvers are ok, not sure about the 1911 et alia.

You mean semi-automatic pistols? What is your uncertainty?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 05:53:25 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 7:16:58 AM UTC-4, Pinocchio Psaki wrote:
On 3/24/21 10:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
So there should be no control? Any idiot can have a gun?
We have a ****-ton of useless drug laws that fail to keep drugs off the
streets. You really think gun laws would be any different?

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! Why is it so hard
for you and Biden to understand that?

Do you think there would be more or less people using drugs if you could
just walk into a store and buy any drugs, eg coke, heroin, X, that you
wanted?

In the places that tried it,

No one has actually tried that.

there was no appreciable change with the local population.

That's bull**** with marihuana in places like the Netherlands.

The main difference was they got more drug tourism.

More bull****.

Amsterdam is a good example

Nope, they don't have complete open
slather with heroin, cocaine etc etc etc.

but you could as easily point to any state
in the US with full pot legalization.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hal Bundy wrote
Ed Pawlowski wrote

To drive a car you have to pass a test.

They eliminated the driver's test here.

Which state is that ?

Licenses are just a cash-grab for the state.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 04:11:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Teaching the Yanks again how things REALLY are in the US, you clinically
insane, sociopathic, senile troll?

--
Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 04:38:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

--
"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 04:55:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 11:22:00 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Do you think there would be more or less people using drugs if you could
just walk into a store and buy any drugs, eg coke, heroin, X, that you wanted?

I don't care who would use the drugs that are now illegal if made legal.
It is what they do after they take them. Sort of like the liquor laws.
Buy all you want, drink all you want , just do not cause anyone any
problems. Don't show up at work or drive while drunk.

There is too much money made to make drugs legal. You have all kinds of
law enforcement on the payroll going after them, lawyers and the court
system requiring lots of people and money.

It is true, the drug war is a jobs program for the unemployable, all
the way from the street dealers to the cops and prison guards who deal
with them after they are arrested. Then you also have high paid
lawyers on both sides of the equation and the government splitting up
the drug money. In some cities the drug trade is the biggest employer
in the city (Dealers, Smugglers, Lawyers, Guards and Narcs).

Too bad it also keeps so many undertakers busy. Homicide cops, not so
much. It is people they don't care about killing people they don't
care about. That is why the unsolved drug murder rate is over 50% just
about everywhere.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 15:35:24 GMT, (Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 3/25/2021 7:16 AM, Pinocchio Psaki wrote:
On 3/24/21 10:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
So there should be no control?Â* Any idiot can have a gun?

We have a ****-ton of useless drug laws that fail to keep drugs off the
streets.Â* You really think gun laws would be any different?

[...]

pole-arms and cannon. Arms today encompasses everything
from a bb-gun to nuclear weapons.

We clearly have a limit today on the arms that a citizen may
possess (e.g. hand grenades, most automatic weapons), so it
is just a matter of determining where the cutoff is.

Self-defense is often cited as a justification for the possession
of military weapons, which is pretty silly on the face of it.

Red Dawn is a movie, not real life.

The problem with your assessment is rifles, assault or otherwise, only
account for a handful of murders a year. (~400) Most would be
accomplished with a single action revolver just fine.
They just don't make the news because most murders are people nobody
cares about killing people nobody cares about.

As for your assertion about the 2d amendment, a musket was the assault
weapon of the day. In fact civilian arms were generally more capable
than "military" weapons.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 08:42:21 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 9:39:33 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 03/25/2021 06:18 AM, Frank wrote:
On 3/24/2021 8:31 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 11:18:30 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

The details are starting to emerge on the 21 year old shooter that
killed ten people. Family and people who knew him saying that he
was paranoid, delusional, believed his former high school was spying
on him. He had at least one run in with the police for assaulting a
student for no reason.

Once again there was no permit process and apparently he just
bought an AR-15 a few days before the shooting. And once again
I'm saying that we need a uniform permit process across the
country, where the local police chief issues the permit, after an
actual background check by the local police. Had they just talked
to his family as part of that process or the school, likely the permit
never would have been issued.

