Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Right again!

The radio has been saying for weeks that masks only protect the people
who are not wearing them, and a mask wearer is protected by others'
wearing masks.

And I posted here a few days ago that I didn't believe that.

Tonight on a radio show where they give 4 different doctors 15 minutes
each to answer questions one of the said the N95 masks, like I have,
work in both directions, and the other masks work only outbound.

Right again!

Of course one should still stay 6 feet away. I guess oral spray goes 3
or 4 feet and the next 2 feet are the safety zone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote:

Tonight on a radio show where they give 4 different doctors 15 minutes
each to answer questions one of the said the N95 masks, like I have,
work in both directions, and the other masks work only outbound.

The other masks also work in both directions if everybody uses them.
Herd strategy.

--
Eradicate SARS-CoV-2
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Neill Massello" wrote in message
.. .
micky wrote:

Tonight on a radio show where they give 4 different doctors 15 minutes
each to answer questions one of the said the N95 masks, like I have,
work in both directions, and the other masks work only outbound.

The other masks also work in both directions if everybody uses them.

No they don’t and singapore proves that.

Herd strategy.

Fraid not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 14 May 2020 15:32:23 +1000, Rcantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky formulated on Wednesday :
The radio has been saying for weeks that masks only protect the people
who are not wearing them, and a mask wearer is protected by others'
wearing masks.

And I posted here a few days ago that I didn't believe that.

Tonight on a radio show where they give 4 different doctors 15 minutes
each to answer questions one of the said the N95 masks, like I have,
work in both directions, and the other masks work only outbound.

Right again!

They work better inbound than outbound.

The mask worn by the reporter whom Yamiche Alcindor deferred to (which
prompted King Trump to walk away from the podium) only worked one way -
inbound. She was wearing the wrong kind of mask. Then, she dropped it
down to her chin (so she could make his comment more obviously racist)
making it even less effective at protecting anybody.

Of course one should still stay 6 feet away. I guess oral spray goes 3
or 4 feet and the next 2 feet are the safety zone.

It's all about probabilities, not absolutes. Just because they don't
work perfectly does not mean they are not effective.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 6:28:35 AM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
[...]

Don't confuse Trump and the trumpets with basic math and science.
They obviously can't understand probabilities. Even worse, Trump the
moron looks at an event and draws exactly the wrong conclusion.
A WH staffer tests positive, is quarantined, prevented it from spreading
in the WH and possibly killing Trump. Trump conclusion from that is that
testing doesn't work, because she was negative until the test showed she
was positive. Like Tillerson said, he's a f**** moron.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 14 May 2020 06:28:32 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

The mask worn by the reporter whom Yamiche Alcindor deferred to (which
prompted King Trump to walk away from the podium) only worked one way -
inbound. She was wearing the wrong kind of mask. Then, she dropped it
down to her chin (so she could make his comment more obviously racist)
making it even less effective at protecting anybody.

Unless there were two stories involving her, this sounds familiar.
Could you give me one or two more keywords so I can find it online.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The mask worn by the reporter whom Yamiche Alcindor deferred to (which
prompted King Trump to walk away from the podium) only worked one way -
inbound. She was wearing the wrong kind of mask. Then, she dropped it
down to her chin (so she could make his comment more obviously racist)
making it even less effective at protecting anybody.

Unless there were two stories involving her, this sounds familiar.
Could you give me one or two more keywords so I can find it online.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...reporters.html

I haven't re-watched it, but as I recall the reporter wore her mask as
she asked the question. Trump said "Ask China" because like some here
he wants to play the blame game on China. The reporter lowered her mask
and asked why he said "Ask China" (perhaps attempting to play the
'you're a racist card' because she appears to be of asian descent) and
Trump went to the next questioner Yamiche Alcindor.

Yamiche Alcindor effectively re-asked that same question by deferring
to the former reporter's question which she then repeated. Trump,
walked off disgusted at the atmosphere created by the press - as he
often does.

He wishes it was "His press" and they would only tell his lies. Those
reporters deserve our respect for standing up to his bullying.

