Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Listen to the Music

The Doobie Brothers and Bill Murray have a little issue with money.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bill-murray-doobie-brothers-response-1067165/
Murray is borrowing one of their songs in a commercial.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Sep 2020 18:08:21 -0500, "Dean L. Hoffman"
wrote:

The Doobie Brothers and Bill Murray have a little issue with money.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bill-murray-doobie-brothers-response-1067165/
Murray is borrowing one of their songs in a commercial.

... a gazzillion adverts in that link ...
... money maker for a few people ?
why bother - ?
I kinda like Bill Murray but stand shy of being
his click-bait-biatch ...
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/28/2020 4:08 PM, Dean L. Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â* The Doobie Brothers and BillÂ* Murray have a little issue with money.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bill-murray-doobie-brothers-response-1067165/

Â*Â*Â* Murray is borrowing one of their songs in a commercial.

HE is STEALING the song. Violating the law!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/28/2020 9:29 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/28/2020 4:08 PM, Dean L. Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â*Â* The Doobie Brothers and BillÂ* Murray have a little issue with money.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bill-murray-doobie-brothers-response-1067165/

Â*Â*Â*Â* Murray is borrowing one of their songs in a commercial.

HE is STEALING the song. Violating the law!

And both sides are enjoying a lot of free publicity. I have to wonder
how real it is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Sep 2020 21:46:56 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 9/28/2020 9:29 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/28/2020 4:08 PM, Dean L. Hoffman wrote:
*** The Doobie Brothers and Bill* Murray have a little issue with money.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bill-murray-doobie-brothers-response-1067165/

**** Murray is borrowing one of their songs in a commercial.

HE is STEALING the song. Violating the law!

And both sides are enjoying a lot of free publicity. I have to wonder
how real it is.

I often wonder how much The President gag
makes from twitter ..
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/28/2020 9:29 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/28/2020 4:08 PM, Dean L. Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â*Â*Â* The Doobie Brothers and BillÂ* Murray have a little issue with
money.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bill-murray-doobie-brothers-response-1067165/

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Murray is borrowing one of their songs in a commercial.

HE is STEALING the song. Violating the law!

And both sides are enjoying a lot of free publicity.Â* I have to wonder
how real it is.

Â*Â* I often wonder how muchÂ* The PresidentÂ*Â* gag
makes fromÂ*Â*Â* twitterÂ*Â* ..
Â*Â*Â* John T.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* And here I thought our beloved President wouldn't be mentioned
in this thread.Â*Â* The thing about the Doobies is in the New York Times
if you'd prefer:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/business/media/bill-murray-doobie-brothers.html

trump is a serial music stealer. He uses music against the wish of its
writers for his rallies regularly, even after they have told him to stop.

Ah, that can't be that tough for someone in his group to check
ahead of time.
Trump signed the Music Modernization Act in 2018. Music won't be in
public domain
until after the artist is dead for practical purposes.
Incidentally, the Hall & Oates song, "You Make My Dreams" has hit
one billion streams.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/you-make-my-streams-come-true-hall-oates-celebrate-one-billion-streams-of-you-make-my-dreams-2758240