This is now at the point where I really don't care what happens to
gun owners anymore. It's like Trump. You can only do so much to
try to get people to listen, to warn them about bad things happening.
It's like talking to a wall. Eventually you just have to say that
whatever
will be will be and maybe the gun nuts will get what they deserve.
So if Biden and the Democrats pass some draconian legislation that
screws gun owners, I really don't care anymore. They can repeal the
2nd amendment for all I care because the NRA and most gun
owners deserve whatever they get at this point.

Basically you are just saying the police chief gets to use his opinion
on guns to decide who can buy one.
Hope he is not a racist. (although it might have helped in this case)
I wonder if we should issue driver's licenses, tags and voter ID cards
the same way.

The way is is structured today is that you need to go through a
background check every time you buy a gun. Only the gun shop has a
record of the sale which he must preserve but the Feds do not keep
records. This is to avoid registration of each gun as we have learned
in the past, registration leads to confiscation. A government permit to
buy a gun is essentially registration.

We already have a ton of laws and the solution is to enforce them.

Sounds like a replay of the Boston Bomber. The FBI had him on their
radar but weren't telling anyone.

Who said that the CO shooter was on the FBI radar?

The FBI
https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-...t-known-to-fbi

If you want to shoot that messenger

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/othe...bi/vi-BB1eVP0c
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:36:13 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 3/25/2021 11:35 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:
[...]

Biden would have banned my favorite semi-automatic shotgun that I have
owned for about 50 years. I bought it for trap and skeet shooting and
goose hunting. Used it for small game, waterfowl and now scoped for
deer hunting. Several times, it was bang, bang and I filled two deer tags.

Biden would approve of my double barrel skeet gun but I doubt my
neighbors would approve of his advice that I let go with "two blasts"
into the darkness whenever I hear a bump in the night.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 10:06:59 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 12:05:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 22:10:03 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/24/2021 8:31 PM, wrote:

[...]

Does not have to be the police chief but should be someone with
guidelines that would eliminate a permit being issued if there is cause.

I hope you see the difference between owning an AR-15 and 300 rounds of
ammo and a voter registration card.

Nobody said that.

Then why did you bring up the voter ID card at all?

I just said it should not be up to the whims of some
bureaucrat.

Driver's licenses are.

Bull****. You take a test on the computer and have your eyes checked,
pass fail, no opinion involved and if you don't knock over any cones
on your trip around the parking lot and you can park you pass the
driving test. Still no opinion involved.

That tends to be favorable to political friends and people
willing to slip a few bucks under the table and screwing everyone else
but it is New Jersey. What else is new?

Yes, nothing new at all with you raising a lot of FUD and BS.

That is common in those Acela corridor places with onerous gun laws.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/04...y-scheme-case/

This wasn't one license, it was a pattern of behavior over a long
time. The politically connected get a license, otherwise, not so much.

"One license was issued to a person that had 10 moving violations and
had been the subject of at least four domestic violence complaints
including one in which he allegedly threatened to kill someone, Kim
said."

Yeah that is a heluva plan you have there.

Following that logic, because all kinds of govt "bureaucrats" have been bribed
at one time or another, we should just get rid of all govt regulation and oversight.
Do you think the recent GA or CO shooters would have figured out who to bribe
and done it? For every 100 that attempt a bribe, how many succeed versus how
many fail or get caught and busted?

It is what happens when gun licenses are at the whim of a bureaucrat.

OTOH the world is awash in guns. If someone wants one they can get it.
Otherwise there would not be so many drug murders in the cities ...
where most murders happen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 10:09:26 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It depends on what state and in some cases what city you live in.
Baltimore (and the rest of Maryland) has some of the strictest gun
laws in the country. They were even saving bullets and shell casings
from every gun sold for ballistic comparisons for a while, along with
stringent registration schemes and local background checks. It must be
working. They only had a couple hundred unsolved murders in Baltimore
last year.

And where did most of those guns originate from? Not MD, most likely.
Same here and in NY, the majority of guns used in crimes originate from
states that have lax gun laws.

