Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default cable modem dropping telephone calls

On 5/1/20 3:11 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

Oh, I think it's part of a generalized low-level hinkiness seen across
many large scale systems caused by so many folks working from home-
systems engineers, techies, etc.- with only skeleton crews on hand in
many central facilities.

It's a credit to all of them- and the underlying technology- that things
are working as well as they are.

Keep the faith. When things simmer down, all will go back to normal...

I don't think it is the increase in usage of the internet. This started
before Christmas. We don't use the land line that much so has not been
much of a problem. However now that the virus started up and our
children do not visit that much now we are starting to use the land line
more and it is getting to be more of a problem than a slight annoiance.

I wasn't clear enough in my post.

The problem isn't so much increased traffic due to folks working from
home- but that the engineers, QC folks and systems people are working
from home rather than being in the office/data centers. I think this is
what's reducing overall reliability and performance.

--
I hope everybody is enjoying their 60 day free trial of communism.
- @ TimKennedy