Old February 19th 21, 11:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Re=3a_OT=3a_Biden_COVIDiot_Can=c2=92t_Explain_ Why_Locked-?=Down_California_Isn=c2=92t_Doing_Better_Than_O pen_Florida?=

On 2/18/2021 7:19 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 21 01:13:54 UTC, Gary Jones wrote:

One of Joe Biden’s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to explain on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed relatively similarly to liberal states like New York,
New Jersey, and California that have strictly locked down. After all, that certainly isn’t what we were told would happen.

“I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like Florida and California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers aren’t that different from Florida,” host Stepanie Ruhle
noted.

https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida

Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work.* That must be why democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?

We don't hear much about Sweden these days, probably because they are
down around #19, way behind the countries with severe lockdowns in
place. Their politicians finally succumbed to political pressure to
impose some closures (bars close at 10PM) but they are still pretty
open compared to most countries with worse problems than them
including the UK at #3 and the US at #8.

Brazil demonstrated the really positive value of just letting it go wild
for "herd immunity"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...tial_manual_23

Old February 20th 21, 12:34 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT: Biden COVIDiot Can?t Explain Why Locked-Down California Isn?t Doing Better Than Open Florida

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 06:32:24 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 8:25:05 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:00:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:41:23 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

But those fools got an obscene result in the death rate
and didn’t do any better on the effect on the economy
so all those corpses were for nothing.

It is not really obscene when you consider it is ~70% of how UK did.

(0.12% Swe vs 0.17% UK)

The only sensible comparison is with the rest of scandinavia
and sweden got more deaths than the whole of the rest of
scandinavia COMBINED and didn’t even save any jobs or
small businesses in the process.

Why would that be true? Are you saying Finland is exactly the same as
Sweden? I bet the Swedes would disagree.

He's saying that it would be a more fair comparison, certainly the first place
to look for comparison, instead of trying to compare Sweden with the USA or UK.

It still doesn't support the scary predictions of what would happen.

OK that gets us back closer to home again. Compare Florida to
California. NBC did in a story that was far more candid than I would
expect from them.
Newsom locked his state down tight, fines for not wearing a mask
businesses shuttered. DeSantis was far more open. Our numbers are
better than California's in spite of the influx from northern hot
spots and Europe. We do win the prize for the highest number of UK
variant infections tho.
Old February 20th 21, 12:38 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 09:17:34 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 2/18/2021 9:22 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 14:42:52 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 21:02:35 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 2/19/2021 1:13 AM, Gary Jones wrote:
One of Joe Biden’s COVID-19 advisers, Andy Slavitt, was unable to
explain on MSNBC why open Republican states like Florida have performed
relatively similarly to liberal states like New York, New Jersey, and
California that have strictly locked down. After all, that certainly
isn’t what we were told would happen.

“I want to start with what we just saw, contrast states like Florida and
California, California basically in lockdown and their numbers aren’t
that different from Florida,” host Stepanie Ruhle noted.

https://bongino.com/biden-covid-advi...n-open-florida

Apparently lock-downs and masks don't actually work. That must be why
democrap politicians ignore their own mask/lockdown laws?

Florida does not have as much lockdown but we do wear masks so your
statement is false.

Masks are still voluntary, not at the point of a government gun like
New York or California.

There is no govt gun, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist/liar.

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. Ask the
Babbitt family. She was shot for trespassing.

She was shot because she was trying to climb through a window into a
room where elected officials were still hiding.

AKA trespassing. What was an unarmed woman going to do? Ask them
embarrassing questions?

That still does not justify the use of deadly force. Nobody was in
imminent danger. If so, why was there only one cop shooting?
Old February 20th 21, 01:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

If these were black people in your neighborhood, I bet your opinion
would be the opposite.
Old February 20th 21, 02:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Corse it does with the obscene death rate they got.

In spades with Brazil etc.

Bull****.

fines for not wearing a mask businesses shuttered.
DeSantis was far more open. Our numbers are
better than California's in spite of the influx
from northern hot spots and Europe.

For other reasons like demographics.

We do win the prize for the highest
number of UK variant infections tho.

Hardly surprising when you lot are stupid
enough to let foreigners into your state
without quarantining them.

Old February 20th 21, 08:13 AM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

I would be more worried about shooting a black burglar than a white
one.
White lives don't seem to matter as much. If Babbitt was black DC
would still be smoldering.

BTW DC is not a Castle State. You have the obligation to retreat and
you are not allowed to have a loaded gun there anyway, in spite of
Heller.
Old February 20th 21, 08:16 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 12:14:17 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

0.12% is not that high compared to most of the world

OK that gets us back closer to home again. Compare
Florida to California. NBC did in a story that was far
more candid than I would expect from them.

Newsom locked his state down tight,

Bull****.

fines for not wearing a mask businesses shuttered.
DeSantis was far more open. Our numbers are
better than California's in spite of the influx
from northern hot spots and Europe.

For other reasons like demographics.

What demographics. Florida is a lot "older" than California,
particularly this time of year with a million senior snow birds.

We do win the prize for the highest
number of UK variant infections tho.

Hardly surprising when you lot are stupid
enough to let foreigners into your state
without quarantining them.

We really do not have the laws to enforce that.
Old February 20th 21, 08:18 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 23:29:27 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

[...]

All laws are enforced at the point of a government gun. It is just a
fact. Argue with a cop and find out like Ms Babbitt did.
Old February 20th 21, 04:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

No, it was breaking and entering.

What was an unarmed woman going to do? Ask them
embarrassing questions?

That still does not justify the use of deadly force. Nobody was in
imminent danger. If so, why was there only one cop shooting?

I probably would not have shot that woman, but they clearly were in imminent danger.
They had a sofa pushed up against the doors, the mob was outside pushing
violently to get in and could have succeeded at any moment. The window
was broken out and the woman was proceeding in despite having guns
pointed at her and being ordered to stop. There were only a few cops there,
had she come on in, it would have taken a couple to deal with her. Was she
armed? They didn't know. While they were dealing with her, the others could
have pushed on through the door. That probably was the intention, she was
going in to open access for the rest. This woman died of her own stupidity,
believing Trump's lies, that's what killed her.