Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No mask consequences

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 19:26:13 -0600, rbowman wrote:

On 08/05/2020 12:34 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
I have mixed feelings about that. One the one hand, I feel people have
the right to be assholes. On the other hand, the situation is similar
to black people, and if we hadn't taken a stand there would still be
"colored" drinking fountains.

I was about 11 when I saw my first colored drinking fountain.
Disappointing. The water wasn't colored, just warm. I don't recall
taking a stand one way or the other.

I never saw it until we took a bus trip across the south, in the 50s,
Oklahoma to Florida and somewhere around the Mississippi line things
changed instantly. I didn't understand why I woke up on the back seat
of the bus surrounded by giggling little black girls. I thought it was
fun until someone dragged me up front. Being from DC, I didn't have a
problem with black girls.

Of course, this comes from someone who does not find homosexuality
unnatural or disgusting.

I don't have a problem with gays, including one of my nephews. I fully
support civil unions with all the legal benefits of marriage. However I
do think a marriage is between a man and a woman, 'man' being defined as
someone born with balls, and 'woman' as someone born without.

That whole problem would be solved if the government got out of the
marriage business. Marriage is a religious ceremony, everything the
government should be involved with is simple contract law and should
be available to any 2 or more consenting adults.
Being in God's waiting room, I can see the advantages to extending
what the government grants to married people, to the "Golden Girls".
(Hospital visitation, survivorship, inheritance, tax breaks etc) if
they are willing to sign the commitment contract.