Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Pandemic Over by July?

On 10/14/2020 10:38 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
Frank pretended :
On 10/14/2020 9:39 AM, Hawk wrote:
On 10/14/2020 6:28 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 5:26:56 PM UTC-4, Hawk wrote:
On 10/13/2020 11:46 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
*From the New York Times:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/health/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-optimism.html

I couldn't access the article with Firefox but I was able to using
Safari.
Depends how long the Dmeocraps will continue to fudge the numbers
insinuating the deaths are higher and all caused by covid instead of
heart disease, cancer or another 'actual" death.

Let's look at excess deaths in 2020:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2771761

Although I don't think you're really capable of changing your beliefs.

Cindy Hamilton

Not when I know several people who have had deaths in the family this
year from other issues but the death certificate ruled as covid. But
you keep drinking the koolaid and believe what they tell you even
when the Health director stated publicly earlier this year that's
what they do.

A funny going around is that a cardboard cutout at a baseball game was
hit by a fly ball and rushed to the hospital where it died of covid.

https://www.thecut.com/2020/09/no-th...19-deaths.html

You're also drinking too much koolaid. Glad I don't touch the stuff.

https://week.com/2020/04/20/idph-dir...re-classified/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ms/5681686002/

https://www.freedomfoundation.com/wa...vid-19-deaths/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hawk laid this down on his screen :
On 10/14/2020 6:28 AM, wrote:
[...]

Doesn't agree with your conclusion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ms/5681686002/

You might want to actually read this one.

https://www.freedomfoundation.com/wa...vid-19-deaths/

https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/new...death-numbers/

But your conclusion does not fit the facts.

Have someone read this to you.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coro...eaths/2270810/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/14/2020 6:28 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 5:26:56 PM UTC-4, Hawk wrote:
On 10/13/2020 11:46 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*From the New York Times:
[...]

Yeah, that's a good one, because it says the opposite of what Hawk is claiming.
It says that people like him and Trump don't understand co-morbidity, so when
the CDC said the majority of Covid deaths have a co-morbidity listed, that
means they didn't die from Covid. You could have heart disease or diabetes
and live 15 or 20 years. You get infected with Covid, succumb to it and they
list Covid and diabetes on the death certificate. Covid still directly lead
to your death.

And still waiting for him to explain the 35% increase in total deaths in the
US cited in the JAMA article. If Covid didn't cause this extraordinary rise,
then what did? I guess those videos and reports of many hospitals running
out of beds, trailers in the street with bodies, were just faked too.

This is kind of like the voter fraud thing. Trump and the Trumpets take some
cases of something in a country of 320 mil and turn it into the false claim
that it's widespread, very significant, a huge problem. In the case of
elections, Trump has put forth the image to the world that the US has rigged
elections and is no better than Russia or some other third world dictatorship.
With Covid, they take the fact that in some small number of cases deaths
from a gunshot were counted as a Covid death and use that to try to deny
the 215K number. Even if the number was inflated by 10%, so what? It
doesn't change the big picture. Would 195K dead be materially different
than 215K?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020 06:22:36 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Yeah, that's a good one, because it says the opposite of what Hawk is claiming.
It says that people like him and Trump don't understand co-morbidity, so when
the CDC said the majority of Covid deaths have a co-morbidity listed, that
means they didn't die from Covid. You could have heart disease or diabetes
and live 15 or 20 years. You get infected with Covid, succumb to it and they
list Covid and diabetes on the death certificate. Covid still directly lead
to your death.

Since the highest demographic for covid death is 80+ and a large
percentage were in nursing homes, no they were not going to live 15 or
20 more years. Nursing home statics make that more like 15 or 20 more
weeks if nothing else happened to them including Covid. A bad cold
might push them over the edge.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Yeah, that's a good one, because it says the opposite of what Hawk is
claiming.
It says that people like him and Trump don't understand co-morbidity, so
when
the CDC said the majority of Covid deaths have a co-morbidity listed, that
means they didn't die from Covid. You could have heart disease or
diabetes
and live 15 or 20 years. You get infected with Covid, succumb to it and
they
list Covid and diabetes on the death certificate. Covid still directly
lead
to your death.