How many were simply stolen? We never hear that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Your ideas are reminiscent of the US policy with Latin America tho

"We can't control our border so you should control yours"
or
"We can't do anything about our drug problems in spite of spending a
half $Trillion on it so you do it for us on your end".

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 13:12:52 -0400, Hal Bundy
wrote:

On 3/25/2021 10:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
To drive a car you have to pass a test.

They eliminated the driver's test here. Licenses are just a cash-grab for the state.

Most people took a driver's test when they were 16 and never had to do
it again. I may be an exception because I got a "virgin" Florida
license in 1979 (didn't give up my Md license). The test was a joke.
At that time in St Pete they actuality took you out on the road. I
had one arm on the back of the seat, just talking to the young girl
giving the test and driving around. I had no problem parking that 225
Buick. I only did it to give my mom confidence enough so she could
pass. (first license in her life at 65 or so)
If you can't just guess 70% on the computer test you are a moron.
The eye test is 20/40 corrected. (AKA "can you see a cow in the
road")

After that you are right, just another tax. I renewed Md by mail and
did not end up with a photo ID. Obviously not even an eye test.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Md%20DL.jpg

My Fl DL is a mail in thing too. I will have to go next time so I can
get the one with the star on it I suppose because I am not mailing my
passport in hopes they will mail it back.
My Mom's license was renewed after she was dead. The application was
filled out in her outgoing mail and I sent it the day she died along
with her other bills. I didn't notice it until I got a fresh license
back. She was good till 2008 and I got another application. The joke
wasn't worth another $35 or whatever it was.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 10:13:20 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 12:34:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:

wrote:

[...]

It's much harder to get a driver's license in states like FL, GA, CO, etc than it is
to buy a gun. And IDK how it works here, but in NJ it's up to the opinion
of the state employee that gives the vehicle driving test as to whether
you get one or not. Interesting. I guess it's because society recognizes that
cars are somewhat dangerous and injure and kill. I guess that's why that
procedure applies to getting a driver's license, but not to tags or a voter
ID card.

I can buy a car and never title it, never buy tags and never get a
driver's license if I only drive it on private property. I only need
that stuff if I am driving on public roads.

And so the jouirney to the wilderness begins.

It is what happens when people try to bring up the driver's license
and car registration analogy. Both of them only apply if you are
taking your car out on public streets. If I carry my gun on the
street, I need far more and you can't do it at all.

That is far more analogous
to having a carry permit for my gun than just having one I only shoot
at the range, take hunting on private property or keep in the house
for self defense.
A carry permit involves fingerprints, photos, a federal and state
background check and mandatory training.

I also dispute the idea that a DMV employee can deny a driver's
license on a hunch. You either pass the test or you don't. Other than
being able to negotiate through some cones and park, it is all on the
computer and a vision check. You only do that once in a lifetime
generally (except for the eye test that still might only be once every
12 years).

There are also no laws about how much gas your car holds, how fast it
can go or issues about the size, shape and general features.
.

The alternative is what we have now, like Ed said, any troubled person,
with mental problems, history of violence, where the people around them
and/or the police know they would be dangerous with a gun, can just walk in
and buy one. We're seeing the results of that with many of the mass shootings.

Perhaps a concerned family member could have stepped in. Colorado does
have a red flag law.

Perhaps they could have had a reasonable, logical PERMIT process so that a
troubled, deranged person can't just walk into Dick's a buy whatever gun they
want. This guy bought the gun just a few days before the shooting. The GA
shooter bought it the day he used it.

You gun extremists and the lib Democrats deserve each other. Like I said,
I really don't care anymore, I don't care if the Democrats change the constitution
if it comes to that. I'm just fed up.

