Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Laundry question

Any of you use Oxy clean in the laundry? Most of the time I just use
liquid detergent, a bit of softener and with whites, chlorine bleach.

The reason I ask, I have a lot of socks to wash. That old wives tale,
take care of your socks and your socks will take care of you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-11-22 20:11, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Any of you use Oxy clean in the laundry?Â* Most of the time I just use
liquid detergent, a bit of softener and with whites, chlorine bleach.

The reason I ask, I have a lot of socks to wash.Â* That old wives tale,
take care of your socks and your socks will take care of you.

Hi Ed,

We can not use Oxi Clean because it now comes with
detergents and toxic chemicals (perfumes).

Buttttttttt, Oki Clean is Sodium Percarbonate and Soda Ash.
When Sodium Percorbonate does it things, it turn to soda
ash, so it is used a a buffer in Oki Clean and as a way
to cheapen the product.

We just buy straight Sodium Percarbonate from Amazon.
It works really well -- a lot better than Oki Clean.
Cheaper too. And no toxic addatives. Don't go
overboard, or you will get holes in your socks (but
is takes a lot to do that).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010CEGXCM

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-11-22 20:11, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Any of you use Oxy clean in the laundry?Â* Most of the time I just use
liquid detergent, a bit of softener and with whites, chlorine bleach.

The reason I ask, I have a lot of socks to wash.Â* That old wives tale,
take care of your socks and your socks will take care of you.

Hi Ed,

We can not use Oxi Clean because it now comes with
detergents and toxic chemicals (perfumes).

Buttttttttt, Oki Clean is Sodium Percarbonate and Soda Ash.
When Sodium Percorbonate does it things, it turn to soda
ash, so it is used a a buffer in Oki Clean and as a way
to cheapen the product.

We just buy straight Sodium Percarbonate from Amazon.
It works really well -- a lot better than Oki Clean.
Cheaper too.Â* And no toxic addatives.Â* Don't go
overboard, or you will get holes in your socks (but
is takes a lot to do that).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010CEGXCM

-T

Yes, I buy detergent free of perfumes. Your way seems better

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/2020 09:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Any of you use Oxy clean in the laundry? Most of the time I just use
liquid detergent, a bit of softener and with whites, chlorine bleach.

The reason I ask, I have a lot of socks to wash. That old wives tale,
take care of your socks and your socks will take care of you.

I throw in an OxyClean pod along with a Tide pod. Seems to work but I
don't set a very high bar for performance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 22 Nov 2020 23:11:19 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

Any of you use Oxy clean in the laundry? Most of the time I just use
liquid detergent, a bit of softener and with whites, chlorine bleach.

After years of using liquids, I bought oxyclean 2 or 3 washings ago,
because of recommendations here iirc. it's hard to judge if it does a
better job, but at least I'm not paying to ship so much water around the
country. It's certainly does not seem to be doing a worse job.

I presoak with it.

After my brother got back from the army, even though he was healthy, I
somehow inherited all his olive green underwear. I guess he didn't want
to wear it anymore and our mother gave it to me. It wore out but since
then I haven't worn white undewear and I stopped wearing all white dress
shirts about the same time, and stopped buying white bed sheets, and the
only time now that I wear white is when I'm haunting the big house where
my family once lived.

So the last time I used bleach was to kill those strange things growing
on my picket fence, and to kill the mold growing at the foot of one
wall. It didn't seem to work on the wall but that was when I thought it
would also change the color back to white. Apparently it did work but
you have to paint again.

I have some color-safe bleach that I misguidely used to get dirty
clothes clean, or maybe correctly used when I thought still dirty
clothes had needed bleaching instead of better dirt removal. That's
when I swiched to pre-soaking** and that has been very successful I
tried to use a different detergent from what I used to wash with on the
possibility that the ingredients were a little different and I'd get the
benefit of both. Nowhere near enough data to know if that worked.

