Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

Default Covid-19 apps, what a waste

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 13:18:07 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

Telling people that it doesn't work and thus better not install it, is
what makes the app not work. So if finally it doesn't work, I will blame
you.

Hi Carlos,

Nowhere in the western world are the apps "uptaken" sufficiently.
o Nowhere.

That's a fact.

Do you really think they are all reading Usenet and listening to Joerg?
o Or, maybe... just maybe... they happen to know what I know?
--
The problem is the ignorati desperately want a panacea that doesn't exist.
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

"Arlen Holder" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 13:18:07 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

Telling people that it doesn't work and thus better not install it, is
what makes the app not work. So if finally it doesn't work, I will blame
you.

Nowhere in the western world are the apps "uptaken" sufficiently.
o Nowhere.

But its clearly better than nothing, particularly given that its so cheap.

That's a fact.

Nope, just your spin on the real facts, as always.

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 15:02:11 +1000, wrote:

But its clearly better than nothing, particularly given that its so cheap.

A talisman would not only work as well, but TLAs won't hack into its belly.
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On 16/09/2020 05.50, Arlen Holder wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 13:18:07 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

Telling people that it doesn't work and thus better not install it, is
what makes the app not work. So if finally it doesn't work, I will blame
you.

Hi Carlos,

Nowhere in the western world are the apps "uptaken" sufficiently.
o Nowhere.

So what? Should I not install the app just because "not enough people
install it"? Or perhaps on the contrary I should install it just to add
one little grain of help, and tell others I know to please install it?

That's a fact.

Do you really think they are all reading Usenet and listening to Joerg?
o Or, maybe... just maybe... they happen to know what I know?

You are not that important. There are other stupid people that talk
against the apps for stupid political agendas and have more influence
than you. It is those nay sayers making people not install the app who
may cause the app to not work.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:16:22 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

You are not that important. There are other stupid people that talk
against the apps for stupid political agendas and have more influence
than you. It is those nay sayers making people not install the app who
may cause the app to not work.

Hi Carlos,

FACTS:

And yet, if you read the cite provided, for Iceland, which has the _best_
uptake in the entire western world of these apps, the people who know this
stuff better than we do clearly stated the apps, alone, can not possibly
work.

Sept 12:
o Iceland Rakning C-19 covid contact tracing app in the world, at 40% has the highest penetration in the world
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/x9sQzw_V-DE

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

"Arlen Holder" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:16:22 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

You are not that important. There are other stupid people that talk
against the apps for stupid political agendas and have more influence
than you. It is those nay sayers making people not install the app who
may cause the app to not work.

FACTS:

This isnt a fact, its an opinion.

And yet, if you read the cite provided, for Iceland, which has the _best_
uptake in the entire western world of these apps, the people who know this
stuff better than we do clearly stated the apps, alone, can not possibly
work.

How odd that they do in South Korea and Singapore.

Sept 12:
o Iceland Rakning C-19 covid contact tracing app in the world, at 40% has
the highest penetration in the world
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/x9sQzw_V-DE

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 04:44:41 +1000, wrote:

How odd that they do in South Korea and Singapore.

Rod Speed,

How do you know so very much more than all the scientists?

What's your actual evidence that the apps worked in South Korea?
o I could as well say it's because they speak Korean?

In fact, your claim is exactly the same as this claim:
o Because they speak Korean, their covid transmission is low.

Hence, your solution, is exactly the same as this proposal:
o Therefore, to solve covid, the whole world should speak Korean.

HINT:
"Evidence for the use of automated or partly automated contact-tracing
tools to contain severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
is scarce."
--
REFERENCE
o Automated and partly automated contact tracing: a systematic review to inform the control of COVID-19
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

"Arlen Holder" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 04:44:41 +1000, wrote:

How odd that they do in South Korea and Singapore.

How do you know so very much more than all the scientists?

You are lying about all the scientists. There
is a reason that there are so many apps.

What's your actual evidence that the apps worked in South Korea?

The excellent result they got with the virus.

Same with Singapore.

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 05:39:51 +1000, wrote:

You are lying about all the scientists.