Yeah, nobody was shot in Newark or Camden this week.
Nice going NJ.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

According to that, "'Known to the FBI" in this case just meant that his name was
linked to someone else that the FBI was looking at. It doesn't say anything more
than that, eg anything that indicates the FBI had any inkling of what he was going
to do or that he was a danger. However a simple field background check by the
local police would have likely uncovered that he was deranged and should not have
a gun.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 05:15:40 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Portugal, Czech Republic, Croatia and a number of Latin American
countries have decriminalized or simply legalized drugs.
If you are only talking about Pot that list gets longer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/24/2021 8:31 PM, wrote:

[...]

Typical, find some rare exceptions and try to use it to defeat what works.
It's obviously a lot better than what you do in FL, where guys like the
Parkland shooter just walked into Dick's and bought whatever they wanted
to. They didn't have to bribe anyone, find a friend who's a judge, etc.
This is just like the mask and anti vax BS. Because something isn't 100%
means that it's no good at all.

Yeah that is a heluva plan you have there.

It's sure a lot better than having no plan, like FL.

Following that logic, because all kinds of govt "bureaucrats" have been bribed
at one time or another, we should just get rid of all govt regulation and oversight.
Do you think the recent GA or CO shooters would have figured out who to bribe
and done it? For every 100 that attempt a bribe, how many succeed versus how
many fail or get caught and busted?

It is what happens when gun licenses are at the whim of a bureaucrat.

Like I said, following that logic, let's just get rid of all permits. No longer
need driver's licenses, licenses to handle food, doctor's licenses, building
permits, electrical permits. Just get rid of it all, it's the Fretwell world.

OTOH the world is awash in guns. If someone wants one they can get it.
Otherwise there would not be so many drug murders in the cities ...
where most murders happen.

Some dope like the CO shooter *might* get a gun another way. But theyn't have
to when they can just walk into Dick's. And while trying to buy a gun illegally
or stealing one, they might wind up getting caught.

Like I said, you gun nuts are just as unreasonable as the libs. You deserve each
other and I no longer care what happens. From what I see, the outcome is obvious.
Each year one more city, one more state goes lib. Pretty soon they will have enough
states to validate the compact whereby the electoral college is kaput, that will
accelerate the process. That's why the Trumpets are so mad, they can't understand
how they are losing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Shot with guns that mostly come from out of state, where they have lax gun laws and
don't care. Like your state, FL.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 05:15:40 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

None of them have done that with all recreational drugs.

If you are only talking about Pot that list gets longer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:36:13 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

Biden would have banned my favorite semi-automatic shotgun that I have
owned for about 50 years. I bought it for trap and skeet shooting and
goose hunting. Used it for small game, waterfowl and now scoped for
deer hunting. Several times, it was bang, bang and I filled two deer tags.

I used to trap gophers for the tail bounty when I was a kid but I never
hunted for game. Having said that, I think this is the first time I've
heard someone say they hunt deer with a shotgun. Shows how little I know.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/25/2021 08:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/25/2021 7:16 AM, Pinocchio Psaki wrote:
On 3/24/21 10:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
So there should be no control? Any idiot can have a gun?

We have a ****-ton of useless drug laws that fail to keep drugs off
the streets. You really think gun laws would be any different?

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! Why is it so hard
for you and Biden to understand that?

To drive a car you have to pass a test. To buy a gun, all you need is
money. If the kid buying the CO gun had to pass a simple test he may
not have bought it.

I'm not against guns, just the simplicity of idiots getting them.
Nothing is perfect but little things can help.

What would be on that simple test? 'Are you planning to kill anyone?' He
made it through a 4473.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 17:07:36 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/25/2021 4:35 PM, wrote:

[...]

There will always be guns and murders and gun stolen. Many of the mass
shootings though, were with legally purchased guns, like the one in CO.

"Mass shootings" that make the news or the "hundreds" that the left
talks about?
Most "Mass shootings" are statistically in the hood (3 or 4 people
shot)

I'm not overly concerned about drug dealers shooting each other with
stolen guns as I am of innocent victims in many of the mass shootings.

The ones you are talking about with innocent white people don't even
bump the needle in the murder rate. It is closer to the number killed
by lightning. In Florida that is far more likely than being shot in a
mass shooting.

https://www.weather.gov/safety/lightning-fatalities

Look at the locations

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

So you can't control your criminals so you want to punish people in
states that don't have your problems. Typical democrat.

