Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. California vs. Florida. Covid

This article compares California's and Florida's approaches to the Covid virus. It says results are more or less similar.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9262397/How-California-Florida-took-different-approaches-ended-result.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 06:12:39 -0800 (PST), Dean Hoffman
wrote:

This article compares California's and Florida's approaches to the Covid virus. It says results are more or less similar.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9262397/How-California-Florida-took-different-approaches-ended-result.html

I bet Florida also has a higher tourist and snowbird population. You
have to believe the reason we are tops in the UK variant is all those
UK snowbirds we get every year. The Canadians are using extraordinary
tactics to get around their travel restrictions.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/border...g-in-1.5196426
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This article compares California's and Florida's approaches to the Covid virus. It says results are more or less similar.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9262397/How-California-Florida-took-different-approaches-ended-result.html

I've been puzzled about the marked difference between
Ontario and Quebec - next-door-neighbours -
Ontario pop. 14.5 m. Quebec pop. 8.5 m.
- but with similar population distribution & demographic -

and with ~ similar covid restrictions :

Quebec 1200 deaths per million
Ontario 450 deaths per million

Canada 560 * Quebec pulling it up
USA 1500

" Lies, damn lies, .. statistics. "

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This article compares California's and Florida's approaches to the Covid virus. It says results are more or less similar.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9262397/How-California-Florida-took-different-approaches-ended-result.html

I bet Florida also has a higher tourist and snowbird population. You
have to believe the reason we are tops in the UK variant is all those
UK snowbirds we get every year. The Canadians are using extraordinary
tactics to get around their travel restrictions.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/border...g-in-1.5196426

The Canadian pleasure travellers will face forced hotel quarantine -
- at their own expense ! when they return -
- recent legislation enacted
.. after the horse is out of the barn
A recent returnee was caught with a falsified covid test -
he had altered it from "positive" to "negative"
in an attempt to avoid the covid-hotel ..
.. wonder how many people he infected on the plane ?
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This article compares California's and Florida's approaches to the Covid
virus. It says results are more or less similar.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9262397/How-California-Florida-took-different-approaches-ended-result.html

I've been puzzled about the marked difference between
Ontario and Quebec - next-door-neighbours -
Ontario pop. 14.5 m. Quebec pop. 8.5 m.
- but with similar population distribution & demographic -

and with ~ similar covid restrictions :

Quebec 1200 deaths per million
Ontario 450 deaths per million

It appears to mostly be due to the stupid Quebecois
thumbing their noses at masks and social distancing
and staying home for the elderly.

Canada 560 * Quebec pulling it up
USA 1500

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 04:39:30 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

This article compares California's and Florida's approaches to the Covid
virus. It says results are more or less similar.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9262397/How-California-Florida-took-different-approaches-ended-result.html

I've been puzzled about the marked difference between
Ontario and Quebec - next-door-neighbours -
Ontario pop. 14.5 m. Quebec pop. 8.5 m.
- but with similar population distribution & demographic -
and with ~ similar covid restrictions :
Quebec 1200 deaths per million
Ontario 450 deaths per million

It appears to mostly be due to the stupid Quebecois
thumbing their noses at masks and social distancing
and staying home for the elderly.

I guess you'd know .... but, my daughter lives there
and she doesn't see that behavior at all !
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 04:39:30 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Quebec 1200 deaths per million
Ontario 450 deaths per million

It appears to mostly be due to the stupid Quebecois
thumbing their noses at masks and social distancing
and staying home for the elderly.

Yeah, senile Arsetralian arsehole, keep ALSO teaching those Canucks about
how things are in their country, just as you do so competently with the
Brits and the Yanks! VBG

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing the auto-contradicting senile cretin:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 04:39:30 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

This article compares California's and Florida's approaches to the Covid
virus. It says results are more or less similar.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9262397/How-California-Florida-took-different-approaches-ended-result.html

I've been puzzled about the marked difference between
Ontario and Quebec - next-door-neighbours -
Ontario pop. 14.5 m. Quebec pop. 8.5 m.
- but with similar population distribution & demographic -
and with ~ similar covid restrictions :
Quebec 1200 deaths per million
Ontario 450 deaths per million

It appears to mostly be due to the stupid Quebecois
thumbing their noses at masks and social distancing
and staying home for the elderly.

I guess you'd know .... but, my daughter lives there
and she doesn't see that behavior at all !

Have fun explaining that massive difference in the death rate.

In theory it could be a dramatic difference in the use of nursing
homes and retirement villages, but there isnt any evidence of that.
In fact both are adjacent in the spending per person on those and
they both have the same proportion of covid deaths happening in
those places.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 06:21:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

The first thing I would want to see is the age distribution. Then look
at how many involve nursing homes.
Numbers like this without taking into account other factors can get
you bad results.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 16:29:00 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 06:21:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 04:39:30 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

[...]

Almost all the deaths are elderly - almost all of those
are in care homes ; the exceptions to this are mostly
people with other health problems. There are a few
younger healthy deaths - but not many.
__ Is that different in the USA ? __
My rural 2-County health unit has hit ~ 51 deaths since
it all started - all-but-2 were care-home outbreaks.
The 2-County health unit adjacent to me - who have had
very good luck with their care homes - remarkable stats :

https://www.publichealthgreybruce.on.ca/

.... unfortunately - Toronto people and speculators
are flocking there -
and buying up every home & cottage in bidding wars ..
... geeeze and damn ..
... that really sucks.

