Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default OT: Details emerging on CO shooter, same old story, no permit process

On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 4:24:21 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 08:42:21 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 9:39:33 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 03/25/2021 06:18 AM, Frank wrote:
On 3/24/2021 8:31 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 11:18:30 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

The details are starting to emerge on the 21 year old shooter that
killed ten people. Family and people who knew him saying that he
was paranoid, delusional, believed his former high school was spying
on him. He had at least one run in with the police for assaulting a
student for no reason.

Once again there was no permit process and apparently he just
bought an AR-15 a few days before the shooting. And once again
I'm saying that we need a uniform permit process across the
country, where the local police chief issues the permit, after an
actual background check by the local police. Had they just talked
to his family as part of that process or the school, likely the permit
never would have been issued.

This is now at the point where I really don't care what happens to
gun owners anymore. It's like Trump. You can only do so much to
try to get people to listen, to warn them about bad things happening.
It's like talking to a wall. Eventually you just have to say that
whatever
will be will be and maybe the gun nuts will get what they deserve.
So if Biden and the Democrats pass some draconian legislation that
screws gun owners, I really don't care anymore. They can repeal the
2nd amendment for all I care because the NRA and most gun
owners deserve whatever they get at this point.

Basically you are just saying the police chief gets to use his opinion
on guns to decide who can buy one.
Hope he is not a racist. (although it might have helped in this case)
I wonder if we should issue driver's licenses, tags and voter ID cards
the same way.

The way is is structured today is that you need to go through a
background check every time you buy a gun. Only the gun shop has a
record of the sale which he must preserve but the Feds do not keep
records. This is to avoid registration of each gun as we have learned
in the past, registration leads to confiscation. A government permit to
buy a gun is essentially registration.

We already have a ton of laws and the solution is to enforce them.
Sounds like a replay of the Boston Bomber. The FBI had him on their
radar but weren't telling anyone.

Who said that the CO shooter was on the FBI radar?

The FBI
https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-...t-known-to-fbi

If you want to shoot that messenger

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/othe...bi/vi-BB1eVP0c

According to that, "'Known to the FBI" in this case just meant that his name was
linked to someone else that the FBI was looking at. It doesn't say anything more
than that, eg anything that indicates the FBI had any inkling of what he was going
to do or that he was a danger. However a simple field background check by the
local police would have likely uncovered that he was deranged and should not have
a gun.