Posted to alt.home.repair

Default USPS package late

My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come. Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

Aug 25, 2020 12:00am
In Transit, Arriving Late

Aug 23, 2020 10:22pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
BALTIMORE MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Aug 19, 2020 1:48am
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Aug 19, 20201:45am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

DeJoy's handiwork?

I also have an Amazon package that was supposed to come on Thrursday,
delated (at least) to Friday. I won't know until it gets here if any
part of the shipping was USPS.

Apparently he promised to do no more damage to the postal system until
after the election, at which time he'll go back to ruining it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/20 2:19 AM, micky wrote:
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come. Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

There are many ways to ship an item.Â* USPS is usually the cheapest and slowest.

Have ebayBob use UPS Overnight if you need it fast.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 6:57:14 AM UTC-4, Crispy Cream wrote:
On 8/26/20 2:19 AM, micky wrote:
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come. Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

There are many ways to ship an item.Â* USPS is usually the cheapest and slowest.

Have ebayBob use UPS Overnight if you need it fast.

The worst are the combined low cost shipping, like UPS Mail Innovations or
FedEx SmartPost. They use UPS/FedEx to get the package close, then USPS
to deliver it the final distance. USPS can get a package from CT to NJ
in two or three days. Those two expect a week or more.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/26/2020 12:19 AM, micky wrote:
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come. Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

The USPS slows down deliveries to Trump haters. I reported a damaged DVD
to Netflix on the evening of the 21st. They estimated a replacement
would arrive on the 24th. It did and I was able to watch 'The Birds' in
all its glory. Some films don't age well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2020 9:56 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/26/2020 12:19 AM, micky wrote:
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come.* Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

The USPS slows down deliveries to Trump haters. I reported a damaged DVD
to Netflix on the evening of the 21st. They estimated a replacement
would arrive on the 24th. It did and I was able to watch 'The Birds' in
all its glory. Some films don't age well.

Obviously facetious but postal workers union supports Biden and might do
this to solicit votes for him.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2020 11:52 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/26/2020 9:56 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/26/2020 12:19 AM, micky wrote:
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come.* Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

The USPS slows down deliveries to Trump haters. I reported a damaged
DVD to Netflix on the evening of the 21st. They estimated a
replacement would arrive on the 24th. It did and I was able to watch
'The Birds' in all its glory. Some films don't age well.

Obviously facetious but postal workers union supports Biden and might do
this to solicit votes for him.

I'd have agreed with you in the past, but they have a strong Republican
supporter in charge now and he is taking things apart.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 02:19:55 -0400, micky
wrote:

[...]

It sounds more like incompetence in the Bal'mer post office.
Maybe someone should start firing managers and slackers there.

Oops, the union won't let them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 11:52:42 -0400, Frank wrote:

On 8/26/2020 9:56 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/26/2020 12:19 AM, micky wrote:
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come.Â* Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

The USPS slows down deliveries to Trump haters. I reported a damaged DVD
to Netflix on the evening of the 21st. They estimated a replacement
would arrive on the 24th. It did and I was able to watch 'The Birds' in
all its glory. Some films don't age well.

Obviously facetious but postal workers union supports Biden and might do
this to solicit votes for him.

It sounds like they are in the bag for him anyway in the states where
the local post office sucks.
This is not the case in other places. I am not having these problems
and we order stuff all the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2020 8:52 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/26/2020 9:56 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/26/2020 12:19 AM, micky wrote:
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come.* Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

The USPS slows down deliveries to Trump haters. I reported a damaged
DVD to Netflix on the evening of the 21st. They estimated a
replacement would arrive on the 24th. It did and I was able to watch
'The Birds' in all its glory. Some films don't age well.

Obviously facetious but postal workers union supports Biden and might do
this to solicit votes for him.

Repubs SOP - blame the unions always.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2020 12:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I'd have agreed with you in the past, but they have a strong Republican
supporter in charge now and he is taking things apart.

Began long before...

WASHINGTON — The United States Postal Service announced plans today
to transition to a new delivery schedule during the week of Aug. 5,
2013 that includes package delivery Monday through Saturday, and mail
delivery Monday through Friday.
Once implemented during August of 2013, mail delivery to street
addresses will occur Monday through Friday. Packages will continue to
be delivered six days per week. Mail addressed to PO Boxes will
continue to be delivered on Saturdays. Post Offices currently open on
Saturdays will remain open on Saturdays. ...

Note the dateline...

Like with virtually all other services, urban folk have no clue about
rural areas and the importance of services where there's a shortage
otherwise.

Used to go by the PO on Sunday after church to get the Sunday paper;
that went away first; now Saturday delivery is hit or miss as to whether
they put anything up or not.

Some years ago they closed all local sorting so even local mail is now
trucked to Amarillo, TX, (nearly 200 miles one way) and back again to be
distributed locally. 30 miles east and they carry it to Wichita and
back--I've not traced exactly how they now get it between the two but
wouldn't doubt it now goes to Amarillo, then to Wichita and back to
within 30 miles from whence it originated.

How any of that can possibly be cost effective boggles the mind...so
this guy isn't doing anything that wasn't already begun; he just picked
a bad time to keep on going at what were already dismantling and had
done pretty good job at before. The above actions all predate the
current administration.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/20 6:57 AM, Crispy Cream wrote:
On 8/26/20 2:19 AM, micky wrote:
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come.Â* Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

There are many ways to ship an item.Â* USPS is usually the cheapest and
slowest.

Have ebayBob use UPS Overnight if you need it fast.

UPS overnight probably costs three times as much as the item it worth ;-)

--
Criminals love gun control; it makes their job much, much safer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2020 1:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/26/2020 11:52 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/26/2020 9:56 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/26/2020 12:19 AM, micky wrote:
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come.* Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

The USPS slows down deliveries to Trump haters. I reported a damaged
DVD to Netflix on the evening of the 21st. They estimated a
replacement would arrive on the 24th. It did and I was able to watch
'The Birds' in all its glory. Some films don't age well.

Obviously facetious but postal workers union supports Biden and might
do this to solicit votes for him.

I'd have agreed with you in the past, but they have a strong Republican
supporter in charge now and he is taking things apart.

This was a facetious remark myself about unions.

Post office does need reforming. Like Reagan once said, the only thing
with perpetual life is a government program.

I recall over 25 years ago when I started consulting I spent about $30 a
month on postage. Today it is down to about the price of one stamp a
month.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/26/2020 09:52 AM, Frank wrote:
On 8/26/2020 9:56 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 08/26/2020 12:19 AM, micky wrote:
My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come. Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

The USPS slows down deliveries to Trump haters. I reported a damaged
DVD to Netflix on the evening of the 21st. They estimated a
replacement would arrive on the 24th. It did and I was able to watch
'The Birds' in all its glory. Some films don't age well.

Obviously facetious but postal workers union supports Biden and might do
this to solicit votes for him.

Strictly local news but the postal workers are having a little civil war
about wearing face diapers. Their fellow employees are ratting out the
non-wearers to the county health department. When the health inspector
showed up everyone was wearing their masks. The whistleblower reported
the masks disappeared as soon as the inspector left.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/26/2020 7:01 PM, Frank wrote:
[...]

Unions have screwed up some businesses and yes, the USPS probably does
need some changes. Sure does not seem like DeJoy has a sensible plan
though Moving empty trucks and sending out carriers with no mail makes
no sense. Figure out why they are empty and fix the problem so they can
leave on time with the mail.

Also looks like a potential conflict of interest too. Check that out.
One reason too, I think Trump is jealous of Bezos having more money so
he is against Amazon and wants to break it.

I don't know if Amazon is paying fair rates or not but find out and deal
with facts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 26 Aug 2020 14:08:34 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020 02:19:55 -0400, micky
wrote:

And another thing the USPS does that Fedex doesn't is give book rate,
now media rate, to encourage reading and learning. Fedex coulnd't care
less.

My ebay item was probably mailed first class usps, was supposed to come
Saturday, but Tuesday still had not come. Tuesday morning at midnight,
they already knew it wouldn't be here on Tuesday. ::

Also added
Aug 26, 2020 12:00am
In Transit, Arriving Late

Aug 25, 2020 12:00am
In Transit, Arriving Late

Aug 23, 2020 10:22pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
BALTIMORE MD DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Aug 19, 2020 1:48am
Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Aug 19, 20201:45am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

DeJoy's handiwork?

I also have an Amazon package that was supposed to come on Thrursday,
delated (at least) to Friday. I won't know until it gets here if any
part of the shipping was USPS.

Apparently he promised to do no more damage to the postal system until
after the election, at which time he'll go back to ruining it.

It sounds more like incompetence in the Bal'mer post office.

And who do you think screwed up the Baltimore Post Office. It's your
boy DeJoi.

Maybe someone should start firing managers and slackers there.

Oops, the union won't let them.

What a crock. Everything was fine until DeJoi got involved. Wait
until he does it to you.