John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 06:21:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 04:39:30 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

m...

There is **** all in that too.
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/...artie2-eng.htm

Then look at how many involve nursing homes.
Numbers like this without taking into account
other factors can get you bad results.

Waffle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 16 Feb 2021 06:12:39 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

This article compares California's and Florida's approaches to the Covid virus. It says results are more or less similar.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9262397/How-California-Florida-took-different-approaches-ended-result.html

Not directly related, except this is about corona: Walgreen's is giving
vaccinations but every time I tried to sign up I'd have to click on the
first page, enter my zip and click, answer 4 questions and click

So I tried Giant, and get this, I'm in line to enter the website!!

You can close this page without losing your place in line.
You are now in line
You are in line for Giant Food COVID19. When it is your turn, you will
have 10 minutes to enter the website.
[very clever progress bar, green segments with a little walking man
in the right most segment!]
Expected arrival time on the website: 5:17 PM EST
Your estimated wait time is: 4 minutes (It started at 5 minutes. )
Status last updated: 5:14:56 PM EST

Leave the line (You will lose your place)
Queue ID: 255f2a41-d329-495b-9c20-7809cac36e6

So there are two ways to leave the page, one which keeps my place in
line and one which loses it.

-- Look how many numbers they use for my Queue ID! Ever since
computers were invented, American consumption of numbers has increased
tremendously. Except for a,b,c,d,e, and f, all the other numbers 0-9
are Arabic numbers and they are imported from Saudi Arabia and other
Arab-dominated countries.

SO, after waiting 10 minutes, I was redirected to the Giant Pharmacy
website, where it said:
There are currently no COVID-19 vaccine appointments available.
Please check back later. We appreciate your patience as we open as many
appointments as possible. Thank you.

To see if they ran out of places while I was waiting 10 minutes, I
started over, and at first got the same message, no COVID-19 vaccine,
and then tried again right away and got

Rejected queue number
There has been an error, and your queue number has been rejected. We
have reported the issue, and apologize for any inconvenience.
Unfortunately, you will need to click the button below to get a new
place at the end of the queue.
Get a new place in line

And again I'm waiting 10 minutes!! Will it be different this time? Only
my life hangs in the balance! This time, despite the hard-coded 10
minute message, the progress bar actually only asks for 5 minutes.

This is exciting. It's like going to the horse races, but instead of
betting 2 dollars, I'm betting my life!

Five minutes are up!! "There are currently no COVID-19 vaccine
appointments available. Please check back later. We appreciate your
patience as we open as many appointments as possible. Thank you."

I'm tearing up my betting tickets right now, lying down, and preparing
to be attacked by corona. If I awake tomorrow, maybe I'll try again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

website, where it said:
[...]

Yeah but. You're not going to be exposed while you're trying to sign up
for the vaccine. That works as good as a shot and no pain.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 04:39:30 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

om...
wrote:

[...]

The last time I looked most of our Covid deaths were old sick people
too but the stray 30 year old is the one that makes the news. I don't
know. Is Quebec a generally older population than Ontario? I really
don't know. I have been to Ontario in different areas a couple of
times but I wasn't looking for old people. The kinds of outdoor things
we do tends to draw people younger than us.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 16 Feb 2021 18:14:15 -0800 (PST), Dean
Hoffman wrote:

This is exciting. It's like going to the horse races, but instead of
betting 2 dollars, I'm betting my life!

Five minutes are up!! "There are currently no COVID-19 vaccine
appointments available. Please check back later. We appreciate your
patience as we open as many appointments as possible. Thank you."

I'm tearing up my betting tickets right now, lying down, and preparing
to be attacked by corona. If I awake tomorrow, maybe I'll try again.

Yeah but. You're not going to be exposed while you're trying to sign up
for the vaccine. That works as good as a shot and no pain.

You're right. and no pain.

Since I couldn't get signed up here, I'm only signed up at 2 places**.
I have some naive idea that that it will only save me a week or two to
sign up at more places, and I'm ready to wait until September or October
beforee I get impatient.

I still have to clean my house and that could easily take 2 years.

**With one site, I just gave my street name instead of my zipcode. Most
webpages figure out my zipcode from the street name, but this page
posted a map centered around Frederick Md. an hour west of me. It had a
Walgreens, a CVS, and a RiteAid. I'll try RiteAid tomorrow. I don't
know if I have to go to a place in my county or not. Frederick County
is more rural, which means more pro-Trump, which might mean they aren't
getting vaccinated as much and maybe they have room for me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Wed, 17 Feb 2021 06:21:43 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news:fjnn2g1gtioq564jq0bktpq0iv4an1ipe5@4ax. com...
wrote:

[...]

Nope.

I really don't know.

As always.

I have been to Ontario in different areas a couple
of times but I wasn't looking for old people.

Stupid way to work that out. Try
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/...0/t583-eng.htm
Again, the two provinces are adjacent in the table.

The kinds of outdoor things we do tends to draw people younger than us.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hoffman wrote:

[...]

I thought Biden had a plan to distribute the vaccine?