Are you claiming this quote isn't from the very first line of the paper?

"Evidence for the use of automated or partly automated contact-tracing
tools to contain severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
is scarce."
--
REFERENCE
o Automated and partly automated contact tracing: a systematic review to inform the control of COVID-19
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(20)30184-9/fulltext
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 05:39:51 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

WTF are you doing in humans-only ngs, you subnormal senile trolling cretin?

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

"Arlen Holder" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 05:39:51 +1000, wrote:

You are lying about all the scientists.

Are you claiming this quote isn't from the very first line of the paper?

"Evidence for the use of automated or partly automated contact-tracing
tools to contain severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 is
scarce."

That’s not ALL scientists, ****wit.

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On 16/09/2020 16.12, Arlen Holder wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:16:22 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

You are not that important. There are other stupid people that talk
against the apps for stupid political agendas and have more influence
than you. It is those nay sayers making people not install the app who
may cause the app to not work.

Hi Carlos,

FACTS:

And yet, if you read the cite provided, for Iceland, which has the _best_
uptake in the entire western world of these apps, the people who know this
stuff better than we do clearly stated the apps, alone, can not possibly
work.

I never said anything about the app, alone, working.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 22:34:10 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

I never said anything about the app, alone, working.

Good because carrying around a voodoo doll would be just as effective.

"Evidence for the use of automated or partly automated contact-tracing
tools to contain severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
is scarce."
--
REFERENCE
o Automated and partly automated contact tracing: a systematic review to
inform the control of COVID-19
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(20)30184-9/fulltext
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

Nope, that that isnt ALL scientists, ****wit.

"Evidence for the use of automated or partly automated contact-tracing
tools to contain severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
is scarce."
--
REFERENCE
o Automated and partly automated contact tracing: a systematic review to
inform the control of COVID-19
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(20)30184-9/fulltext

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On 16/09/2020 23.48, Arlen Holder wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 22:34:10 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

I never said anything about the app, alone, working.

Good because carrying around a voodoo doll would be just as effective.

"Evidence for the use of automated or partly automated contact-tracing
tools to contain severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
is scarce."

Evidence of keeping a distance (and not anything else) working is
scarce. Carrying around a voodoo doll would be just as effective.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On 09/18/2020 01:25 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
On 16/09/2020 23.48, Arlen Holder wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 22:34:10 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

I never said anything about the app, alone, working.

Good because carrying around a voodoo doll would be just as effective.

"Evidence for the use of automated or partly automated contact-tracing
tools to contain severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
is scarce."

Evidence of keeping a distance (and not anything else) working is
scarce. Carrying around a voodoo doll would be just as effective.

No need. Just wave your hands and babble incoherently in a strange
voice and everyone else will stay away from you.

Trust me...

--
Cheers, Bev
"I prefer rogues to imbeciles because they sometimes
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On 18/09/2020 22.45, The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/18/2020 01:25 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
On 16/09/2020 23.48, Arlen Holder wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 22:34:10 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

I never said anything about the app, alone, working.

Good because carrying around a voodoo doll would be just as effective.

Â* "Evidence for the use of automated or partly automated contact-tracing
Â*Â* tools to contain severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
Â*Â* is scarce."

Evidence of keeping a distance (and not anything else) working is
scarce. Carrying around a voodoo doll would be just as effective.

No need.Â* Just wave your hands and babble incoherently in a strange
voice and everyone else will stay away from you.

Trust me...

LOL :-D

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

The Real Bev wrote:
On 09/18/2020 01:25 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:
On 16/09/2020 23.48, Arlen Holder wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 22:34:10 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

I never said anything about the app, alone, working.

Good because carrying around a voodoo doll would be just as effective.

"Evidence for the use of automated or partly automated contact-tracing
tools to contain severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
is scarce."

Evidence of keeping a distance (and not anything else) working is
scarce. Carrying around a voodoo doll would be just as effective.

No need. Just wave your hands and babble incoherently in a strange
voice and everyone else will stay away from you.

Trust me...

Yes, we know it works, because you are there and we are on this side
of the pond.