Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Details emerging on CO shooter, same old story, no permit process

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 12:36:13 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 3/25/2021 11:35 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 3/25/2021 7:16 AM, Pinocchio Psaki wrote:
On 3/24/21 10:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
So there should be no control?Â* Any idiot can have a gun?

We have a ****-ton of useless drug laws that fail to keep drugs off the
streets.Â* You really think gun laws would be any different?

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! Why is it so hard
for you and Biden to understand that?

To drive a car you have to pass a test. To buy a gun, all you need is
money. If the kid buying the CO gun had to pass a simple test he may
not have bought it.

I'm not against guns, just the simplicity of idiots getting them.
Nothing is perfect but little things can help.

I'm not against some guns. Hunting weapons (bolt/lever action
rifles and shotguns) should be available to those with the
appropriate training (hunter safety, etc). Target weapons
likewise.

I'm very much against semi-automatic rifles with large magazine
capacities as they are only used to kill people.

Revolvers are ok, not sure about the 1911 et alia.

In looking at the second amendment, which talks about arms,
not guns, one could read it in the context of the 18th
century arms - muskets, the odd single-shot rifle, swords,
pole-arms and cannon. Arms today encompasses everything
from a bb-gun to nuclear weapons.

We clearly have a limit today on the arms that a citizen may
possess (e.g. hand grenades, most automatic weapons), so it
is just a matter of determining where the cutoff is.

Self-defense is often cited as a justification for the possession
of military weapons, which is pretty silly on the face of it.

Red Dawn is a movie, not real life.

Biden would have banned my favorite semi-automatic shotgun that I have
owned for about 50 years. I bought it for trap and skeet shooting and
goose hunting. Used it for small game, waterfowl and now scoped for
deer hunting. Several times, it was bang, bang and I filled two deer tags.

Biden would approve of my double barrel skeet gun but I doubt my
neighbors would approve of his advice that I let go with "two blasts"
into the darkness whenever I hear a bump in the night.