Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Right again!

On 5/13/2020 8:04 PM, micky wrote:
The radio has been saying for weeks that masks only protect the people
who are not wearing them, and a mask wearer is protected by others'
wearing masks.

And I posted here a few days ago that I didn't believe that.

Tonight on a radio show where they give 4 different doctors 15 minutes
each to answer questions one of the said the N95 masks, like I have,
work in both directions, and the other masks work only outbound.

Right again!

Of course one should still stay 6 feet away. I guess oral spray goes 3
or 4 feet and the next 2 feet are the safety zone.

"We need universal masking. China gives the earliest preview of a
reopened society after a harsh wave of the virus. And while the Chinese
Communist Party has not been honest about its coronavirus handling,
Chinese doctors and citizens have largely been transparent. I recently
called some prominent Chinese doctors to ask why they believe the
infection is being controlled in most of their country. In their
clinical judgment, they believe the main reason is universal masking.

Ive worn a mask most of my adult life as a surgeon, and I had been
skeptical that masks would play a large role in fighting this pandemic.
Most masks dont have the seal and filtration to protect us from
inhaling the coronavirus. But thats not the only way they work. Masks
reduce aerosolized droplet transmission to others and to surfaces that
others may touch. They protect your mouth and nose from the droplets of
others, and they prevent you from touching your nose and mouth."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/o...3e91b65130eb97