DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Amazaon return / UPS (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/649576-amazaon-return-ups.html)

micky May 20th 20 10:21 AM

Amazaon return / UPS

I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13. Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6. Okay.

UPS Free. Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference? She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive. Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart. I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing. If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.

Frank[_28_] May 20th 20 12:38 PM

Amazaon return / UPS

On 5/20/2020 5:21 AM, micky wrote:
I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13. Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6. Okay.

UPS Free. Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference? She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive. Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart. I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing. If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.

I recall returning something to Amazon where I believe I printed the
return label and item was picked up free at my house. I do not have
Prime and item only cost about $20 and they also remitted my shipping
fee from the purchase.

Ed Pawlowski[_3_] May 20th 20 02:26 PM

Amazaon return / UPS

On 5/20/2020 5:21 AM, micky wrote:
I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13. Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6. Okay.

UPS Free. Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference? She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive. Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart. I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing. If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.

Eat beans the night before and no one will want to be near you.

Bob F May 20th 20 06:30 PM

Amazaon return / UPS

On 5/20/2020 6:26 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/20/2020 5:21 AM, micky wrote:
I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13.Â* Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6.Â* Okay.

UPS Free.Â* Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference?Â* She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive.Â* Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart.Â*Â* I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing.Â*Â* If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.

Eat beans the night before and no one will want to be near you.

No, they would just want to be upwind.

[email protected] May 20th 20 06:56 PM

Amazaon return / UPS

On Wed, 20 May 2020 05:21:21 -0400, micky
wrote:

I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13. Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6. Okay.

UPS Free. Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference? She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive. Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart. I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing. If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.

Amazon has always sent me a link to a label I print and I can drop it
off at UPS for free. If you can catch the driver in your neighborhood
they will take it. They have a UPS store in both shopping centers I go
to so the drop off is not that tough. If this is really Amazon and not
a 3d party seller they support, you can get a USPS label if you ask.
Then the postal carrier will pick it up.

micky May 20th 20 07:04 PM

Amazaon return / UPS

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 20 May 2020 07:38:43 -0400, Frank
wrote:

[...]

I might well have had Prime when I bought this. Maybe that has
something to do with it, that they always have 3 options but the options
change if you have prime, and one no longer makes sense.

I should check Returning something I bought without prime, but I don't
have anything within the time limit now.