Since the highest demographic for covid death is 80+ and a large
percentage were in nursing homes, no they were not going to live 15 or
20 more years.

More of your flagrantly dishonest numbers.

Nursing home statics make that more like 15 or 20 more
weeks if nothing else happened to them including Covid.

Another bare faced lie.

A bad cold might push them over the edge.

Another bare faced lie.

The bulk of the 250K the virus has killed in the USA
arent over 80 with weeks to live.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 06:27:23 +1100, "%%" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

**** you, Look it up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 06:27:23 +1100, "%%" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Don't need to, the bulk of those who this virus
has killed arent over 80 with just weeks to live.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Yeah, that's a good one, because it says the opposite of what Hawk is claiming.
It says that people like him and Trump don't understand co-morbidity, so when
the CDC said the majority of Covid deaths have a co-morbidity listed, that
means they didn't die from Covid. You could have heart disease or diabetes
and live 15 or 20 years. You get infected with Covid, succumb to it and they
list Covid and diabetes on the death certificate. Covid still directly lead
to your death.

Since the highest demographic for covid death is 80+ and a large
percentage were in nursing homes, no they were not going to live 15 or
20 more years. Nursing home statics make that more like 15 or 20 more
weeks if nothing else happened to them including Covid. A bad cold
might push them over the edge.

Less than half of Covid deaths are over 80 and only a small fraction of those
are in nursing homes. Further, a key driving factor in those deaths is
that they were living in group quarters that makes disease transmission
easy.

Why is it that China has only 4500 deaths? No aged population there?
No nursing homes? what's different is that they had leadership with
a plan that took Covid seriously. We have a feckless orange clown who
lies and denies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You cannot be serious in that you believe what the Communist Chinese
tell you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Yeah, that's a good one, because it says the opposite of what Hawk is
claiming.
It says that people like him and Trump don't understand
co-morbidity, so
when
the CDC said the majority of Covid deaths have a co-morbidity
listed, that
means they didn't die from Covid.Â* You could have heart disease or
diabetes
and live 15 or 20 years.Â* You get infected with Covid, succumb to
it and
they
list Covid and diabetes on the death certificate.Â* Covid still
directly
lead
to your death.

Since the highest demographic for covid death is 80+ and a large
percentage were in nursing homes, no they were not going to live 15 or
20 more years.

More of your flagrantly dishonest numbers.

Nursing home statics make that more like 15 or 20 more
weeks if nothing else happened to them including Covid.

Another bare faced lie.

A bad cold might push them over the edge.

Another bare faced lie.

The bulk of the 250K the virus has killed in the USA
arent over 80 with weeks to live.

**** you, Look it up.

Don't need to, the bulk of those who this virus
has killed arent over 80 with just weeks to live.

Make it 65 and you see the bulk that have died are there.
I have seen many over the age of 65 that were on the edge of dying.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

An interesting fact for us all:

The body starts to seriously lose grip of its DNA after 55 years, and
that increases the risk of cancer and other diseases. Our bodies are
born to die, and the decay starts to kick in after we have turned 55.11
May 2012

We lose control of our DNA at age 55 - ScienceNordicsciencenordic.com ۼ
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The life expectancy of someone 65 is about 19 years. It's perfectly fine
with you though if they die of Covid though, no big deal. That's acceptable,
that's something we should not be doing everything we can to prevent,
which would include wearing masks, social distancing, a national testing
and contact tracing plan? How about if it's you? I never would have
believed that so many Republicans could be so cold, so heartless,
so damn stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I almost checked out before 60 with a pulmonary embolism that had to be
surgically removed. Took a couple of months to get surgery scheduled
and I kept away from anyone that looked sick. Covid would have done me
in then.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Â*
An interesting fact for us all:

