Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Default Covid-19 apps, what a waste

Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 14.09.20 um 23:11 schrieb Chris:
Your conflation of "UK" with England shows your poor grasp of European
affairs.

I guess I'm much more fluent than you in this area.

I'm guessing your definition of "fluent" is very different to the
dictionary definition.

What makes me sad is that the Brits drag the whole UK into a mutual
economic suicide with their little brain dead dictator Boris leading the
kingdom into the abyss.
They said "Au revoir" to Europe.

Oh for christ's sake! Even you can't tell the difference between europe and
the EU. We cannot leave a geographic continent to which we belong. We can
and have left a geopolitical bloc.

So nobody on the Continent gives a ****
on what happens in the UK any more.

The EU cares very much as we've still got a trade deal to negotiate.

That's because your argument is flawed.

You should start to read and try to understand.

Try getting a clue first.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 15/09/2020 23.37, Chris wrote:
Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 14.09.20 um 23:11 schrieb Chris:
Your conflation of "UK" with England shows your poor grasp of European
affairs.

I guess I'm much more fluent than you in this area.

I'm guessing your definition of "fluent" is very different to the
dictionary definition.

What makes me sad is that the Brits drag the whole UK into a mutual
economic suicide with their little brain dead dictator Boris leading the
kingdom into the abyss.
They said "Au revoir" to Europe.

Oh for christ's sake! Even you can't tell the difference between europe and
the EU. We cannot leave a geographic continent to which we belong. We can
and have left a geopolitical bloc.

So nobody on the Continent gives a ****
on what happens in the UK any more.

The EU cares very much as we've still got a trade deal to negotiate.

Not really :-P

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Am 16.09.20 um 10:17 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
On 15/09/2020 23.37, Chris wrote:
The EU cares very much as we've still got a trade deal to negotiate.

Not really :-P

That is British arrogance. This is why I wrote "a whole country is
comitting political and especially economic suicide and little dictator
Boris is dragging the kingdom into the abyss".

In the worst case little Boris is reigniting the civil war in Ireland again.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Joerg Lorenz wrote:
[...]

Touché

I'm sure eu citizens really don't care, and I'm also sure it's the same
here, but the bureaucrats will. Whether that matters to anyone is, well,
another matter.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Joerg Lorenz wrote:
[...]

I'm not so sure with the younger ones who rather
like the free movement of people with the country
they want to move to not having any say on whether
they can come or not, for the short term or long term.

and I'm also sure it's the same here, but the bureaucrats
will. Whether that matters to anyone is, well, another matter.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Joerg Lorenz wrote:
[...]

Well, we like to be able to travel, and live, and work anywhere in the
Union, without much paperwork, with health coverage, ans retirement. But
if the Brits want out, what can we do? On the other hand, with the UK
out the EU gains, because they are no longer blocking initiatives for
the community. So, many in the EU actually wanted the UK out. Recent
example, was the ample funds that the south countries got as help to
recover from the coronavirus, the UK would have blocked it.

On the other hand, in Spain we have a large Brit community, specially
retired people. They will suffer, and we will suffer because our economy
depends on those people and the tourism.

I am myself a second third generation expat (not sure about the
classification).

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Carlos E.R. wrote:

many in the EU actually wanted the UK out. Recent example, was the
ample funds that the south countries got as help to recover from the
coronavirus, the UK would have blocked it.

From here it looked like the Netherlands almost did.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Joerg Lorenz wrote:
[...]

Regardless of the pros and cons it has happened, unfortunately, and we'll
all have to adjust.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Am 16.09.20 um 23:48 schrieb Chris:
Regardless of the pros and cons it has happened, unfortunately, and we'll
all have to adjust.

For the Brits it is and will be a political and economic shock.
The Continent will move faster. Only very minor adjustments needed.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 16/09/2020 23.16, Andy Burns wrote:

Carlos E.R. wrote:

many in the EU actually wanted the UK out. Recent example, was the
ample funds that the south countries got as help to recover from the
coronavirus, the UK would have blocked it.

From here it looked like the Netherlands almost did.

Almost, but Germany and France insisted :-)

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 17/09/2020 07.00, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 16.09.20 um 23:48 schrieb Chris:
Regardless of the pros and cons it has happened, unfortunately, and we'll
all have to adjust.

For the Brits it is and will be a political and economic shock.
The Continent will move faster. Only very minor adjustments needed.

Yep.

I'll miss Twinings tea and Heinz beans in tomato sauce :-p

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Am 17.09.20 um 13:58 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
On 17/09/2020 07.00, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 16.09.20 um 23:48 schrieb Chris:
Regardless of the pros and cons it has happened, unfortunately, and we'll
all have to adjust.

For the Brits it is and will be a political and economic shock.
The Continent will move faster. Only very minor adjustments needed.

Yep.

I'll miss Twinings tea and Heinz beans in tomato sauce :-p

You will still get them but at prohibitive prices ...
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

"Carlos E.R." wrote in message
On 17/09/2020 07.00, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 16.09.20 um 23:48 schrieb Chris:
Regardless of the pros and cons it has happened, unfortunately, and
we'll
all have to adjust.

For the Brits it is and will be a political and economic shock.
The Continent will move faster. Only very minor adjustments needed.

Yep.

I'll miss Twinings tea and Heinz beans in tomato sauce :-p

There is no reason you will miss either of them. The most
you might see is the price change a little. And depending
on what the pound does, they might even be cheaper if
the pound drops by more than the EU chooses to have
a tariff on those. Since the EU doesnt grow tea, there
may well be no tariff on tea at all. Likely there will be
on beans in tomato sauce.

