Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Amazaon return / UPS

In alt.home.repair, on Wed, 20 May 2020 07:38:43 -0400, Frank
wrote:

On 5/20/2020 5:21 AM, micky wrote:
I returned the non-peened grab bar to Amazon today.

They extended the return time to the end of May.

Amazon had 3 options.

UPS Pickup, about $13. Fair enough.

UPS Drop-off, $6. Okay.

UPS Free. Check that and they send you an email with a Q-code, you wrap
the package, and take it to almost any UPS**, they print the label.

I asked the woman, what's the difference? She said for Drop-Off you
have to make your own label.

So it's more work and more expensive. Why does the option even exist?

**There were 7 people ahead of me in an outdoor line, spaced no more/no
less than 6 feet apart. I wanted the guy behind me to be 20 feet away
but felt I couldn't say antyhing. If I'm still posting 2 weeks from
now, everything turned out okay.

I recall returning something to Amazon where I believe I printed the
return label and item was picked up free at my house. I do not have
Prime and item only cost about $20 and they also remitted my shipping
fee from the purchase.

I might well have had Prime when I bought this. Maybe that has
something to do with it, that they always have 3 options but the options
change if you have prime, and one no longer makes sense.

I should check Returning something I bought without prime, but I don't
have anything within the time limit now.