Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to make double edged razor blades

How to make double edged razor blades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9PnTPIKd3g

Watch carefully so you can do it at home.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/2/2021 3:27 AM, micky wrote:
How to make double edged razor blades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9PnTPIKd3g

Watch carefully so you can do it at home.

Quite a few steps in the tempering process.

I don't remember the last time I used a blade like that. Both Schick
and Gillette started making the triple blades. Couple of years ago my
son got me to try Defender razor and I liked that. Recently my daughter
gave me some travel kit items and a Harry's razor. Once stroke on my
cheek and now that is my razor of choice. Smooth easy stoke and clean
shave.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 1 Jan 2021 23:33:53 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 1/2/2021 3:27 AM, micky wrote:
How to make double edged razor blades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9PnTPIKd3g

Watch carefully so you can do it at home.

Quite a few steps in the tempering process.

I don't remember the last time I used a blade like that. Both Schick
and Gillette started making the triple blades. Couple of years ago my

I've found when the two blades are facing the same direction, I don't
cut myself but I can't get a smooth shave either.

I suspect 3 blades would have the problem even more.

So I used double edged blades like in the video. And the lighter the
razor is the better it is. All plastic. The best ones I had I bougth
at a surplus store in NYC. I think hotels would provide them for
guests, but the blades could be changed.

Now I would buy the ones that surgeon's nurses use and throw away, but I
stopped shaving altogether.

son got me to try Defender razor and I liked that. Recently my daughter
gave me some travel kit items and a Harry's razor. Once stroke on my
cheek and now that is my razor of choice. Smooth easy stoke and clean
shave.

That's great that your daughter can figure out what you'll like.

Why do razor blades get dull so fast? [email protected] Metalworking 82 September 10th 13 04:40 AM
Razor blades D.M. Procida UK diy 15 August 8th 12 07:38 PM
Grit Edged Jigsaw Blades The Medway Handyman UK diy 14 May 11th 07 12:45 AM
Razor blades - extortion or what? mike UK diy 51 February 18th 07 09:34 PM
Insulation and razor blades Larry Bud Home Repair 2 January 20th 06 04:57 AM