Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cable modem dropping telephone calls

My landline phone is by a cable box. I get the internet and phone by
it. Could get TV but use Direct TV.

About once a week when I am on the phone the service breaks up so bad
that we can not use the phone. If I pull the power plug and then put it
back in we are good for another week or so.

The internet does not seem to be affected and works very well at over
200 mbps or whatever .

I am going to take the box back to the Spectrum prople once the virus
scare is over and ask for another one.

Has anyone else noticed this problem ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/1/20 10:32 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

My landline phone is by a cable box. I get the internet and phone by
it. Could get TV but use Direct TV.

About once a week when I am on the phone the service breaks up so bad
that we can not use the phone. If I pull the power plug and then put it
back in we are good for another week or so.

The internet does not seem to be affected and works very well at over
200 mbps or whatever .

I am going to take the box back to the Spectrum prople once the virus
scare is over and ask for another one.

Has anyone else noticed this problem ?

Oh, I think it's part of a generalized low-level hinkiness seen across
many large scale systems caused by so many folks working from home-
systems engineers, techies, etc.- with only skeleton crews on hand in
many central facilities.

It's a credit to all of them- and the underlying technology- that things
are working as well as they are.

Keep the faith. When things simmer down, all will go back to normal...

--
I hope everybody is enjoying their 60 day free trial of communism.
- @ TimKennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 May 2020 12:46:31 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

[...]

Never had a problem with my OOMA
Posted to alt.home.repair

Wade Garrett wrote:

Oh, I think it's part of a generalized low-level hinkiness seen across
many large scale systems caused by so many folks working from home-
systems engineers, techies, etc.- with only skeleton crews on hand in
many central facilities.

It's a credit to all of them- and the underlying technology- that things
are working as well as they are.

The Internet has truly come of age. It is now clearly indispensable and
has achieved reliability close if not equal to that of the old (POTS)
telephone system. Now if we just had politicians who would use it inform
themselves rather than just for propaganda purposes.

--
Eradicate SARS-CoV-2