Old February 21st 21, 03:04 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:11:50 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 12:43:39 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 03:08:46 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Rod Speed wrote:
wrote
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 06:32:24 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 8:25:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:00:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:41:23 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Feb 21 01:13:54 UTC, Gary Jones
wrote:

One of Joe Biden’s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain
on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively
similarly to liberal states like New York,
New Jersey, and California that have strictly locked down. After
all,
that
certainly isn’t what we were told would happen.

“I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like
Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers
aren’t
that
different from Florida,” host Stepanie Ruhle
noted.

https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida

Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be
why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?

We don't hear much about Sweden these days, probably because they
are
down around #19, way behind the countries with severe lockdowns
in
place. Their politicians finally succumbed to political pressure
impose some closures (bars close at 10PM) but they are still
pretty
open compared to most countries with worse problems than them
including the UK at #3 and the US at #8.

But those fools got an obscene result in the death rate
and didn’t do any better on the effect on the economy
so all those corpses were for nothing.

It is not really obscene when you consider it is ~70% of how UK
did.

(0.12% Swe vs 0.17% UK)

The only sensible comparison is with the rest of scandinavia
and sweden got more deaths than the whole of the rest of
scandinavia COMBINED and didn’t even save any jobs or
small businesses in the process.
Why would that be true? Are you saying Finland is exactly the same as
Sweden? I bet the Swedes would disagree.

He's saying that it would be a more fair comparison, certainly the first
place
to look for comparison, instead of trying to compare Sweden with the USA
or UK.

It still doesn't support the scary predictions of what would happen.

Corse it does with the obscene death rate they got.

0.12% is not that high compared to most of the world

The rest of the world is irrelevant, what matters is the rest
of scandinavia. That’s the death rate they could have got
with sensible controls on the spread of the virus.

OK that gets us back closer to home again. Compare
Florida to California. NBC did in a story that was far
more candid than I would expect from them.

Newsom locked his state down tight,

Bull****.

fines for not wearing a mask businesses shuttered.
DeSantis was far more open. Our numbers are
better than California's in spite of the influx
from northern hot spots and Europe.

For other reasons like demographics.

What demographics.

California is much worse with way the dregs of society lives.

Don't talk about Scott that way. He is a nice guy.

Florida is a lot "older" than California, particularly
this time of year with a million senior snow birds.

But the don’t live like the dregs of society do.

Why do you think this only affects the homeless? There are plenty of
homeless here too.

We really do not have the laws to enforce that.

BULL****.

Find me a successful prosecution of an asymptomatic person breaking
quarantine.

So much for the claim of enforcement at the point of a government gun, or
whatever that nonsense was.

It is simply not an enforceable law, gun or not if the person is
asymptomatic.

Old February 21st 21, 03:11 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 18:37:47 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 12:31:58 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 07:07:38 -0800 (PST), trader_4

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:17:34 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/18/2021 9:22 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:42:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 21:02:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/19/2021 1:13 AM, Gary Jones wrote:
One of Joe Biden’s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively similarly to liberal states like New York, New Jersey, and
California that have strictly locked down. After all, that certainly
isn’t what we were told would happen.

“I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers aren’t
that different from Florida,” host Stepanie Ruhle noted.

https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida

Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?

Florida does not have as much lockdown but we do wear masks so your
statement is false.

Masks are still voluntary, not at the point of a government gun like
New York or California.

There is no govt gun, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist/liar.

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. Ask the
Babbitt family. She was shot for trespassing.

She was shot because she was trying to climb through a window into a
room where elected officials were still hiding.
AKA trespassing.

No, it was breaking and entering.

What was an unarmed woman going to do? Ask them
embarrassing questions?

That still does not justify the use of deadly force. Nobody was in
imminent danger. If so, why was there only one cop shooting?

I probably would not have shot that woman, but they clearly were in imminent danger.

snip the Trump tirade

If they were in such danger, why was only one gun drawn and fired? The
other cops did not seem to be that threatened.

You clearly want to engage in a discussion, but you refuse to arm yourself
with any of the facts. One wonders what the point of that is supposed to
be. Did you see any of the video taken at the insurrection?

Look, I'm willing to be the first to say that the cops should have fired
long and hard into that crowd, but that's my gut talking. My head says the
cops were greatly outnumbered and had no idea what kind of firepower might
be held in that crowd, and even if the cops were to prevail on that day, if
the situation was escalated to that extent what's to say another group
wouldn't have returned by now, and maybe they'd bring much more firepower?
On another forum that I subscribe to, the radicals there say the thing they
want the most is a war, that's their word for it. They also say, "this is
far from over", whatever that means.

OK, so if the authorities can't place machine gun nests along the edge of
the roof and they can't fire radioactive dye packs that would allow easy
identification, even weeks later, of the folks who were there, then what's
still available? What's your plan, if any?

