Posted to alt.home.repair

Default new gas fireplace won't start-up

I bought a new stand alone vent free gas stove. I can get the pilot to light but when I turn the dial to number 1 the pilot stays on but it does not start if I turn to number 2 setting the pilot turns off and nothing happens? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/23/17 7:41 AM, chilly1111111 wrote:
I bought a new stand alone vent free gas stove. I can get the pilot
to light but when I turn the dial to number 1 the pilot stays on but
it does not start if I turn to number 2 setting the pilot turns off
and nothing happens? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

The more knowledgeable people here will want more information.
Make and model number will be their first questions.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/23/2017 8:41 AM, chilly1111111 wrote:
I bought a new stand alone vent free gas stove. I can get the pilot to light but when I turn the dial to number 1 the pilot stays on but it does not start if I turn to number 2 setting the pilot turns off and nothing happens? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

You bought it new? Warranty? Instructions from the dealer?
Troubleshooting guide in the manual?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/23/17 8:41 AM, chilly1111111 wrote:
I bought a new stand alone vent free gas stove. I can get the pilot to light but when I turn the dial to number 1 the pilot stays on but it does not start if I turn to number 2 setting the pilot turns off and nothing happens? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

If I recall correctly, that model needs to be turned to number 3.

--
Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid.
- John Wayne
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 9:05:17 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/23/2017 8:41 AM, chilly1111111 wrote:
I bought a new stand alone vent free gas stove. I can get the pilot to light but when I turn the dial to number 1 the pilot stays on but it does not start if I turn to number 2 setting the pilot turns off and nothing happens? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

You bought it new? Warranty? Instructions from the dealer?
Troubleshooting guide in the manual?

TEch support phone number?