The body starts to seriously lose grip of its DNA after 55 years, and
that increases the risk of cancer and other diseases. Our bodies are
born to die, and the decay starts to kick in after we have turned
55.11 May 2012

We lose control of our DNA at age 55 - ScienceNordicsciencenordic.com ۼ

I almost checked out before 60 with a pulmonary embolism that had to be
surgically removed.Â* Took a couple of months to get surgery scheduled
and I kept away from anyone that looked sick.Â* Covid would have done me
in then.

Hope you're ok now?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/16/2020 8:03 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Less than half of Covid deaths are over 80 and only a small fraction of those
are in nursing homes. Further, a key driving factor in those deaths is
that they were living in group quarters that makes disease transmission
easy.

Why is it that China has only 4500 deaths? No aged population there?
No nursing homes? what's different is that they had leadership with
a plan that took Covid seriously. We have a feckless orange clown who
lies and denies.

I personally am not worried. Just yesterday I heard someone claiming
the virus will be gone right after election day. Seems he was an
authority on this stuff since he had a red neck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Why not? You believe all the obvious lies that Trump tells every day.
His lies have been well documented. Show us your sources that say China
is lying about their plan to test 9 million people in Qingdao over 5 days.
They have done similar in the past. China isn't a closed country like North Korea. There is a huge flow of people, business, information in and out.

Here we have a lying shyster for a leader who
simply says that kind of thing is not possible, who refuses to do what's required. Why Frank? We put a man on the moon, we did a huge moibilization
to win WWII, but we can't ramp up testing so that we can have free testing
on a large scale with fast results, which is what's required for effective
contact tracing and control? The only obstacle is TRUMP and people are dying.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I've always thought that was their platform.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Exactly!

But you are still alive.

Everyone is a similar position should have that option.

Including those 217,000.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The largest obstacle is people that believe or condone trumps lies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Dont have to believe them, we can see that Wuhan
has returned to normal and some of us have relos there.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

But those dont have just weeks to live if they hadn't got the virus.

I have seen many over the age of 65 that were on the edge of dying.

But that is a tiny subset of those over 65

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

This is nothing like a fact.

The body starts to seriously lose grip of its DNA after 55 years,

BULL****.

and that increases the risk of cancer and other diseases. Our bodies are
born to die, and the decay starts to kick in after we have turned 55.11
May 2012

BULL****.

We lose control of our DNA at age 55 - ScienceNordicsciencenordic.com ۼ

BULL****

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob F writes:
On 10/16/2020 6:51 AM, Frank wrote:

I almost checked out before 60 with a pulmonary embolism that had to be
surgically removed.Â* Took a couple of months to get surgery scheduled
and I kept away from anyone that looked sick.Â* Covid would have done me
in then.

Exactly!

But you are still alive.

Everyone is a similar position should have that option.

Including those 217,000.

Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of survivers that
will have long-lasting and often unpleasant side effects
from the infection.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

be surgically removed.Â* Took a couple of months to get surgery
scheduled and I kept away from anyone that looked sick.Â* Covid would
have done me in then.

Hope you're ok now?

That problem is over but others always arise. Like they say, old age is
not for sissies.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That problem is over but others always arise.Â* Like they say, old age is
not for sissies.

Agreed :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/14/2020 6:28 AM, wrote:
[...]

spam for kool-aid removed

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...deaths-us.html

The numbers are higher. Much higher.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Yeah, that's a good one, because it says the opposite of what Hawk is claiming.
It says that people like him and Trump don't understand co-morbidity, so when
the CDC said the majority of Covid deaths have a co-morbidity listed, that
means they didn't die from Covid. You could have heart disease or diabetes
and live 15 or 20 years. You get infected with Covid, succumb to it and they
list Covid and diabetes on the death certificate. Covid still directly lead
to your death.

