Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Right again!

micky laid this down on his screen :
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 14 May 2020 10:39:54 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Thu, 14 May 2020 09:16:00 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

micky wrote :
In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 14 May 2020 06:28:32 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

The mask worn by the reporter whom Yamiche Alcindor deferred to (which
prompted King Trump to walk away from the podium) only worked one way -
inbound. She was wearing the wrong kind of mask. Then, she dropped it
down to her chin (so she could make his comment more obviously racist)
making it even less effective at protecting anybody.

Unless there were two stories involving her, this sounds familiar.
Could you give me one or two more keywords so I can find it online.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...reporters.html

You got me an actual link. That's great. Thanks.

This is a new one for me, not the one I was vaguely thinking of.

I've been listening to and now watching Rick Bright testify before the
House. That seems to be wrapping up (though I may use C-span.org to
play parts I slept through (Up all nitght to go to the grocery at 6AM.)

I haven't re-watched it, but as I recall the reporter wore her mask as
she asked the question. Trump said "Ask China" because like some here
he wants to play the blame game on China. The reporter lowered her mask
and asked why he said "Ask China" (perhaps attempting to play the
'you're a racist card' because she appears to be of asian descent) and
Trump went to the next questioner Yamiche Alcindor.

Yamiche Alcindor effectively re-asked that same question by deferring
to the former reporter's question which she then repeated. Trump,
walked off disgusted at the atmosphere created by the press - as he
often does.

He wishes it was "His press" and they would only tell his lies. Those
reporters deserve our respect for standing up to his bullying.

For sure.

Why China? Deflection, because he needs another diversion.

Minor correction - that second reporter was CNN's Kaitlan Collins rather
than Yamiche Alcindor from PBS/NBC/MSNBC, and her contribution was
essentially "But you called on me", which seemed to **** off Trump.

Now it sounds even more interesting.

I was watching PBS at the time, so maybe I confused the story with the
story about the story.