Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cold water faucet handle turning the wrong way since repair

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 00:44:04 GMT, learning2DIY
m wrote:

We have a dripping bathroom sink faucet which we repaired by replacing the
stem and washer inside the cold water handle. This stops the dripping,
however since this repair, turning handle clockwise turns water off, and
turning it counterclockwise turns it on, (the way one would expect for the
hot water faucet, but not the cold. ) The replacement stem/ washer
product label says that it is for hot and cold stems, however it seems set up
for the hot and I do not see any other way to insert it. Any tips or
insights?

On some you need to remove a clup, turn half a turn and reinstall the
clip.

What make daucet, and what part number replacement part?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Fri, 03 Jan 2020 23:03:29 -0500, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

What make daucet, and what part number replacement part?

lowbrowman, you need your stupid cocksucking senile head replaced! Ask those
in your neighbourhood, they will tell you the same, you degenerate Yankie
idiot!
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

We have a dripping bathroom sink faucet which we repaired by replacing the
stem and washer inside the cold water handle. This stops the dripping,
however since this repair, turning handle clockwise turns water off, and
turning it counterclockwise turns it on, (the way one would expect for the
hot water faucet, but not the cold. ) The replacement stem/ washer
product label says that it is for hot and cold stems, however it seems set up
for the hot and I do not see any other way to insert it. Any tips or
insights?

On some you need to remove a clup, turn half a turn and reinstall the
clip.

What make daucet, and what part number replacement part?

If he's talking about a cartridge, they can go either way. Rotate it 180
degrees. I've got a faucet that turns the 'wrong' way but it never
annoyed me enough to bother turning the water off and switching it.