Since the highest demographic for covid death is 80+ and a large
percentage were in nursing homes, no they were not going to live 15 or
20 more years. Nursing home statics make that more like 15 or 20 more
weeks if nothing else happened to them including Covid. A bad cold
might push them over the edge.

Less than half of Covid deaths are over 80

Look at them per capita and get back to me.

and only a small fraction of those
are in nursing homes. Further, a key driving factor in those deaths is
that they were living in group quarters that makes disease transmission
easy.

You just contradicted yourself in the same sentence. Those "group
quarters" are nursing homes or similar facilities.

Why is it that China has only 4500 deaths? No aged population there?
No nursing homes? what's different is that they had leadership with
a plan that took Covid seriously. We have a feckless orange clown who
lies and denies.

China enforces their quarantines at the point of a gun. There is also
more than a little skepticism in the truth of their totals.
I will grant you, an autocratic regime can restrict the spread of just
about anything. Disease, liberty, truth, just about anything.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Why don't you find whatever the data is that you're trying to claim?
That would work much better.

and only a small fraction of those
are in nursing homes. Further, a key driving factor in those deaths is
that they were living in group quarters that makes disease transmission
easy.

You just contradicted yourself in the same sentence. Those "group
quarters" are nursing homes or similar facilities.

No, you're just confused again. I know nursing homes are group quarters,
that was precisely my point.

Why is it that China has only 4500 deaths? No aged population there?
No nursing homes? what's different is that they had leadership with
a plan that took Covid seriously. We have a feckless orange clown who
lies and denies.

China enforces their quarantines at the point of a gun. There is also
more than a little skepticism in the truth of their totals.
I will grant you, an autocratic regime can restrict the spread of just
about anything. Disease, liberty, truth, just about anything.

And we have an evil, ignorant clown who refuses to take the simple measures
that save lives. Like wearing masks, social distancing, massive testing
and contact tracing. Instead he holds death rallies and he and his minions,
like you, have a defeatist attitude. The country that put man on the moon
and mobilized to win WWII, can't even mobilize to do testing. China can.
They have a new hotspot in Qingdao and the plan is to test 9 mil people in
5 days. And the world has taken notice. Even China is shocked at how the
mighty US has fallen down under Trump and can't get back up. Imagine if
Truman presented with the Berlin crisis had the approach of Trump. Or
Roosevelt faced with Pearl Harbor. Or Kennedy with the Cuban Missile Crisis.
No can do, let's just give up. In the early days of Covid Trump claimed
he was now a war time president. Some president, he quickly surrendered and took to lying instead of acting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-by-age-group/

Highest number of deaths in the lowest number of people
..
But as usual the thread drifted
If you are 85 and have health conditions (why people go to assisted
living/nursing homes in the first place) any kind of nasty bug is
going to kill you. This is the flu on steroids. Old people or really
anyone in poor health, may die if they get this.

Build a bubble around them and let r rip.

We need to build some level of immunity. That is particularly true in
young healthy people because they are least likely to be serious about
not giving it to anyone else. If they are immune, they won't be super
spreaders.

I think when I said "this bug isn't going anywhere and it is coming
after us as soon as we get out from under the bed", I am vindicated.
The bug started grabbing us again as soon as we started opening up.

I suppose we could go through another 6 months of this depression
until the vaccine is properly evaluated by the people we trust to do
that. Then you have to trick people into getting it. Half won't get a
flu shot. Distribution is not an issue if you don't let the government
do it. Just have the vaccines delivered to the big drug store
distribution centers and they can do the rest. Publix pays me to get a
flu shot so there has to be something in it for them..

We are still hoping it works tho.

If this is like the Corona Virus in the common cold, we know it can
mutate faster than we can make vaccine.
I am still waiting for a real answer about reinfection. So far it
seems to just be a collection of anecdotes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Of course you are not talking about the governor of New Jersey and what
a great job he did.

