Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - 1st time in 175 years - Scientific American endorses JoeBiden

On 9/16/2020 2:04 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/16/2020 11:00 AM, Frank wrote:
On 9/16/2020 1:31 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/16/2020 6:51 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

Interesting in that a lot of these old organizations tend to develop a
liberal bent.* I've seen it with the American Chemical Society which I
belong to and the American Bar Association.* It is almost like an
affliction of old age.* Like Biden's senility.

It is interisting as how or why some of the older people and
orginizations are hating Trump and have many of the younger ones going
to the left side also.* Seems that more and more effort is put into
hating Trump than getting on with the program of helping the American
people.

It is interesting that organizations involved in science and fact
based issues are not able to swallow the right wing anti science anti
reality anti health trump administration's idiotic lying.

And you righties here just cannot understand why.

Maybe but it did not penetrate your pea brain but I am a scientist.

A problem I have seen with many other scientists is they did not
survive the indoctrination of their long exposure to liberal academia.

Most that entered the real world became aware of what the real world
is about, i.e. me.

Those that continued in academia usually did not and that includes
those that went into large research organizations that are basically a
continuation of academia.

I find myself guilty responding to you as I know you cannot cure
stupidity,

Well, you have proven that you cannot for yourself. If you accept
trump's never ending lies, you are just another victim of his "herd
mentality" solution.

.....and there it is....the typical low Democrap IQ response. Frank hit
the nail directly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 9/16/2020 11:06 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/16/2020 7:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/16/2020 9:07 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:

On 9/16/2020 5:30 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

Ed, I read this and I wondered if you actually understood what you
were
saying.* You started out okay, realizing you are not a scientist.
But then you seemed to just dismiss anything a scientist might
tell you
and instead you assert that you should just use your common sense.

I don't know about the scientists, but with Al Gore pushing the
gloabal
warming and then living in a house big enough for several families it
seems to me like a snake oil salesman.* When all the ones preaching
global warming start riding aoround in the very small cars and
living in
homes with around 3 bedrooms like many are, then I will believe them.

I understand the hypocrisy but it does not make it any less true.* It
is not easy to convince the masses when you fly in on your private jet
to tell them to conserve.

Geez, the guy is rich.* Shouldn't he be able to travel in comfort?

https://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...150208852.html

** For transportation, Gore admits to sometimes chartering a private
** jet but he doesnt own one, claims to be a regular" on Southwest
** Airlines (LUV) and flew to NY last week on American Airlines to
** promote The Climate Reality Projects 24-hour webcast, The Cost of
** Carbon. "Every once in a while I charter but I use public transit and
** commercial airlines, he says.

Sure, be comfortable but don't tell me I'm ruining the earth using the
same carbon he is using in excess.

Is that really what Gore was saying?

Been so long since I've listened to the hypocritical windbag I don't
recall his exact words. The gist of his shtick was you should use less
energy in spite of the fact I use lots of it.

But he doesn't use lots of it. Since 2009, his house is solar and geothermal.

And as pointed out, he flies mostly commercial like the rest of us.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 9/16/2020 5:58 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Ralph Mowery writes:

In article , says...

Ed, I read this and I wondered if you actually understood what you were
saying. You started out okay, realizing you are not a scientist.
But then you seemed to just dismiss anything a scientist might tell you
and instead you assert that you should just use your common sense.

I don't know about the scientists, but with Al Gore pushing the gloabal
warming and then living in a house big enough for several families it
seems to me like a snake oil salesman. When all the ones preaching
global warming start riding aoround in the very small cars and living in
homes with around 3 bedrooms like many are, then I will believe them.

Last I heard, Al Gore was not against getting rich and living in a big
house.

I don't know what the point of this "but he lives in a big house"
argument is and I doubt you do either.

Just because he's rich doesn't mean he can't care about our future.

Sure, do as I say, not as I do. He could try to set a good example.
Compare him to Warren Buffet still in the same modest house because he
does not need more.
https://www.protectingtaxpayers.org/...u-s-household/

Try a better source.

https://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/al-gores-mansion/

He is not the guy that should be telling me to drive a smaller car or
turn off the AC

If you actually paid attention to the facts rather than some
political moron at a right-wing site, you'd not make a fool of
yourself in public.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2020 7:10 AM, Hawk wrote:
On 9/16/2020 9:51 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

Interesting in that a lot of these old organizations tend to develop a
liberal bent.* I've seen it with the American Chemical Society which I
belong to and the American Bar Association.* It is almost like an
affliction of old age.* Like Biden's senility.

It is interisting as how or why some of the older people and
orginizations are hating Trump and have many of the younger ones going
to the left side also.* Seems that more and more effort is put into
hating Trump than getting on with the program of helping the American
people.

Welcome to the Democrat's agenda. Low IQ Bob knows how it works.

Keep proving how wrong you are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ralph Mowery writes:

[...]

If you paid attention to facts you'd know he was shamed into it. He is
just a little less of a hypocrite now.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/16/2020 1:31 PM, Bob F wrote:
[...]

Yes you are. Thanks for confirming it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/17/2020 12:26 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 9/17/2020 7:10 AM, Hawk wrote:
On 9/16/2020 9:51 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , "frank says...

Interesting in that a lot of these old organizations tend to develop a
liberal bent.* I've seen it with the American Chemical Society which I
belong to and the American Bar Association.* It is almost like an
affliction of old age.* Like Biden's senility.

It is interisting as how or why some of the older people and
orginizations are hating Trump and have many of the younger ones going
to the left side also.* Seems that more and more effort is put into
hating Trump than getting on with the program of helping the American
people.

Welcome to the Democrat's agenda. Low IQ Bob knows how it works.

Keep proving how wrong you are.

Maybe one day you'll be able to retort with some facts. Naw, who are we
kidding, you aren't smart enough to do so. LMFAO!