Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Doing things in my sleep

Once in a while a couple over the air tv stations have bad reception.
It seems to have something to do with the weather.

But when I record shows on a timer, I don't remmeber what the weather
was like. And a couple weeks ago the only show I record started to
have distortion pretty often. Eventually I noticed it was channel 2, a
major, local station!

I didn't know what to do for a couple days, and then it dawned on me. I
have 2 A-B switches screwed to the shelf next to my bed that holds the
radio, DVDR, VCR, cassette player, Alexa, and some little things.

And I think 6 months ago my DVDR stopped working and it took an hour to
figure out why. Apparently in my sleep, I switched the tv input from
the DVDR to the VCR (and the VCR wasn't turned on.)

And this time I guess in my sleep, I switched the A-B antenna switch to
the 2nd floor antenna, which is not as good as the amplified attic
antenna.

It's strange, I haven't touched those switches on purpose for more than
4 years, except after I change one in my sleep. It's hard to believe I
changed but there is no other explanation.

It's really nice to have a good picture on the tv.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

The more likely explanation is that the device changed itself, glitched.

It's really nice to have a good picture on the tv.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 01:11 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 01:11:57 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

01:11 am in Australia??? AGAIN? Don't you think it's a bit early to start
with your trolling at this time of the night, senile asshole? LOL

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 7:42:29 AM UTC-6, micky wrote:
[...]

snow flurries indoors and outdoors

this kind of stuff happens to me alla time

possibly a time traveler changed it while you weren't looking, because he needed that one flap of a butterfly wing to prevent the end of the world

or something

mk5000

Might sit down on my diamond plate tailgate
Put in my country rock hip-hop mixtape
Little Conway, a little T-Pain, might just make it rain
You can hang your t-shirt on a limb

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/l/luke...ghtlyrics.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 8:12:15 AM UTC-6, Rod Speed wrote:
"micky" wrote in message
[...]

That's good to know!

the company likely downloaded changes to your dvr that you really were not aware of

Did anyone have snow today? or is it all over

We are just plain-old warm here,, but going to be cold soon again.

i really cannot wait til this covid is over.

I really wanted to get to Mardi Gras this year but they did not celebrate this year as in years past

One year Went there for a ball for a niece It was truly like looking into the past--at something that I at the time thought will likely not be there a generation from now--such elaborate nonsense--but all in fun.

I wonder if covid will have really made things like this a thing of the past

mk5000

I'm so sad and depressed
Is all I want to do is rest
I go to sleep at night
But my dreams I just can't fight--by Cyndi

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 9:20:41 AM UTC-6, Peeler wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 01:11:57 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

01:11 am in Australia??? AGAIN? Don't you think it's a bit early to start
with your trolling at this time of the night, senile asshole? LOL

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from you boring them
to death."
MID:

ps if YOU have time you should leave your comments on that one blog under the clip
they were right on

mk5000

Michael: [after finding out something went wrong with his friend, Rock] Something's wrong! I'll go to save him.

Tracy Lee: Are we going down the gutter?

Michael: You can't go. It's too dangerous.--Black Mask

Posted to alt.home.repair

marika wrote

i really cannot wait til this covid is over.

I really wanted to get to Mardi Gras this year but
they did not celebrate this year as in years past

I plan to do Oshkosh once its safe to do so.

One year Went there for a ball for a niece It was truly
like looking into the past--at something that I at the time
thought will likely not be there a generation from now--
such elaborate nonsense--but all in fun.

I wonder if covid will have really made
things like this a thing of the past

Nope, we had ours this year, we have covid under control in Oz.

Things will return to normal once most are vaccinated
even if we do need boosters every year with the flu.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

No, that's impossible. It's an A-B switch, a mechanical switch.

It's really nice to have a good picture on the tv.

That's good to know!

But you don't know it.

the company likely downloaded changes to your dvr that you really were not aware of

My dvr doesn't accept downloads and the switch is not part of the dvr.
It's a switch!

https://www.amazon.com/Philmore-Isol...GWI/ref=sr_1_4

Did anyone have snow today? or is it all over

We are just plain-old warm here,, but going to be cold soon again.

i really cannot wait til this covid is over.

I really wanted to get to Mardi Gras this year but they did not celebrate this year as in years past

One year Went there for a ball for a niece It was truly like looking into the past--at something that I at the time thought will likely not be there a generation from now--such elaborate nonsense--but all in fun.

I wonder if covid will have really made things like this a thing of the past

mk5000

I'm so sad and depressed
Is all I want to do is rest
I go to sleep at night
But my dreams I just can't fight--by Cyndi

Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

I meant the device, not the switch.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 13:42:52 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 14 Mar 2021 20:13:38 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

That couldn't be either, because there is only one antenna input**, and
because switching the mechanical switch back fixed it.

Apparently I may not be dream-walking but I'm dream-switching.

** That's the point of the switch, to allow two possible antennas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

And if you never use it, better to remove it and the extra connections i
requires, each of which results in signal loss.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 9:43:08 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
marika wrote
i really cannot wait til this covid is over.

I really wanted to get to Mardi Gras this year but
they did not celebrate this year as in years past

I plan to do Oshkosh once its safe to do so.

The food experience just isn't the same.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"bruce bowser" wrote in message
On Saturday, March 13, 2021 at 9:43:08 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
marika wrote
i really cannot wait til this covid is over.

I really wanted to get to Mardi Gras this year but
they did not celebrate this year as in years past

I plan to do Oshkosh once its safe to do so.

The food experience just isn't the same.

But what you get to look at is vastly better.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 19:48:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

But what you get to look at is vastly better.

Not for you, senile Australian bigmouth!

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent: