Butch Hinton

Default Strange toilet problem

HI all,

This morning when my wife went to flush the ole commode, there was
very little water in the tank. I checked to see if the faucet to the
tank was closed and it was open. I closed the faucet and reopened and
the tank filled. Now every time we flush, the tank only fill to about
an inch on bottom of tank. I closed the faucet and reopen it and the
tank fills.

Any idea??

TIA
Butch

Joe Bobst

I checked to see if the faucet to the tank was closed and it was open. I
closed the faucet and reopened and the tank filled.

The "faucet" is actually a supply stop valve. It has probably seen better days
and should be replaced. Quarter turn ball valves are popular replacements these
days as they flow much better when open. Modernize now and enjoy the benefits.
HTH

Joe