Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drones: First arrest and conviction of a farmer

Lakota, N.D.

"...The unusual case attracted wide attention because Nelson County
Sheriff Kelly Janke took up the U.S. Border Patrol's offer of live
video surveillance from a large drone of Brossart's three sons before
arresting them at their farm southeast of Lakota the day after he was
arrested."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/lakota-nd-farmer-sentenced-6-months-terrorizing-case
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2014 5:32 PM, Oren wrote:
Lakota, N.D.

"...The unusual case attracted wide attention because Nelson County
Sheriff Kelly Janke took up the U.S. Border Patrol's offer of live
video surveillance from a large drone of Brossart's three sons before
arresting them at their farm southeast of Lakota the day after he was
arrested."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/lakota-nd-farmer-sentenced-6-months-terrorizing-case

Drones can be good for some things
http://images.smh.com.au/2013/04/27/...e3-620x349.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/29/2014 5:32 PM, Oren wrote:
Lakota, N.D.

"...The unusual case attracted wide attention because Nelson County
Sheriff Kelly Janke took up the U.S. Border Patrol's offer of live
video surveillance from a large drone of Brossart's three sons before
arresting them at their farm southeast of Lakota the day after he was
arrested."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/lakota-nd-farmer-sentenced-6-months-terrorizing-case

From what I read in the story, these were folks who
didn't get along well with the neighbors or the law.
The law finally pushed a bit harder in response to
the defiance. How many people do we know who carry
firearms while resisting law enforcement?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:02:36 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/29/2014 5:32 PM, Oren wrote:
Lakota, N.D.

"...The unusual case attracted wide attention because Nelson County
Sheriff Kelly Janke took up the U.S. Border Patrol's offer of live
video surveillance from a large drone of Brossart's three sons before
arresting them at their farm southeast of Lakota the day after he was
arrested."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/lakota-nd-farmer-sentenced-6-months-terrorizing-case

From what I read in the story, these were folks who
didn't get along well with the neighbors or the law.
The law finally pushed a bit harder in response to
the defiance. How many people do we know who carry
firearms while resisting law enforcement?

I agree that confronting LEO is insidious. It could have turned in
another Waco event or a Ruby Ridge incident.

Missing in the story is that drones are controlled by the CIA and the
military. My interest is _why_ did DHS authorize the drone
surveillance in the first place? Who authorized it. This is a matter
for local law enforcement; not a drone from the government over some
cattle rustling or perceived theft.

Recall when POTUS got involved with local LEO about the professor on
his front porch, entering his house, and was arrested? POTUS over
stepped his bound? Turned into the "beer summit".
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 1/29/2014 5:32 PM, Oren wrote:
Lakota, N.D.

"...The unusual case attracted wide attention because Nelson County
Sheriff Kelly Janke took up the U.S. Border Patrol's offer of live
video surveillance from a large drone of Brossart's three sons before
arresting them at their farm southeast of Lakota the day after he was
arrested."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/lakota-nd-farmer-sentenced-6-months-terrorizing-case

From what I read in the story, these were folks who
didn't get along well with the neighbors or the law.
The law finally pushed a bit harder in response to
the defiance. How many people do we know who carry
firearms while resisting law enforcement?

I don't think we've heard the end of this. They are so disliked the
neighbors opposed probation because they coudl still carry guns.

And the defendants wanted the trial moved to another district, where
people didn't dislike them so much.

And his past record of lots of trouble.

So the probation is for 3 years and then I guess they'll start carrying
their guns again, and the humility expressed at sentencing may have
evaporated. So in another 4 or 5 years, there may be more trouble. Plus
the sons have another 50 or more years to cause trouble.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:01:02 -0500, Meanie
wrote:

On 1/29/2014 5:32 PM, Oren wrote:
Lakota, N.D.

"...The unusual case attracted wide attention because Nelson County
Sheriff Kelly Janke took up the U.S. Border Patrol's offer of live
video surveillance from a large drone of Brossart's three sons before
arresting them at their farm southeast of Lakota the day after he was
arrested."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/content/lakota-nd-farmer-sentenced-6-months-terrorizing-case

Drones can be good for some things
http://images.smh.com.au/2013/04/27/...e3-620x349.jpg

And others, at least until the government interferes.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2...Drone-Delivery

Almost Half Of All Americans Support Domestic Surveillance Drones Major Drone Home Repair 33 October 1st 12 07:21 PM
OT Drones, or unmanned aircraft micky Home Repair 10 February 23rd 12 04:52 PM
OT EU Arrest warrents harry UK diy 2 August 22nd 10 06:06 PM
30 new drones Ed Huntress Metalworking 4 March 1st 10 02:09 PM
O/T The farmer was right after all Lew Hodgett[_2_] Woodworking 1 August 1st 08 05:55 PM