Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Covid-19 apps, what a waste

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 14 Sep 2020 00:31:51 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 03:26:15 +0200, "Carlos E.R."
wrote:

On 13/09/2020 22.47, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 12.09.20 um 22:04 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
On 12/09/2020 21.51, s|b wrote:
On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 05:04:58 -0400, micky wrote:

Searching the Andrid play store for Covid tracker only finds 4
apps. , only one of which has covid in its name.

I've read that such apps use Bluetooth, but that Bluetooth isn't meant
for that sort of tracking. No way in hell am I going to install it.

What would you use instead of bluetooth?

Not a consumer communication device in the first place.

So you would have instead everybody acquire some new piece of hardware.

Not gonna happen, sorry.

Ping Mickey! Hey Mickey, I'm going to propose something that could have
come from you. ;-)

Taking a cue from a teenage girl advertising her babysitting skills or a
college student trying to sell a washer/dryer set, how about we forget
about all of this Bluetooth stuff, since people are afraid of it, and we
have everyone make up a series of 3x5 cards where you put your unique
'code' repeatedly along the bottom of the card, then you make a series of
cuts so that as you encounter people, you tear off one of their tabs as
they tear off one of yours. As people test positive, their code number gets
published and you go through your pile of torn tabs to see if you have a
match. If yes, you were close to that person.

For the humour-impaired, I'm kidding.

No, don't be kidding. It's a good idea. I see that at supermarkets.

It could be combined with a fashion campaign. Instead of bag dresses,
culottes, and poodle skirts, they could have blouses and dresses, sport
shirts and suit jacketsm with a space on the back for a paper tablet.
Half would be the way you describe** and the other half would be for
sending messages to the wearer. When s/he gets home at the nd of the
day, he takes off his top and see who's been writing hm. Then he emails
them, calls them on the phone, texts tthem, or wait until he sees them
again.

Women love reasons to change styles, and males will do it if the school
or their employer insists.

**Maybe your way is a little tedious. They could use the kind of
numbers on the bottom of checks, then automatically read and store the
tabs when they get home, and the comparing with alerts ccould be
computerized.

Anything is better than the intrusive bluetooth. Plus it runs your
battery down.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/09/2020 21.51, s|b wrote:
[...]

LOL Same here, plus at laundromats, barber shops, and lots of other places.

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 15 Sep 2020 12:42:32 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

No, don't be kidding. It's a good idea. I see that at supermarkets.

LOL Same here, plus at laundromats, barber shops, and lots of other places

We should get together, go into business and make a lot of money doing
this.

We won't need much capitalization, only enough to buy 3x5 cards and
paper tablets.

I suggest: Jimicky Medical Security.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

No, don't be kidding. It's a good idea. I see that at supermarkets.

LOL Same here, plus at laundromats, barber shops, and lots of other places

We should get together, go into business and make a lot of money doing
this.

We won't need much capitalization, only enough to buy 3x5 cards and
paper tablets.

We need someone who drives a convertible to help with our marketing. Know
anyone?

I suggest: Jimicky Medical Security.

The site www.jms.com redirects to www.justmysize.com, a women's
undergarments site, but www.jimicky.com is available.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

No, don't be kidding. It's a good idea. I see that at supermarkets.

LOL Same here, plus at laundromats, barber shops, and lots of other places

We should get together, go into business and make a lot of money doing
this.

We won't need much capitalization, only enough to buy 3x5 cards and
paper tablets.

We need someone who drives a convertible to help with our marketing. Know
anyone?

I have a beautiful, white Toyota Solara convertible. I can drive but
we need a beautiful girl to sit in it.

I suggest: Jimicky Medical Security.

The site www.jms.com redirects to www.justmysize.com, a women's
undergarments site, but www.jimicky.com is available.

I'll sign up for it right now.

Can I borrow $50.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

No, don't be kidding. It's a good idea. I see that at supermarkets.

LOL Same here, plus at laundromats, barber shops, and lots of other places

We should get together, go into business and make a lot of money doing
this.

We won't need much capitalization, only enough to buy 3x5 cards and
paper tablets.