It is like us saying to Latin America, we can't control our border for
a third of a trillion dollars in the last 17 years so you do it on
your end

https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...order-security

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 20:27:50 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 03/25/2021 08:34 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/25/2021 7:16 AM, Pinocchio Psaki wrote:
On 3/24/21 10:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
So there should be no control? Any idiot can have a gun?

We have a ****-ton of useless drug laws that fail to keep drugs off
the streets. You really think gun laws would be any different?

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! Why is it so hard
for you and Biden to understand that?

To drive a car you have to pass a test. To buy a gun, all you need is
money. If the kid buying the CO gun had to pass a simple test he may
not have bought it.

I'm not against guns, just the simplicity of idiots getting them.
Nothing is perfect but little things can help.

What would be on that simple test? 'Are you planning to kill anyone?' He
made it through a 4473.

.... and a federal background check. That is more than you need for a
driver's license.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2021 9:38 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 3/26/21 9:30 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

I used to trap gophers for the tail bounty when I was a kid but I never
hunted for game. Having said that, I think this is the first time I've
heard someone say they hunt deer with a shotgun. Shows how little I
know.

In the eastern part of NC it is or atleast was (have not hunted in about
40 years) a requirement to use shotguns only. Much of the land is flat
and they are afraid the rifle bullets will carry too far.* In other
parts of NC you can shoot almost any kind of gun at deer.

Much of the deer hunting in the eastern part is sort of like rabbit
hunting.* The hunters will space theirselves out in a line about 100
yards apart.* Then 2 or 3 men will start at the other end of an area
with a couple of dogs and attempt to drive the deer toward that line of
men.

This is unlike most deer hunting where one man goes out and finds a spot
and usually puts up a stand in a tree and waits for the deer to come by.
Sometimes the hunter will put out corn or other food to entice the deer
to come near him.

Driving deer and hunting over bait are not allowed in most states.

I was doing work in a semi-works of one of their plants there. The
would hunt deer by surrounding an area with pickup trucks and stand
around the truck while dogs drove the deer out where they shot them.
One of the guys working on the semi-works crew lost his son that week
when he was accidentally shot.

I never bagged a deer on a drive in PA and did well on stands not
driven. You cannot bait in PA but can in DE.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 09:30:22 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

[...]

and in most civilized states both the "deer drive" and "baiting" are
illegal

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/26/2021 07:10 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Reminds me of a news broadcast a few years back. Near a high dollar
real estate area they did not want any hunters. About 5 years later the
deer population was such many were hitting the deer with the high dollar
cars. The same woman said she wanted hunters in the area and for them
to kill every deer.

Over in Helena the cops cull the urban deer herd and give the meat to
the food bank. They have muleys which are more aggressive than
whitetails. We have whitetails which are more civilized but they make
gardens an ongoing battle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 21:10:42 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

This is unlike most deer hunting where one man goes out and finds a spot
and usually puts up a stand in a tree and waits for the deer to come by.
Sometimes the hunter will put out corn or other food to entice the deer
to come near him.

and in most civilized states both the "deer drive" and "baiting" are
illegal

Guess it depends on the deer population. As the number of hunters
decline the rules change.

Reminds me of a news broadcast a few years back. Near a high dollar
real estate area they did not want any hunters. About 5 years later the
deer population was such many were hitting the deer with the high dollar
cars. The same woman said she wanted hunters in the area and for them
to kill every deer.

They should have just moved the deer crossing to a place where it would be
safer for both the deer and the cars. This woman explains how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCrJleggrI

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, the Endlessly Driveling Senile Gossip

On Fri, 26 Mar 2021 19:24:08 -0600, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

Over in Helena the cops cull the urban deer herd and give the meat to
the food bank. They have muleys which are more aggressive than
whitetails. We have whitetails which are more civilized but they make
gardens an ongoing battle.

Kinda the wrong ng here for your endless gossip, don't you think so,
lowbrowwoman?