Why China? Deflection, because he needs another diversion.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Minor correction - that second reporter was CNN's Kaitlan Collins rather
than Yamiche Alcindor from PBS/NBC/MSNBC, and her contribution was
essentially "But you called on me", which seemed to **** off Trump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/13/2020 8:04 PM, micky wrote:
The radio has been saying for weeks that masks only protect the people
who are not wearing them, and a mask wearer is protected by others'
wearing masks.

And I posted here a few days ago that I didn't believe that.

Tonight on a radio show where they give 4 different doctors 15 minutes
each to answer questions one of the said the N95 masks, like I have,
work in both directions, and the other masks work only outbound.

Right again!

Of course one should still stay 6 feet away. I guess oral spray goes 3
or 4 feet and the next 2 feet are the safety zone.

"We need universal masking. China gives the earliest preview of a
reopened society after a harsh wave of the virus. And while the Chinese
Communist Party has not been honest about its coronavirus handling,
Chinese doctors and citizens have largely been transparent. I recently
called some prominent Chinese doctors to ask why they believe the
infection is being controlled in most of their country. In their
clinical judgment, they believe the main reason is universal masking.

Ive worn a mask most of my adult life as a surgeon, and I had been
skeptical that masks would play a large role in fighting this pandemic.
Most masks dont have the seal and filtration to protect us from
inhaling the coronavirus. But thats not the only way they work. Masks
reduce aerosolized droplet transmission to others and to surfaces that
others may touch. They protect your mouth and nose from the droplets of
others, and they prevent you from touching your nose and mouth."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/o...3e91b65130eb97

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

With trump, it is ALWAYS somebody else's fault. HE has NEVER accepted
responsibility for anything he has done wrong.

He has had unlimited cases where he should have.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The mask worn by the reporter whom Yamiche Alcindor deferred to (which
prompted King Trump to walk away from the podium) only worked one way -
inbound. She was wearing the wrong kind of mask. Then, she dropped it
down to her chin (so she could make his comment more obviously racist)
making it even less effective at protecting anybody.

Unless there were two stories involving her, this sounds familiar.
Could you give me one or two more keywords so I can find it online.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...reporters.html

You got me an actual link. That's great. Thanks.

This is a new one for me, not the one I was vaguely thinking of.

I've been listening to and now watching Rick Bright testify before the
House. That seems to be wrapping up (though I may use C-span.org to
play parts I slept through (Up all nitght to go to the grocery at 6AM.)

I haven't re-watched it, but as I recall the reporter wore her mask as
she asked the question. Trump said "Ask China" because like some here
he wants to play the blame game on China. The reporter lowered her mask
and asked why he said "Ask China" (perhaps attempting to play the
'you're a racist card' because she appears to be of asian descent) and
Trump went to the next questioner Yamiche Alcindor.

Yamiche Alcindor effectively re-asked that same question by deferring
to the former reporter's question which she then repeated. Trump,
walked off disgusted at the atmosphere created by the press - as he
often does.

He wishes it was "His press" and they would only tell his lies. Those
reporters deserve our respect for standing up to his bullying.

For sure.

Why China? Deflection, because he needs another diversion.

Minor correction - that second reporter was CNN's Kaitlan Collins rather
than Yamiche Alcindor from PBS/NBC/MSNBC, and her contribution was
essentially "But you called on me", which seemed to **** off Trump.

Now it sounds even more interesting.
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky laid this down on his screen :

wrote:

[...]

I was watching PBS at the time, so maybe I confused the story with the
story about the story.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The mask worn by the reporter whom Yamiche Alcindor deferred to (which
prompted King Trump to walk away from the podium) only worked one way -
inbound. She was wearing the wrong kind of mask. Then, she dropped it
down to her chin (so she could make his comment more obviously racist)
making it even less effective at protecting anybody.

Unless there were two stories involving her, this sounds familiar.
Could you give me one or two more keywords so I can find it online.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...reporters.html

You got me an actual link. That's great. Thanks.

This is a new one for me, not the one I was vaguely thinking of.

Argh, it was arrogant of me to assume that there is only one such
situation.

[...]

Only if you like Presidential meltdowns. Losing control of the situation,
he turns and walks away. There's something about women and Trump, Trump and
women, when they don't sit down and shut up like he'd like them to.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 14 May 2020 14:55:16 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

Minor correction - that second reporter was CNN's Kaitlan Collins rather
than Yamiche Alcindor from PBS/NBC/MSNBC, and her contribution was
essentially "But you called on me", which seemed to **** off Trump.

Now it sounds even more interesting.

I was watching PBS at the time, so maybe I confused the story with the
story about the story.

Usually when I eat, I read the newspaper and watch tv, westerns or
sitcoms, and I often confuse the news story with the tv story. IIRC
sometimes I confuse the TV story with my own life.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

The mask worn by the reporter whom Yamiche Alcindor deferred to (which
prompted King Trump to walk away from the podium) only worked one way -
inbound. She was wearing the wrong kind of mask. Then, she dropped it
down to her chin (so she could make his comment more obviously racist)
making it even less effective at protecting anybody.

Unless there were two stories involving her, this sounds familiar.
Could you give me one or two more keywords so I can find it online.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...reporters.html

You got me an actual link. That's great. Thanks.

This is a new one for me, not the one I was vaguely thinking of.

Argh, it was arrogant of me to assume that there is only one such
situation.

You didn't do anything. And you knew what Rafters was talking about so
it's normal to think I did too.

[...]

I don't like it but it's interesting. I'm still young and optiomistic
enough to think the US will be able to undo all the dmage trump has done
but Biden has a point that another 4 years might make it impossible.

he turns and walks away. There's something about women and Trump, Trump and
women, when they don't sit down and shut up like he'd like them to.

Yep.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

As the first president in years not to have a dog, who does he blame
when he farts???
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I remember some analysis from the 2016 Presidential debates where Hillary
was questioning her handlers on whether she should treat Trump like a male
would treat him, or if that would make her seem bitchy to the American
people. That's a question that shouldn't even need to be asked in this day
and age, but it's still an issue. I think what we know now is that she
could have very easily pushed him around if she had been more assertive.

That was then, this is now. It's heartening to see some of the women in
Trump's orbit taking that lesson to heart and standing up to him. When they
do, he withers very quickly, showing just how weak he is. I hope to see
much more of that in the coming months.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Well, Biden has said he will pick a woman for VP

The VP candidate is usually the hatchet man in political camplaign, so
it remains to be see if she will take that role and how it will go over.

If she takes on the role**, I'm sure Republicans will be screaming that
she's not a lady, but that might cost them even more women voters.

If she doesn't, I suppose some man could travel with her, or they could
rely on TV commercials. They need commercials for sure because there
are so many videos of trumping calling the vius a hoax, etc. etc.

Personally I would bring up all his bad behviour going back to 2016,
attacking McCain, the Gold Star parents... I've never understood why
once a scandal or a disgrace has been discussed for a year or so, it's
basically not brought up again.

I guess the notion is that the voters ratified all previously discussed
bad behaviour when they elected someone, but that's not how it works. A
majority, maybe a thin majority thought it was not reason to vote
against someone, but the voter breakdown is different the next time and
voters need to be reminded what is wrong with the guy in office.

**Only some women are capable of being an attack dog. There are
several Republican women who already are, but so far, Democrats have
acted mostly like ladies. Of course I didnt' follow their campaigns
closely.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

But its far from clear that those who elected him care.

**Only some women are capable of being an attack dog.

And its far from clear what the voters think of the ones that are like
Pelosi.

There are several Republican women who already are,
but so far, Democrats have acted mostly like ladies.

Pelosi and Hitlary don't.

Of course I didnt' follow their campaigns closely.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 15 May 2020 15:56:02 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

There are several Republican women who already are,
but so far, Democrats have acted mostly like ladies.

Pelosi and Hitlary don't.

I wrote what's below the dotted line before I looked closely at the line
above.

You look like a stupid cold-blooded dirtball when you compare a woman
whose only fault is that you disagree with her politics, a woman who is
apparently a good Christian and who at worst is a mediocre Christian,
with a piece of dung who is reponsible for the deaths of 20 million
people including the cold blooded murder of more than 6 million innocent
civilians.

I don't want to think you are what you look like now. How about
retracting and apologizing.

--
Sure they do. As said earlier in the thread, that's part of the reason
Hillary lost. You have to compare them with real attack dogs
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky wrote
Rod Speed wrote
micky wrote

There are several Republican women who already are,
but so far, Democrats have acted mostly like ladies.

Pelosi and Hitlary don't.

I wrote what's below the dotted line before I looked closely at the line
above.

You look like a stupid cold-blooded dirtball when you compare
a woman whose only fault is that you disagree with her politics,

I don't in fact disagree with her politics. I was JUST commenting
on her attack dog approach in both cases.

Maggie Thatcher was in fact one of the most aggressive
woman attack dogs the world has ever seen and I happen
to agree with most of her policys except the poll tax.

a woman who is apparently a good Christian
and who at worst is a mediocre Christian,

All completely irrelevant to her attack dog approach.

with a piece of dung who is reponsible for the deaths
of 20 million people including the cold blooded
murder of more than 6 million innocent civilians.

I wasn't in fact comparing either with anyone,
just commenting on their attack dog approach.

I don't want to think you are what you look like
now. How about retracting and apologizing.

You are the one that needs to do that.

Sure they do. As said earlier in the thread,
that's part of the reason Hillary lost.

Nope, nothing to do with that.

You have to compare them with real attack dogs

There are no other women attack dogs in US politics.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 15:56:02 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

What are you now quarrelling about again, senile asshole? Eh?

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 15 May 2020 16:45:27 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I saw that. None are campaigning harder for the job than Stacey Abrams.

The VP candidate is usually the hatchet man in political camplaign, so
it remains to be see if she will take that role and how it will go over.

If she takes on the role**, I'm sure Republicans will be screaming that
she's not a lady, but that might cost them even more women voters.

It's weird, but I've sometimes seen that women can be the harshest critics
of other women. Everything from hair and makeup, the way she walks and
talks, even the clothes she wears. Men have it much easier. Shave your
beard and mustache and put on a suit. Done.

If she doesn't, I suppose some man could travel with her, or they could
rely on TV commercials. They need commercials for sure because there
are so many videos of trumping calling the vius a hoax, etc. etc.

Personally I would bring up all his bad behviour going back to 2016,
attacking McCain, the Gold Star parents... I've never understood why
once a scandal or a disgrace has been discussed for a year or so, it's
basically not brought up again.

In a normal case, you'd have a point. With Trump, though, it's a new
scandal every day, with most days having a selection of new scandals from
which to choose. It's constant overload. Tell voters about a scandal from a
few years ago? Hell, you could take your pick from the scandals that
happened in the last few days. It's like drinking from a fire hose. It
doesn't take long before folks just tune out.

Of course, Trump uses scandals to his advantage. Every time one of them
starts to resonate a bit, he dumps a few new ones to distract us. It works.

I guess the notion is that the voters ratified all previously discussed
bad behaviour when they elected someone, but that's not how it works. A
majority, maybe a thin majority thought it was not reason to vote
against someone, but the voter breakdown is different the next time and
voters need to be reminded what is wrong with the guy in office.

I'm trying to picture how it would work if every scandal remained in play.
You'd have a TV commercial with a never ending scroll, or perhaps a giant
spinning wheel and the announcer goes into a bit of detail where the wheel
stops. Or put them all on scraps of paper and draw from a giant fish bowl,
or assign a number to them and get a machine that randomly selects a
numbered ball. They'd explain the scandal that matches the number. It's an
embarrassment of riches with the guy this incompetent, this much of a
crook.

**Only some women are capable of being an attack dog. There are
several Republican women who already are, but so far, Democrats have
acted mostly like ladies. Of course I didnt' follow their campaigns
closely.

Pelosi is much better at playing the game of politics than 99% of the men
in Congress, and look how much **** she gets on a regular basis. Whoever
Biden picks, she better have a thick skin.