We need someone who drives a convertible to help with our marketing. Know
anyone?

I have a beautiful, white Toyota Solara convertible. I can drive but
we need a beautiful girl to sit in it.

Good idea. We're not paying full benefits, though.

I suggest: Jimicky Medical Security.

The site www.jms.com redirects to www.justmysize.com, a women's
undergarments site, but www.jimicky.com is available.

I'll sign up for it right now.

Can I borrow $50.

I thought your mob name was Micky Moneybags. What happened?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

No, don't be kidding. It's a good idea. I see that at supermarkets.

LOL Same here, plus at laundromats, barber shops, and lots of other places

We should get together, go into business and make a lot of money doing
this.

We won't need much capitalization, only enough to buy 3x5 cards and
paper tablets.

We need someone who drives a convertible to help with our marketing. Know
anyone?

I have a beautiful, white Toyota Solara convertible. I can drive but
we need a beautiful girl to sit in it.

Good idea. We're not paying full benefits, though.

I'm not married. I can give her extra benefits.

I suggest: Jimicky Medical Security.

The site www.jms.com redirects to www.justmysize.com, a women's
undergarments site, but www.jimicky.com is available.

I'll sign up for it right now.

Can I borrow $50.

I thought your mob name was Micky Moneybags. What happened?

I can't borrow from the mob. Their interest rates are too high.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

We might have to do an IPO to raise money.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

No, don't be kidding. It's a good idea. I see that at supermarkets.

LOL Same here, plus at laundromats, barber shops, and lots of other places

We should get together, go into business and make a lot of money doing
this.

We won't need much capitalization, only enough to buy 3x5 cards and
paper tablets.

We need someone who drives a convertible to help with our marketing. Know
anyone?

I have a beautiful, white Toyota Solara convertible. I can drive but
we need a beautiful girl to sit in it.

Good idea. We're not paying full benefits, though.

I'm not married. I can give her extra benefits.

No sarcasm?

I suggest: Jimicky Medical Security.

The site www.jms.com redirects to www.justmysize.com, a women's
undergarments site, but www.jimicky.com is available.

I'll sign up for it right now.

Can I borrow $50.

I thought your mob name was Micky Moneybags. What happened?

I can't borrow from the mob. Their interest rates are too high.

We might have to do an IPO to raise money.

Okay.

Dd I mention that I was a lawyer.

My firm is Micky, Mickey, and Mikey, esquire.

I've found if you skip the last names, the prospective clients like it
better.

I'll try to find the links where we were written up in Money magazine
and the Wall Street Journal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Firms cant be esquires, only humans.

I've found if you skip the last names, the prospective clients like it
better.

I'll try to find the links where we were written up in Money magazine
and the Wall Street Journal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

No, don't be kidding. It's a good idea. I see that at supermarkets.

LOL Same here, plus at laundromats, barber shops, and lots of other places

We should get together, go into business and make a lot of money doing
this.

We won't need much capitalization, only enough to buy 3x5 cards and
paper tablets.

We need someone who drives a convertible to help with our marketing. Know
anyone?

I have a beautiful, white Toyota Solara convertible. I can drive but
we need a beautiful girl to sit in it.

Good idea. We're not paying full benefits, though.

I'm not married. I can give her extra benefits.

No sarcasm?

No, you can give as much as she'll take.

I suggest: Jimicky Medical Security.

The site www.jms.com redirects to www.justmysize.com, a women's
undergarments site, but www.jimicky.com is available.

I'll sign up for it right now.

Can I borrow $50.

I thought your mob name was Micky Moneybags. What happened?

I can't borrow from the mob. Their interest rates are too high.

We might have to do an IPO to raise money.

Okay.

Dd I mention that I was a lawyer.

My firm is Micky, Mickey, and Mikey, esquire.

I've found if you skip the last names, the prospective clients like it
better.

I'll try to find the links where we were written up in Money magazine
and the Wall Street Journal.

I have a lot of irons in the fire so I think I'll hand this business
venture off to you. When it becomes successful, remember the little guys.