Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Getting rid of house flies

On July 31, 1999 at 11:08:33 PM, "Andrew A. Greenberg, M.D."
wrote:

For the past two or three years, we've had a large number of flies in
our house during the summer. I find many dead ones along window sills
every day. How can I figure out where they're coming from and how can I
eliminate them? Thanks

Though it's 20 years after the fact, I just read this at Pinterest:
"The use of a plastic bag full of water hanging from the ceiling is a
traditional way to scare flies away in food markets in Mexico. The
refraction of the water, amplifies the colors and movements for
the sensible eyes of the fly reflected on this sphere, scaring it
away."

-- https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pin...3835044800676/
Posted to alt.home.repair

A spray bottle filled with water plus a small amount of soap seems to act
like "flak" to knock them out of the sky even as they fly around fast.

The flak fills the air so that they can't fly without hitting it, much like
the Germans did to the Allied WWII bomber fleets trying to save humanity.

The Germans killed a lot of good men using flak simply because the weakness
of the airplane, just as soapy water (supposedly) kills the attacking bugs.
--
Usenet is a world wide public archive of useful solutions & ideas.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 4:30:45 PM UTC-4, Arlen Holder wrote:
A spray bottle filled with water plus a small amount of soap seems to act
like "flak" to knock them out of the sky even as they fly around fast.

The flak fills the air so that they can't fly without hitting it, much like
the Germans did to the Allied WWII bomber fleets trying to save humanity.

The Germans killed a lot of good men using flak simply because the weakness
of the airplane, just as soapy water (supposedly) kills the attacking bugs.
--
Usenet is a world wide public archive of useful solutions & ideas.

Windex. Spray fly on window and clean window. For infestation use a shop vav. Check entrance mats for eggs that can be walked in.