Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Space heater reluctant pushbuttons

I have a space heater and the operating buttons require many pushes before
they work. Anything I can do without tearing it apart? I hate to junk it as
it otherwise works quite well. Perhaps a switch lubricant I can squirt into
the button through the its edge separation?

Probably hopeless but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 12:27:43 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
I have a space heater and the operating buttons require many pushes before
they work. Anything I can do without tearing it apart? I hate to junk it as
it otherwise works quite well. Perhaps a switch lubricant I can squirt into
the button through the its edge separation?

Probably hopeless but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

TIA

IDK, but a related concern is safety. When switches go bad the contact
resistance can increase, creating heat and a fire hazard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote in
:

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 12:27:43 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
I have a space heater and the operating buttons require many pushes
before they work. Anything I can do without tearing it apart? I hate
to junk it as it otherwise works quite well. Perhaps a switch
lubricant I can squirt into the button through the its edge
separation?

Probably hopeless but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

TIA

IDK, but a related concern is safety. When switches go bad the
contact resistance can increase, creating heat and a fire hazard.

Guess it's time to buy a new one. Just checked Amazon - ~$25 Could be
worse.

Thanks for heads up.