Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Space heater reluctant pushbuttons

On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 12:27:43 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
I have a space heater and the operating buttons require many pushes before
they work. Anything I can do without tearing it apart? I hate to junk it as
it otherwise works quite well. Perhaps a switch lubricant I can squirt into
the button through the its edge separation?

Probably hopeless but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

TIA

IDK, but a related concern is safety. When switches go bad the contact
resistance can increase, creating heat and a fire hazard.