The be difference is that if you decide that the UK
economy is doing much better than the Spanish
economy, you wont be free to decide to move
there and be able to do that so easily.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

"Joerg Lorenz" wrote in message
Am 17.09.20 um 13:58 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
On 17/09/2020 07.00, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 16.09.20 um 23:48 schrieb Chris:
Regardless of the pros and cons it has happened, unfortunately, and
we'll
all have to adjust.

For the Brits it is and will be a political and economic shock.
The Continent will move faster. Only very minor adjustments needed.

Yep.

I'll miss Twinings tea and Heinz beans in tomato sauce :-p

You will still get them

Yes.

but at prohibitive prices ...

How odd that countries outside the EU dont pay prohibitive prices for them.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

Default "Who or What is Rod Speed?"

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

FredXX to Rodent Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shipped the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 17/09/2020 20.22, %% wrote:

"Joerg Lorenz" wrote in message
Am 17.09.20 um 13:58 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
On 17/09/2020 07.00, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 16.09.20 um 23:48 schrieb Chris:
Regardless of the pros and cons it has happened, unfortunately, and
we'll
all have to adjust.

For the Brits it is and will be a political and economic shock.
The Continent will move faster. Only very minor adjustments needed.

Yep.

I'll miss Twinings tea and Heinz beans in tomato sauce :-p

You will still get them

Yes.

but at prohibitive prices ...

How odd that countries outside the EU dont pay prohibitive prices for
them.

Maybe because there are other plants that make those produce outside of
the isles.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 17/09/2020 19.24, %% wrote:

"Carlos E.R." wrote in message
[...]

The beans are a peculiarity mostly eaten by foreigners here, the locals
do not typically like them. I'm not average in my tastes. Although I
have seen a tin of beans by a no name brand: they taste horrible to me,
but they do sell it. Go figure.

As to tea, Twinings is probably not the most sold brand he there are
others, and some seem local. We could turn to Russia. Or China.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

"Carlos E.R." wrote in message
On 17/09/2020 20.22, %% wrote:

"Joerg Lorenz" wrote in message
Am 17.09.20 um 13:58 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
On 17/09/2020 07.00, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 16.09.20 um 23:48 schrieb Chris:
Regardless of the pros and cons it has happened, unfortunately, and
we'll
all have to adjust.

For the Brits it is and will be a political and economic shock.
The Continent will move faster. Only very minor adjustments needed.

Yep.

I'll miss Twinings tea and Heinz beans in tomato sauce :-p

You will still get them

Yes.

but at prohibitive prices ...

How odd that countries outside the EU dont pay prohibitive prices for
them.

Maybe because there are other plants that make those produce outside of
the isles.

Nope, the twinings tea isnt prohibitively priced when it is made in the UK.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

"Carlos E.R." wrote in message
On 17/09/2020 19.24, %% wrote:

"Carlos E.R." wrote in message
On 17/09/2020 07.00, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 16.09.20 um 23:48 schrieb Chris:
Regardless of the pros and cons it has happened, unfortunately, and
we'll
all have to adjust.

For the Brits it is and will be a political and economic shock.
The Continent will move faster. Only very minor adjustments needed.

Yep.

I'll miss Twinings tea and Heinz beans in tomato sauce :-p

There is no reason you will miss either of them. The most
you might see is the price change a little. And depending
on what the pound does, they might even be cheaper if
the pound drops by more than the EU chooses to have
a tariff on those. Since the EU doesnt grow tea, there
may well be no tariff on tea at all. Likely there will be
on beans in tomato sauce.

The big difference is that if you decide that the UK
economy is doing much better than the Spanish
economy, you won't be free to decide to move
there and be able to do that so easily.

The beans are a peculiarity mostly eaten by foreigners here,

Unsurprising given that so many of the foreigners there are from the UK.

the locals do not typically like them. I'm not average in my tastes.
Although I have seen a tin of beans by a no name brand: they taste
horrible to me, but they do sell it. Go figure.

No name brands often are inferior unless its
something very simple like white sugar etc.

As to tea, Twinings is probably not the most sold brand he there are
others, and some seem local. We could turn to Russia. Or China.

You'll find that the price of it won't change much.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 08:27:54 +1000, wrote:

No name brands often are inferior unless its
something very simple like white sugar etc.

They're called commodities.
o You'd be surprise at what is considered a commodity though.

Since it's MARKETING's job to make things look like they're not.
o Hint: A telephone is a commodity.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

"Arlen Holder" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 08:27:54 +1000, wrote:

No name brands often are inferior unless its
something very simple like white sugar etc.

They're called commodities.

Not all of them are, most obviously with water.

o You'd be surprise at what is considered a commodity though.

Nope.

Since it's MARKETING's job to make things look like they're not.
o Hint: A telephone is a commodity.

Bull**** it is.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020 09:45:04 +1000, wrote:

Since it's MARKETING's job to make things look like they're not.
o Hint: A telephone is a commodity.

Bull**** it is.

Is a truck tire a commodity Rod Speed?
Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair

On 18/09/2020 00.27, %% wrote:

"Carlos E.R." wrote in message
On 17/09/2020 19.24, %% wrote:

"Carlos E.R." wrote in message
[...]

Not generally in this particular shop.

As to tea, Twinings is probably not the most sold brand he there
are others, and some seem local. We could turn to Russia. Or China.

You'll find that the price of it won't change much.

It did go up about half an euro the tin just when there was the agreement.

--
Cheers, Carlos.