Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Getting product out of spray can

I have a can of medical creme that I can't get out of the can. Evidently no
pressure. If I press the top down as far as it will go all I get is a drop
or two dribbling down side of can. Shaking can doesn't help. Email to
product maker several hours ago unanswered.

Paid $17 for this stuff! Any suggestions? Probably hopeless - all I can
hope for is product maker (Biolab) to replace it?

TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 1:57:01 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
I have a can of medical creme that I can't get out of the can. Evidently no
pressure. If I press the top down as far as it will go all I get is a drop
or two dribbling down side of can. Shaking can doesn't help. Email to
product maker several hours ago unanswered.

Paid $17 for this stuff! Any suggestions? Probably hopeless - all I can
hope for is product maker (Biolab) to replace it?

TIA

It probably has no propellant. Did you try pulling the spray top off
and cleaning it? I'd soak it in some hot water, could blow it out with
an air hose if you have one. You can probably verify it's a propellant
issue by putting the can in some warm water. If more flows out when
it's warm, likely it just has no propellant. I'd think the company
would help out, send you another one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/10/2019 1:56 PM, KenK wrote:
I have a can of medical creme that I can't get out of the can. Evidently no
pressure. If I press the top down as far as it will go all I get is a drop
or two dribbling down side of can. Shaking can doesn't help. Email to
product maker several hours ago unanswered.

Paid $17 for this stuff! Any suggestions? Probably hopeless - all I can
hope for is product maker (Biolab) to replace it?

TIA

With no pressure, I'd either drill a hole or whack it with a chisel and
hammer. At $17 I'd get it out somehow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 2:13:28 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/10/2019 1:56 PM, KenK wrote:
I have a can of medical creme that I can't get out of the can. Evidently no
pressure. If I press the top down as far as it will go all I get is a drop
or two dribbling down side of can. Shaking can doesn't help. Email to
product maker several hours ago unanswered.

Paid $17 for this stuff! Any suggestions? Probably hopeless - all I can
hope for is product maker (Biolab) to replace it?

TIA

With no pressure, I'd either drill a hole or whack it with a chisel and
hammer. At $17 I'd get it out somehow.

The question of course is how you can be sure it has no pressure?
I guess even if it does, if you put on eye protection and drove a
nail into it with a hammer outside, you might make a mess, but it's
not going to explode.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cut and dump or spend another 17. I would buy new or exchange for new.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/10/2019 1:56 PM, KenK wrote:
I have a can of medical creme that I can't get out of the can. Evidently no
pressure. If I press the top down as far as it will go all I get is a drop
or two dribbling down side of can. Shaking can doesn't help. Email to
product maker several hours ago unanswered.

Paid $17 for this stuff! Any suggestions? Probably hopeless - all I can
hope for is product maker (Biolab) to replace it?

TIA

With no pressure, I'd either drill a hole or whack it with a chisel and
hammer. At $17 I'd get it out somehow.

The question of course is how you can be sure it has no pressure?
I guess even if it does, if you put on eye protection and drove a
nail into it with a hammer outside, you might make a mess, but it's
not going to explode.

You need one of these
https://cdnimg.webstaurantstore.com/...339/624513.jpg
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on 10 Jun 2019 17:56:56 GMT, KenK
wrote:

I have a can of medical creme that I can't get out of the can. Evidently no
pressure. If I press the top down as far as it will go all I get is a drop
or two dribbling down side of can. Shaking can doesn't help. Email to
product maker several hours ago unanswered.

Paid $17 for this stuff! Any suggestions? Probably hopeless - all I can
hope for is product maker (Biolab) to replace it?

TIA

I think the drugstore you bought it at would exchange it for a good one.

Any good store, even not a drug store, will take your word that you
bought it recently and didn't use much**. Especially if they can feel
the stuff inside bouncing around when they shake the can.

**If the receipt is not avaialbe, a good reason for charging things.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/10/2019 1:56 PM, KenK wrote:
[...]

Wont work with most spray cans. A dremel will.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:23:51 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Wont work with most spray cans. A dremel will.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you abnormal senile pest?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Jun 2019 17:56:56 GMT, KenK wrote:

I have a can of medical creme that I can't get out of the can. Evidently no
pressure. If I press the top down as far as it will go all I get is a drop
or two dribbling down side of can. Shaking can doesn't help. Email to
product maker several hours ago unanswered.

Paid $17 for this stuff! Any suggestions? Probably hopeless - all I can
hope for is product maker (Biolab) to replace it?

TIA

IF you are sure the pressure is gone, just cut the can open. If not
sure, freeze it first - then cut the top or bottom out of the can.
Removing the bottom with a side-cutting can opener is easiest.