Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Amazaon return / UPS

I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13. Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6. Okay.

UPS Free. Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference? She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive. Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart. I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing. If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/20/2020 5:21 AM, micky wrote:
I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13. Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6. Okay.

UPS Free. Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference? She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive. Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart. I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing. If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.

I recall returning something to Amazon where I believe I printed the
return label and item was picked up free at my house. I do not have
Prime and item only cost about $20 and they also remitted my shipping
fee from the purchase.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/20/2020 5:21 AM, micky wrote:
I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13. Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6. Okay.

UPS Free. Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference? She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive. Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart. I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing. If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.

Eat beans the night before and no one will want to be near you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/20/2020 6:26 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/20/2020 5:21 AM, micky wrote:
I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13.Â* Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6.Â* Okay.

UPS Free.Â* Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference?Â* She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive.Â* Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart.Â*Â* I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing.Â*Â* If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.

Eat beans the night before and no one will want to be near you.

No, they would just want to be upwind.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 20 May 2020 05:21:21 -0400, micky
wrote:

I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13. Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6. Okay.

UPS Free. Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference? She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive. Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart. I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing. If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.

Amazon has always sent me a link to a label I print and I can drop it
off at UPS for free. If you can catch the driver in your neighborhood
they will take it. They have a UPS store in both shopping centers I go
to so the drop off is not that tough. If this is really Amazon and not
a 3d party seller they support, you can get a USPS label if you ask.
Then the postal carrier will pick it up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 20 May 2020 07:38:43 -0400, Frank
wrote:

[...]

I might well have had Prime when I bought this. Maybe that has
something to do with it, that they always have 3 options but the options
change if you have prime, and one no longer makes sense.

I should check Returning something I bought without prime, but I don't
have anything within the time limit now.