Your thinking might have been acceptable 100 years ago but the police
use of force has been refined down since the 60s and it has reached
the point that they need to demonstrate a fear of imminent bodily
harm.
What the hell do you think the complaint was against Darren Wilson was
all about? Michael Brown had tried to take his gun away (Brown's DNA
was on the gun) yet when he was shot, Ferguson burned along with some
other cities. Wilson had to face a grand jury. The name still was
coming up this summer in those riots.

I also hear now there were Capitol Cops welcoming the protestors in.
Six have been identified and suspended.

Like trader_4 says, prosecute them if their behavior wasn't acceptable.

Old February 21st 21, 04:46 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Bull**** they do. The cop who shot that stupid woman hasn’t been charged.

Just more mindless bull****.

: Michael Brown had tried to take his gun away
(Brown's DNA was on the gun) yet when he was
shot, Ferguson burned along with some other
cities. Wilson had to face a grand jury. The name
still was coming up this summer in those riots.

And the individual who shot that stupid
woman hasn’t even been named or charged.

Old February 21st 21, 03:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 14:46:07 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

It is still under investigation but I agree he won't be charged.

What the hell do you think the complaint
was against Darren Wilson was all about?

Just more mindless bull****.

: Michael Brown had tried to take his gun away
(Brown's DNA was on the gun) yet when he was
shot, Ferguson burned along with some other
cities. Wilson had to face a grand jury. The name
still was coming up this summer in those riots.

And the individual who shot that stupid
woman hasn’t even been named or charged.

It is still under investigation and they are slow walking this.

Old February 21st 21, 05:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 14:46:07 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 12:31:58 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 07:07:38 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So your claim that they need to demonstrate a
fear of imminent bodily harm is bull****, as always.

What the hell do you think the complaint
was against Darren Wilson was all about?

Just more mindless bull****.

: Michael Brown had tried to take his gun away
(Brown's DNA was on the gun) yet when he was
shot, Ferguson burned along with some other
cities. Wilson had to face a grand jury. The name
still was coming up this summer in those riots.

And the individual who shot that stupid
woman hasn’t even been named or charged.

It is still under investigation

Bull****.

and they are slow walking this.

In fact no one needs to demonstrate a fear of imminent
bodily harm. Your claim is bull****, as always.

Old February 22nd 21, 01:29 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 03:32:33 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

There have been cops who shot black people who were charged. Ashli
made the mistake of being white and a Trumper when the democrats were
in charge.

Old February 22nd 21, 02:34 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 03:32:33 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 14:46:07 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

m...

wrote:

[...]

Not for that reason they werent.

Old February 22nd 21, 09:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 12:35:18 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to
digest...

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 3:16:00 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 18:38:13 -0500, posted for all of us to
digest...

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

AKA trespassing. What was an unarmed woman going to do? Ask them
embarrassing questions?

That still does not justify the use of deadly force. Nobody was in
imminent danger. If so, why was there only one cop shooting?

Because it fits their political narrative. All the critters were exposed to
sunlight and they were trying to get back to their nest. Just like cockroaches.

--
Tekkie

No idea what that even means in the context of the cop shooting the
woman who was breaking and entering the Capitol.

I'll make it simple for you. Police and gov't officials were warned protesters
were going to perform a peaceful protest. Your left-wing buddies got wind and
added their vitriol to the mix. The gov't, as usual, was not prepared; despite
the early warning. The Trump side was peaceful, the left side - as is the case
wasn't. Remember George Soros has his minions stationed, supplied, and manned
in different areas of the country. Certainly activated and ready by the prior
warning. They started the melee while the peaceful protesters were given access
by capitol police. The critters got upset when they heard the ruckus. Normally
shielded from the deplorables they got their panties in a wad and called for
reinforcements. This lady made her way in perhaps encouraged by the lefties and
was shot by a capital policeman unused to this scenario. Other policemen did
not shoot. This is what is known. No one was in imminent danger and the
shooting is unjustified. We have only heard the lefts side on this at the very
early stages of an investigation. A policeman was reportedly killed with a fire
extinguisher. Not true. No other account has been made public other than that
it is under investigation. The picture referred to of the FBI agents is a slice
of time completely unrelated to this incident.

--
Tekkie
Old February 22nd 21, 10:19 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Idiocy!. trumps right wing goons were being followed on the web planning
their assault on the Capital. It was well know by anyone paying
attention what they were planning. trumps temp appointees made sure that
the Capital Police could not get the resources they needed without
trumps approval.

https://www.npr.org/sections/insurre...at-the-capitol

[...]

You are still totally incapable of taking your own political idiocy to
your own chosen political newsgroup, even while you DEMAND that everyone
else DO AS YOU TELL THEM!

I will continue to refute the lies you righties spew.