Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Doing things in my sleep

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 14 Mar 2021 20:13:38 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 13 Mar 2021 17:44:02 -0800 (PST), marika
wrote:

On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 8:12:15 AM UTC-6, Rod Speed wrote:
"micky" wrote in message
Once in a while a couple over the air tv stations have bad reception.
It seems to have something to do with the weather.

But when I record shows on a timer, I don't remmeber what the weather
was like. And a couple weeks ago the only show I record started to
have distortion pretty often. Eventually I noticed it was channel 2, a
major, local station!

I didn't know what to do for a couple days, and then it dawned on me.
have 2 A-B switches screwed to the shelf next to my bed that holds the
radio, DVDR, VCR, cassette player, Alexa, and some little things.

And I think 6 months ago my DVDR stopped working and it took an hour
figure out why. Apparently in my sleep, I switched the tv input from
the DVDR to the VCR (and the VCR wasn't turned on.)

And this time I guess in my sleep, I switched the A-B antenna switch
the 2nd floor antenna, which is not as good as the amplified attic
antenna.

It's strange, I haven't touched those switches on purpose for more
than
4 years, except after I change one in my sleep. It's hard to believe I
changed but there is no other explanation.

The more likely explanation is that the device changed itself, glitched.

No, that's impossible. It's an A-B switch, a mechanical switch.

I meant the device, not the switch.

That couldn't be either, because there is only one antenna input**, and
because switching the mechanical switch back fixed it.

Apparently I may not be dream-walking but I'm dream-switching.

** That's the point of the switch, to allow two possible antennas.