Posted to alt.home.repair

.
[...]

The US case seems very well documented.

"One reason there may not be more documented cases of reinfection: It's
tough to prove, said Mark Pandori, a pathologist at the University of
Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, and senior author on the new study.

His team coordinated early in the pandemic with members of the Washoe
County Health District to look for repeat infections. They had the
benefit of sequencing equipment on campus, as well as microbiologists,
he said. And they got lucky finding someone who had been tested both
times he was infected and cleared in between.

Why his infection was worse the second time remains unclear, said
Pandori, director of the Nevada State Public Health Laboratory. "I can't
tell you if it tells us anything in particular about the biology of this
virus."

The man caught a slightly different version of the virus the second
time, according to a genetic analysis of the man's infections. It's
possible the second version was more dangerous, though there is no
evidence of that, or that it was just different enough that his body
didn't recognize it, the paper said.

Iwasaki said the study raises questions about how long immunity lasts
after a natural infection. Protection with a vaccine is likely to be
quite different, she said.

"Vaccines can be designed to induce much higher levels of antibody and
much longer-lasting immunity," she said. Just because the natural
infection doesn't give you protection doesn't mean the vaccines cannot.
It's a separate issue."

Offit, also a vaccine expert at the Perelman School of Medicine at the
University of Pennsylvania, said he expects protection from vaccines
will likely last at least a year or two.

The protection provided by infection or vaccination isn't 100% perfect
until the day it disappears completely, he said. Instead, protection
fades gradually, so someone exposed to a huge dose of the virus might
get reinfected within months, while others could be protected for years,
Offit said.

It's also possible the Nevada man has an undiagnosed problem with his
immune system. "He probably should be seen by an immunologist," Offit said.

The length of time an infection will be protective remains one of the
key open questions about the virus.

Infected twice, two months apart

The Nevada man, considered an essential worker, started feeling ill in
late March, with a sore throat, cough, headache, nausea and diarrhea.
His workplace had been hit with an outbreak early in the pandemic before
safety measures like masks could be put in place, said Heather Kerwin,
senior epidemiologist at the Washoe County Health District and a
co-author on the paper.

He went for testing on April 18 and his infection with the coronavirus
was confirmed.

On April 27, he reported his symptoms had all resolved and he felt fine,
but at the time, employees were required to test negative for the
coronavirus twice before they would be allowed back to work, Kerwin
said. So he remained isolated at home.

A month later, he began feeling poorly again. At the same time, there
was an outbreak where one of his parents, also an essential worker, was
employed, Kerwin said.

On May 31, he went to an urgent care center, reporting fever, headache,
dizziness, cough, nausea and diarrhea. On June 5, he went to see a
doctor who found his oxygen levels dangerously low and had him
hospitalized. Again, the man tested positive for the virus, even though
he still had antibodies to the virus in his bloodstream, Kerwin said.

Genetic differences between the viruses responsible for each of his
infections suggested he was infected two separate times. The virus
doesn't mutate quickly enough within a single person to explain the
differences between the two infections, the researchers found.

A parent living with the man also caught COVID-19 and was diagnosed on
June 5.

The paper reports it's possible the man was reinfected because he was
exposed to a higher dose of the virus the second time, perhaps from the
family member.

His cough lingered and he suffered from shortness of breath and mental
fog, and was on oxygen for six weeks after the second infection, Kerwin
said. He has now fully recovered.

Reinfections imply so-called herd immunity cannot be obtained just
through natural infection. If natural infection protects for only a few
months, then it will be impossible for enough people to be protected
simultaneously to reach herd immunity.

The moral of the case study, said co-author Pandori, is even people who
already have been sick with COVID-19 need to protect themselves by
wearing a mask, avoiding large gatherings, washing hands frequently and
maintaining social distance.

