Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fireplace won't start

I have a fireplace that was working and then I felt like I wasn,t getting enough heat out of it so I tried an axial fan to push some heat out . it worked for a little while then it blew out the fire completely, now it won't ignite, HELP!!!!!
this model has a battery back up I think, and instructions say not to try to light the pilot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/19/21 10:13 PM, bonez cooker wrote:
I have a fireplace that was working and then I felt like I wasn,t getting enough heat out of it so I tried an axial fan to push some heat out . it worked for a little while then it blew out the fire completely, now it won't ignite, HELP!!!!!
this model has a battery back up I think, and instructions say not to try to light the pilot.

There is usually a battery in the remote control and a battery in fireplace itself.

When was the last time you changed them both?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 10:13:15 PM UTC-5, bonez cooker wrote:
I have a fireplace that was working and then I felt like I wasn,t getting enough heat out of it so I tried an axial fan to push some heat out . it worked for a little while then it blew out the fire completely, now it won't ignite, HELP!!!!!
this model has a battery back up I think, and instructions say not to try to light the pilot.

What is an axial fan to push out heat where it can blow the fire out? One
would think a fan to supply heat would be on the other side of a heat
exchanger, not were it can affect the fire. And if you're not supposed to try
to light the pilot, what kind of ignition system does it have?