Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Florida stand your ground case conviction.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 07:06:13 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 10:17:05 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/26/2019 7:29 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 10:42:55 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 11:29:28 AM UTC-4,
wrote:

Political bull**** snipped

The guy was fighting with the cops.
Should they have bought him a cake?

The guy never punched a cop, never hit a cop, he had no weapons,
he just struggled, refused to be handcuffed and they took him down.
At that point he was face down, several cops were on top of him,
he was no serious threat at that point. And if you, along with a
couple of other cops, can't restrain a guy like that
and deal with him without violating dept policy and using a deadly
chokehold, you should find another job. Now he will.

How long was he supposed to be allowed to "struggle" with police
before he stops the CRIME of resisting arrest?

This was a crime in progress by the biggest guy there who was not
going quietly. In the end he did tho. Mission accomplished.
I hope the cop finds a better job where they don't buy cake for
criminals to get them in the wagon.

Yeah, seems there was a very easy way to prevent this death. Comply and
figure it out later. If there is one of you and two, three, or four of
them, do you think you will win? Maybe he figured the cops would just
say "this guy is really tough, lets just let him go".

This happens all the time. Who knows what any of them are thinking.
I would guess it's more that they are mad, think the cops are unfairly
busting their chops and choose not to cooperate.

I like watching Live PD (A & E network) on weekends. Amazing how
criminals or suspects make it much more difficult that it has to be.

I agree. It still doesn't give a cop the right to ignore the police dept's
rule that bans chokeholds. And as resisting arrest goes, what Garner was
doing was at the lower end of the spectrum. He was unarmed, he didn't
swing at any of the cops. He was just tussling around, making it hard for
then to handcuff him. If they can't handle that, with several cops on top
of him, without using a banned chokehold, they shouldn't be cops. Did
you ever see a cop on one of those shows use a chokehold on someone just
doing what Garner was doing, on the ground, several cops on him? I can't recall seeing a chokehold used period, maybe because they are banned in
many places and most cops are more responsible.

IT WASN'T the BANNED CHOKE HOLD.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

If you bothered to read the cite I provided, (the one you called "political BS) from the NYC police chief
when they instituted the no chokehold policy, he clearly said that the
ban covers ALL CHOKEHOLDS, there is no differentiation, that NONE
are permitted. For people like you that won't read or listen,
he added "stay away from the neck". Dealing with you at times is what
it must be like dealing with Trump.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The head of police training in NYC, who testified under oath,
says otherwise:

The NYPDs head of training at the Police Academy testified on Tuesday that Officer Daniel Pantaleo was never trained to use a seatbelt hold, contradicting claims by the cops lawyer during his departmental trial for the death of Eric Garner.

After watching video evidence, Inspector Richard Dee, commanding officer of recruit training in the NYPD, said the position Pantaleo had when he wrapped his hand around Garners neck €śmeets the definition of a chokehold." Dee said Pantaleo was repeatedly instructed not to use the chokehold that led to Garners death as he was arrested on Staten Island on July 17, 2014.
Dee added that the prohibition of chokeholds is repeatedly highlighted in training documents in bold and capitalized text. The ban is referenced in writing and in class demonstrations.

Dee said that if he was in Pantaleos shoes he would have waited for backup, and that Pantaleo had several alternative courses of action before wrapping his arm around Garners neck.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

That was monday morning quarter backing by a politician covering his
ass. At the time cops were saying it was the sleeper hold that was
banned. It is pretty hard to take down a much larger man and not touch
his neck unless you just shoot him or beat him with batons.

BTW why didn't the supervisor do anything? She was right there
cheering him on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Thank you for proving that you don't even look at the facts, at the cites
I provided. What I provided was from the early 90s, when the PD in
NYC put in place the ban on chokeholds. For good reason, there were
already a number of needless deaths, like Eric Garner, and the PD,
like many PDs across the country, acted. It wasn't specific to the
Garner case, it clearly wasn't Monday morning quarterbacking, because
it was BEFORE the Garner incident. As for Monday morning quarterbacking,
you;re the expert there.

At the time cops were saying it was the sleeper hold that was
banned. It is pretty hard to take down a much larger man and not touch
his neck unless you just shoot him or beat him with batons.

Not with 4 trained cops. Responsible cops that follow the rules do
it all the time.

BTW why didn't the supervisor do anything? She was right there
cheering him on.

That's another lie, unless you can show us evidence that she was,
in fact, cheering him on. You're just like Trump, you just lie and
make whatever up that helps your case, no matter how wrong it is.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I know what they were telling the cops not to do and it was definitely
the sleeper hold. This is from way more than one cop and I knew plenty
of them. The deaths were because they were crushing the corotid and
the brain was starving for oxygen. .
Are you seriously going to say you never saw a video of a cop grabbing
someone around the neck in an arrest?
How else are you going to grab a guy who is bigger around than your
arms reach?

You still keep ignoring the fact that this guy was resisting arrest
and daring them to do anything about it

How would you have dealt with it? Just give him a cake and send him on
his way?

At the time cops were saying it was the sleeper hold that was
banned. It is pretty hard to take down a much larger man and not touch
his neck unless you just shoot him or beat him with batons.

Not with 4 trained cops. Responsible cops that follow the rules do
it all the time.

BTW why didn't the supervisor do anything? She was right there
cheering him on.

That's another lie, unless you can show us evidence that she was,
in fact, cheering him on. You're just like Trump, you just lie and
make whatever up that helps your case, no matter how wrong it is.

Did you watch the same video I did?
She was just standing there encouraging the cop to get this taken care
of. I didn't see anyone trying to stop the way he was holding Garner.
It didn't even come up until a day or two later. The neck hold is not
what killed him, it was the struggle and his lousy health.