"You're not invulnerable to this," Pandori said. "In fact, you could get
it worse the second time."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...an/5965917002/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

are in nursing homes.Â* Further, a key driving factor in those deaths is
that they were living in group quarters that makes disease transmission
easy.

You just contradicted yourself in the same sentence. Those "group
quarters" are nursing homes or similar facilities.

No, you're just confused again.Â* I know nursing homes are group quarters,
that was precisely my point.

Why is it that China has only 4500 deaths?Â* No aged population there?
No nursing homes?Â*Â* what's different is that they had leadership with
a plan that took Covid seriously.Â* We have a feckless orange clown who
lies and denies.

China enforces their quarantines at the point of a gun. There is also
more than a little skepticism in the truth of their totals.
I will grant you, an autocratic regime can restrict the spread of just
about anything. Disease, liberty, truth, just about anything.

And we have an evil, ignorant clown who refuses to take the simple
measures
that save lives.Â* Like wearing masks, social distancing, massive testing
and contact tracing.Â* Instead he holds death rallies and he and his
minions,
like you, have a defeatist attitude.Â* The country that put man on the
moon
and mobilized to win WWII, can't even mobilize to do testing.Â* China can.
They have a new hotspot in Qingdao and the plan is to test 9 mil
people in
5 days. And the world has taken notice.Â* Even China is shocked at how the
mighty US has fallen down under Trump and can't get back up. Imagine if
Truman presented with the Berlin crisis had the approach of Trump.Â* Or
Roosevelt faced with Pearl Harbor.Â* Or Kennedy with the Cuban Missile
Crisis.
No can do, let's just give up.Â*Â* In the early days of Covid Trump claimed
he was now a war time president.Â* Some president, he quickly
surrendered and took to lying instead of acting.

Of course you are not talking about the governor of New Jersey and what
a great job he did.

That seems apparent. Is there some reason he should be?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 17:25:53 -0700, Bob F wrote:

One in a row isn't a study it is an anecdote.
OTOH If it were true that out of the ~8million infections only one guy
was reinfected. It isn't even a thing.

It seems we are not even sure what we don't know about this virus and
thousands of people are studying it. Some things can't be rushed, no
matter what the leader says.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Irrelevant to your stupid claim.

More bull****.

Why is it that China has only 4500 deaths? No aged population there?
No nursing homes? what's different is that they had leadership with
a plan that took Covid seriously. We have a feckless orange clown who
lies and denies.

China enforces their quarantines at the point of a gun.

Another bare faced lie.

There is also more than a little skepticism in the truth of their totals.

But we can see for ourselves that Wuhan is no longer in hard lockdown.

I will grant you, an autocratic regime can restrict the spread of
just about anything. Disease, liberty, truth, just about anything.

More utterly mindless silly stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

More utterly mindless pig ignorant bull****.

This virus does NOT kill even most infected 85
year olds who have health conditions, and most
of them do in fact have health conditions.

This is the flu on steroids. Old people or really
anyone in poor health, may die if they get this.

In fact **** all of them do get killed by this virus.

Build a bubble around them and let r rip.

Sweden tried that and got more corpses than the rest
of scandinavia COMBINED.

We need to build some level of immunity.

The only way to do that is with a viable
vaccine and that will be a while coming.

That is particularly true in young healthy people
because they are least likely to be serious about
not giving it to anyone else. If they are immune,
they won't be super spreaders.

I think when I said "this bug isn't going anywhere and it is coming
after us as soon as we get out from under the bed", I am vindicated.

Pigs arse you are.

The bug started grabbing us again as soon as we started opening up.

Only when you ****wits didn't get the virus under control first.

I suppose we could go through another 6 months of this depression
until the vaccine is properly evaluated by the people we trust to do
that. Then you have to trick people into getting it.

More flagrantly dishonest language with that last.

Half won't get a flu shot.

But that is much less likely to kill you and produce
long term health problems even if if doesn't kill you.