**I've also used pre-spotting, I guess it's called, and that thick wax
stick one can slide across the neckline. I guess that all works. Without
writing down what was dirty I won't remember, and I dont' check in
detail after washig anyhow. There is one product with two bottles side
by side, supposedly two separate chemicals, meant to be applied at the
same time. If they're not lying, it's probably a good thing, and I
bought and used it but didnt' keep track.

Frankly, I didn't believe the commercieals 20 years ago that laundry
detergents had gotten better. I thought it was just advertising, until
I read news stories that factory workers were getting sick from the
enzymes iirc. I never reed about that anymore, I presume becaue they
wear masks now, but I am convinced that the products are better than in
the past.

I stopped wearing undershirts about 30 years ago when my brother's last
green one wore out, and stopped wearing long sleeved shirts maybe when I
moved to Baltimore from NY. Maybe if I were going to a winter football
game I'd make an exception.

The reason I ask, I have a lot of socks to wash. That old wives tale,
take care of your socks and your socks will take care of you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-11-22 20:36, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 11/22/2020 11:27 PM, T wrote:
On 2020-11-22 20:11, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

Â*Yes, I buy detergent free of perfumes.Â* Your way seems better

Thank you for that. Those with asthma suffer
dearly from the perfumes others use in their laundry
products, including the toxic exhaust coming out
their dryers vents, making the air around the
neighborhood a toxic nightmare.

If you buy the un-concentrated powders, they plump
it up with sawdust. Crap gets all over your cloths.

We prefer the Seventh Genertion Free and Clear
liquid concentrate.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 23 Nov 2020 00:46:24 -0500, micky
wrote:

After years of using liquids, I bought oxyclean 2 or 3 washings ago,
because of recommendations here iirc. it's hard to judge if it does a
better job, but at least I'm not paying to ship so much water around the
country. It's certainly does not seem to be doing a worse job.

I presoak with it.

That is, I wash and I also pre-soak with it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowwoman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 21:48:02 -0700, lowbrowwoman, the endlessly driveling,

The reason I ask, I have a lot of socks to wash. That old wives tale,
take care of your socks and your socks will take care of you.

I throw in an OxyClean pod along with a Tide pod. Seems to work but I
don't set a very high bar for performance.

A typical gossiping washerwoman like you should, though! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 11/22/2020 11:27 PM, T wrote:
On 2020-11-22 20:11, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I dislike perfumes as well. However, "T"'s claim that they're
toxic is bull****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 23:11:19 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Hehhehheh...

The always infantile Ed Pawlowski comes up with a new "plan" to thwart
the basic premise that Ed Pawloski and his very many socks have _never_
posted an on topic thread to a.h.r that delivered any technical value.

In the entire history of Usenet, let alone in the past three months.

Adults will notice the simplicity & naivety of the question, which, perhaps,
Ed simply made up for this purpose (where any dumb question will suffice),
and yet, what Ed Pawlowski can't hide so easily are his own header match.

Normally, if this simple question wasn't from Ed Pawlowski, a known rampant
incessant troll of this a.h.r newsgroup, I might give it the benefit of the doubt.

But just _look_ at Ed's headers to compare to all his other troll socks!

Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: Ed Pawlowski
Subject: Laundry question
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 23:11:19 -0500

Compare those headers to, oh, say these infantile threads:
o Bye, bye Sidney Powel
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/pyIOrcRWjWs
o Respecting women
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/X_xEJRhsiuo
o Another demoRAT governor selected for you by Dominion?
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.home.repair/c/lYGc_UkdAc4
--
These are just some of the rampant Ed Pawlowski always off topic infantile socks:

o From: "
o From: "Colonel Edmund J. Burke" lbone@go usarmy.com
o From: "Gimme that ol time ACF."
o From: "STD.COM ish jew kike paedophile BARRY Z. SHEIN 700 Washington St B'righton Mass"
o From: "Tekkie©"
o From: Anonymous
o From:
o From:

o From: Bill
o From: Bob
o From: Bucky Breeder
o From: Carlos Peraza
o From: Char Jackson
o From: Charlie+
o From: chrisv
o From: Cleanup in Isle 3
o From: Dan
o From: Ed Pawlowski
o From: Gary Dingle
o From: gray_wolf
o From: Greg Carr
o From: Grumpy Old White Guy
o From:

o From:

o From: Jeff Hickling "1st
o From: Jenny Telia
o From: Jim H
o From: Jim Joyce
o From: Jim S
o From: Jimmy Kauffenhak
o From:

o From: Joe Beijing
o From: Joe Bidet
o From: Joel
o From: Jonesy
o From: Knut Sveinssen kss@arbitrage.
o From: Mark
o From: Mark Lloyd
o From: Monty
o From: nilsson
o From: Pabst Blue Ribbon
o From: Ralph Fox
o From: Ralph Mowery
o From: Raven
o From: Robert Marshall
o From: Scott Lurndal
o From: Shadow
o From: The Horny Goat
o From: The Sidhe
o From:

o From: vallor
o From: Voltarin
o From: Yrrah

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 15:34:51 GMT, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Given Ed Pawlowski's known propensity to spam his own threads with
infantile responses from his many socks, I simply _looked_ at this thread
to see EXACTLY what I've seen in the other Ed Pawloski spams of this ng.

Just _compare_ the headers of this "Scott Lurndal" sock of Ed's
o To Ed Pawlowski's own headers to see what I am pointing out for you

Sender: (Scott Lurndal)
From: Scott Lurndal
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-11-22 20:11, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Any of you use Oxy clean in the laundry?ÂÂ* Most of the time I just use
liquid detergent, a bit of softener and with whites, chlorine bleach.

The reason I ask, I have a lot of socks to wash.ÂÂ* That old wives tale,
take care of your socks and your socks will take care of you.

Hi Ed,

We can not use Oxi Clean because it now comes with
detergents and toxic chemicals (perfumes).

Buttttttttt, Oki Clean is Sodium Percarbonate and Soda Ash.
When Sodium Percorbonate does it things, it turn to soda
ash, so it is used a a buffer in Oki Clean and as a way
to cheapen the product.

We just buy straight Sodium Percarbonate from Amazon.
It works really well -- a lot better than Oki Clean.
Cheaper too.ÂÂ* And no toxic addatives.ÂÂ* Don't go
overboard, or you will get holes in your socks (but
is takes a lot to do that).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010CEGXCM

-T

Yes, I buy detergent free of perfumes. Your way seems better

I dislike perfumes as well. However, "T"'s claim that they're
toxic is bull****.

Scott,

Ever get to see anyone you love lips turn blue
gasping in terror trying to breath?

Here is your bull****:

Acute toxic effects of fragrance products
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9577937/

The emissions of these fragrance products caused
various combinations of sensory irritation, pulmonary
irritation, decreases in expiratory airflow velocity,
as well as alterations of the functional observational
battery indicative of neurotoxicity. Neurotoxicity
was more severe after mice were repeatedly exposed
to the fragrance products. Evaluation of one of the
test atmospheres with gas chromatography/mass spectrometry
revealed the presence of chemicals for which irritant
and neurotoxic properties had been documented previously.

And there are bazillions of other studies as well:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=perfume+toxicity

If you give a slight damn about your neighbors,
please consider using unscented products. We are
all forced to breath the pollution you put in the air.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/20 8:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Any of you use Oxy clean in the laundry?Â* Most of the time I just use
liquid detergent, a bit of softener and with whites, chlorine bleach.

The reason I ask, I have a lot of socks to wash.Â* That old wives tale,
take care of your socks and your socks will take care of you.

are you worried that someone will see your socks?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-11-23 15:00, ZZyXX wrote:
On 11/22/20 8:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Any of you use Oxy clean in the laundry?Â* Most of the time I just use
liquid detergent, a bit of softener and with whites, chlorine bleach.

The reason I ask, I have a lot of socks to wash.Â* That old wives tale,
take care of your socks and your socks will take care of you.

are you worried that someone will see your socks?

