Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Laundry question

On 2020-11-22 20:11, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Any of you use Oxy clean in the laundry?Â* Most of the time I just use
liquid detergent, a bit of softener and with whites, chlorine bleach.

The reason I ask, I have a lot of socks to wash.Â* That old wives tale,
take care of your socks and your socks will take care of you.

Hi Ed,

We can not use Oxi Clean because it now comes with
detergents and toxic chemicals (perfumes).

Buttttttttt, Oki Clean is Sodium Percarbonate and Soda Ash.
When Sodium Percorbonate does it things, it turn to soda
ash, so it is used a a buffer in Oki Clean and as a way
to cheapen the product.

We just buy straight Sodium Percarbonate from Amazon.
It works really well -- a lot better than Oki Clean.
Cheaper too. And no toxic addatives. Don't go
overboard, or you will get holes in your socks (but
is takes a lot to do that).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010CEGXCM

-T