Distribution is not an issue if you don't let the government
do it. Just have the vaccines delivered to the big drug store
distribution centers and they can do the rest. Publix pays me
to get aflu shot so there has to be something in it for them..

We are still hoping it works tho.

If this is like the Corona Virus in the common cold,

It isnt and there isnt just one of those.

we know it can mutate faster than we can make vaccine.

And we know that this virus doesn't.

I am still waiting for a real answer about reinfection.

More fool you. We already know that of the more than 5M
who have been infected world wide, only a microscopic handful
of not even TEN individuals MAY have been infected twice.

So far it seems to just be a collection of anecdotes.

That's bull**** too with two of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 20:37:12 +1100, %%, better known as cantankerous

More utterly mindless pig ignorant bull****.

Yeah, keep insulting those few people who are actually willing to talk to
you, you vicious senile pest! Teach them what it will mean for them when
they don't realize what's the matter with you, cretin!

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Trump was criticized for thinking about taking control over states where
it is up to the governor. Blame Trump is getting about states is really
the governors' faults.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

it is up to the governor.Â* Blame Trump is getting about states is really
the governors' faults.

Most thinking people think a president should be responsible for
responding to national disasters. Denying disasters is not responsible.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Just yesterday I heard someone claiming
the virus will be gone right after election day.

I have a neigbor that said the same thing to me a couple of
weeks ago. Idiot. While she was talking I pulled up my mask
up onto my face.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

You just contradicted yourself. First saying any kind of nasty bug is
going to kill you, then saying this is the flu on steroids. This isn't
just any nasty bug, it's a highly contagious one that's far deadlier than
the flu.

Build a bubble around them and let r rip.

Sure and overload the hospitals, run out of ICU and have an epic disaster.
Even Trump isn't suggesting that. Additionally, it's a flawed strategy
because there is no evidence that people have much lasting immunity and
can get it again.

We need to build some level of immunity. That is particularly true in
young healthy people because they are least likely to be serious about
not giving it to anyone else. If they are immune, they won't be super
spreaders.

I think when I said "this bug isn't going anywhere and it is coming
after us as soon as we get out from under the bed", I am vindicated.
The bug started grabbing us again as soon as we started opening up.

It mostly succeeds in grabbing you when you are stupid and do stupid things.
Like refuse to practice social distancing, refuse to wear masks, hold
totally unnecessary large gatherings. Unfortunately one of the stupid
people doing all that, encouraging it, is the president.

I suppose we could go through another 6 months of this depression
until the vaccine is properly evaluated by the people we trust to do
that.

And how long do you think it would take to get this herd immunity that you're
proposing? How many more dead do we wind up with? It's hard to find more
than a small percentage of health authorities who say we should go with
your idea.

Then you have to trick people into getting it.

trump is good at that.

Half won't get a
flu shot. Distribution is not an issue if you don't let the government
do it. Just have the vaccines delivered to the big drug store
distribution centers and they can do the rest. Publix pays me to get a
flu shot so there has to be something in it for them..

We are still hoping it works tho.

If this is like the Corona Virus in the common cold, we know it can
mutate faster than we can make vaccine.
I am still waiting for a real answer about reinfection. So far it
seems to just be a collection of anecdotes.

Maybe it would be a good idea to figure that out before claiming herd immunity
is the answer and to just let her rip?

4th of July Zombies - Americans Don't Know Why We Celebrate Fourthof July! burfordTjustice Home Repair 14 July 4th 16 05:25 AM
H1N1 Pandemic Ned Simmons Metalworking 0 June 15th 09 06:59 PM
Google Pandemic * A Statggering Broker Signals Disgust with touchdown * Google Clearwater Experiment Home Repair 0 March 18th 07 09:53 PM
BIRD FLU PANDEMIC FEARS MOUNT - CONTINGENCY PLANS ESSENTIAL!' [email protected] UK diy 10 October 7th 05 11:25 AM