What will people say if he gets into an accident! Well,
that is "sort of" what my mother use to say.

:'(

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 16:38:21 -0800, T wrote:

What will people say if he gets into an accident! Well,
that is "sort of" what my mother use to say.

Hi "T",

Can you possibly _not_ post to these obviously off topic infantile threads?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2020-11-23 16:55, Arlen Holder wrote:
On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 16:38:21 -0800, T wrote:

What will people say if he gets into an accident! Well,
that is "sort of" what my mother use to say.

Hi "T",

Can you possibly _not_ post to these obviously off topic infantile threads?

General conversation between eFriends is not
off topic.

Maybe your efforts would be best served over on:

alt.politics.scorched-earth

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 17:24:30 -0800, T wrote:

efforts would be best served over on

Hi "T",

Again, I need to repeat the rather adult point that this is about you.
o Yes you.

You, "T".
o Not me.

Not any one of the scores of nyms of the poster I've randomly chosen to
call "Ed Pawlowski" (that was just one of many I could have chosen).
o There is no "Ed Pawlowski" anyway; it's just one of scores of spammers.

But there _is_ one of you (I think).
o How _you_ respond, moving forward, tells us _everything_ about _you_ "T".

1. Will you continue to prove to be an utter moron?
2. Or will you actually prove to be an adult?

Your choice.
o I will simply point to _exactly_ what you write.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 13:39:13 -0800, T wrote:

If you give a slight damn about your neighbors,
please consider using unscented products. We are
all forced to breath the pollution you put in the air.

You can't be bothered to wear a mask to slow the spread of Covid-19, but
perhaps you can force yourself to wear a mask to filter out what you call
scent-based pollution. If you give a slight damn about your neighbors, of
course.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 23 Nov 2020 22:14:43 -0600, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 13:39:13 -0800, T wrote:

If you give a slight damn about your neighbors,
please consider using unscented products. We are
all forced to breath the pollution you put in the air.

You can't be bothered to wear a mask to slow the spread of Covid-19, but
perhaps you can force yourself to wear a mask to filter out what you call
scent-based pollution. If you give a slight damn about your neighbors, of
course.

You have to ask yourself, Which is worse, those damn smells or the
chance of death.

I say, everyone dies sometimes, but we could live our whole lives
without smelling those damn scented products. So that's what we should
concentrate on. No scented products. Don't worry about Corona,
right, T?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 13:39:13 -0800, T wrote:

If you give a slight damn about your neighbors,
please consider using unscented products. We are
all forced to breath the pollution you put in the air.

You can't be bothered to wear a mask to slow the spread of Covid-19, but
perhaps you can force yourself to wear a mask to filter out what you call
scent-based pollution. If you give a slight damn about your neighbors, of
course.

You have to ask yourself, Which is worse, those damn smells or the
chance of death.

I say, everyone dies sometimes, but we could live our whole lives
without smelling those damn scented products. So that's what we should
concentrate on. No scented products. Don't worry about Corona,
right, T?

Hi Micky,

What the hell are you talking about. Scented products put
lots of people in the ER every year and kill a bunch too.

How would you like to not be able to go into a grocery
store because every time you try, you gasp in terror not
being able to breath?

And how in God name did you come up with me not being
concerned over the commie flu?

If you are so concerned about the commie flu, why would
you purposefully expose someone, who may have the commie
flu which causes respiratory problems, to a toxic
chemical(s) that also cause respiratory issues (as well as
other things) that might tip them over into something
extremely serious or perhaps kill them?

How about we ban these toxic chemicals until after
the commie flu goes away? It would probably work
better than those idiotic N-Zero masks that you
champion that no researcher can find any helpful
effect.

And then forget to remove the ban to assist
the just under 20% of the population with
respiratory problems.

And don't quote me your f***ing axioms. Quote
me actual scientific research. Trofim Lysenko
may be your hero, he is definitely not mine.

-T