Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
s|b s|b is offline

Default Covid-19 apps, what a waste

On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 22:04:40 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

What would you use instead of bluetooth?

I wouldn't use it at all.

--
s|b
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

"s|b" wrote in message
On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 22:04:40 +0200, Carlos E.R. wrote:

What would you use instead of bluetooth?

I wouldn't use it at all.

More fool you. It would be stupid to not bother to
notify anyone who has been close enough for long
enough to someone who does turn out to be infected
to get them to have a test and isolate if they are positive.

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
s|b s|b is offline

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 05:52:08 +1000, %% wrote:

I wouldn't use it at all.

More fool you. It would be stupid to not bother to
notify anyone who has been close enough for long
enough to someone who does turn out to be infected
to get them to have a test and isolate if they are positive.

That's why we - in Belgium - have contact tracing in place. It doesn't
work for sh*t, so you can understand I don't have much faith in their
app.

There /is/ an app and it's currently being tested by 10.000 people,
mostly employed by the government. I'm curious how many people will
download it after the official release.

--
s|b
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

"s|b" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 05:52:08 +1000, %% wrote:

I wouldn't use it at all.

More fool you. It would be stupid to not bother to
notify anyone who has been close enough for long
enough to someone who does turn out to be infected
to get them to have a test and isolate if they are positive.

That's why we - in Belgium - have contact
tracing in place. It doesn't work for sh*t,

Odd that it works fine in Singapore and South Korea.

so you can understand I don't have much faith in their app.

Still better than no app.

There /is/ an app and it's currently being tested by 10.000
people, mostly employed by the government. I'm curious
how many people will download it after the official release.

Still better than no app even if not all that many do use it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 07:22:01 +1000, wrote:

Odd that it works fine in Singapore and South Korea.

Indeed, it works as well as any talisman would.

Personally, I think a rosary would work better - but I'm Catholic so if
you're not, then what works best for you may depend on your religion.
--
"Evidence for the use of automated or partly automated contact-tracing
tools to contain severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.mobile.android.]
with %% wrote:
"s|b" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 05:52:08 +1000, %% wrote:

*SKIP*
That's why we - in Belgium - have contact
tracing in place. It doesn't work for sh*t,

Just to make it more practical (if that's ever possible) , may I have
carbon footprint of somenthing that doesn't work?

Odd that it works fine in Singapore and South Korea.

I'm not in Singapore -- I don't give a fsck. Neither are you -- your
opinion isn't worth ****.

*CUT*

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
s|b s|b is offline

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 22:31:35 +0200, s|b wrote:

There /is/ an app and it's currently being tested by 10.000 people,
mostly employed by the government. I'm curious how many people will
download it after the official release.

This is the app:
https://coronalert.be/en/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.sciensano.coronalert

--
s|b
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android
s|b s|b is offline

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 07:22:01 +1000, %% wrote:

That's why we - in Belgium - have contact
tracing in place. It doesn't work for sh*t,

Odd that it works fine in Singapore and South Korea.

That's great, but in _Belgium_ it doesn't work for sh*t. By which I mean
they're not doing a good job.

so you can understand I don't have much faith in their app.

Still better than no app.

I disagree. Better to have no app at all than to have a dysfunctional
one.

There /is/ an app and it's currently being tested by 10.000
people, mostly employed by the government. I'm curious
how many people will download it after the official release.

Still better than no app even if not all that many do use it.

If not all that many use it, then it won't be very effective.

--
s|b
Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android

"s|b" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 07:22:01 +1000, %% wrote:

That's why we - in Belgium - have contact
tracing in place. It doesn't work for sh*t,

Odd that it works fine in Singapore and South Korea.

That's great, but in _Belgium_ it doesn't work for sh*t.
By which I mean they're not doing a good job.

But it is less clear why Belgium has got such an obscene result with this
virus.

so you can understand I don't have much faith in their app.

Still better than no app.

I disagree. Better to have no app at all than to have a dysfunctional
one.

That's only true if the app keeps telling you to
get tested when it shouldn't have done that and
there is no evidence that the app does that.

There /is/ an app and it's currently being tested by 10.000
people, mostly employed by the government. I'm curious
how many people will download it after the official release.

Still better than no app even if not all that many do use it.

If not all that many use it, then it won't be very effective.

Still better than no app if the app does work.