Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pole Transformer Glowing Red

replying to jw, Akstarrett wrote:
I saw something like this today on my way to school. It was early morning,
light enough out to see clearly, and I saw a transformer on a utility pole
glowing orange. This transformer (I don't know what type) has several of these
fins that stuck out of the cylindrical base. The fins themselves were
what we're glowing orange. I've been searching the internet for an example,
but I can't seem to find one. I wondered if the lines were overloaded from the
neighborhood running their heaters (its March in Michigan).

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ed-643259-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Akstarrett" m wrote in
message ...
replying to jw, Akstarrett wrote:
I saw something like this today on my way to school. It was early morning,
light enough out to see clearly, and I saw a transformer on a utility pole
glowing orange. This transformer (I don't know what type) has several of
these
fins that stuck out of the cylindrical base. The fins themselves were
what we're glowing orange. I've been searching the internet for an
example,
but I can't seem to find one. I wondered if the lines were overloaded from
the
neighborhood running their heaters (its March in Michigan).

That use of heaters must have happened before.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 01:48:21 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

but I can't seem to find one. I wondered if the lines were overloaded from
the
neighborhood running their heaters (its March in Michigan).

That use of heaters must have happened before.

You have NO idea, psychopathic senile Ozzie cretin ...but you keep
smartassing and driveling anyway, right? G

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 12:44:02 GMT, Akstarrett
m wrote:

replying to jw, Akstarrett wrote:
I saw something like this today on my way to school. It was early morning,
light enough out to see clearly, and I saw a transformer on a utility pole
glowing orange. This transformer (I don't know what type) has several of these
’fins’ that stuck out of the cylindrical base. The fins themselves were
what we're glowing orange. I've been searching the internet for an example,
but I can't seem to find one. I wondered if the lines were overloaded from the
neighborhood running their heaters (its March in Michigan).

Ain't that a real hoot. You should see them blow up in a hurricane.
Parts go everywhere.

P.S. Its March in Nevada.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to jw, Akstarrett wrote:
I saw something like this today on my way to school. It was early morning,
light enough out to see clearly, and I saw a transformer on a utility pole
glowing orange. This transformer (I don't know what type) has several of these
fins that stuck out of the cylindrical base. The fins themselves were
what we're glowing orange. I've been searching the internet for an example,
but I can't seem to find one. I wondered if the lines were overloaded from the
neighborhood running their heaters (its March in Michigan).

Ain't that a real hoot. You should see them blow up in a hurricane.
Parts go everywhere.

P.S. Its March in Nevada.

You would think that it would be impossible for a transformer to be glowing
red and not have exploded or taken itself out in some way.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

[...]

Its not as uncommon as you might think,
particularly with a shorted turn etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

[...]

Then it should be easy for you to provide us with a link to some pics....
Not a transformer exploding, arcing, etc, but of one that is on a pole
just glowing red. The cooling fins were glowing red, that's what the poster
said. Let's see those pics, you said it's not uncommon, so.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

[...]

Not when most dont notice them getting hot enough
to be visibly hot in those lighting conditions.

Not a transformer exploding, arcing, etc, but of one that is on a pole
just glowing red.

He didnt say glowing red during the day.

The cooling fins were glowing red, that's what the poster said.

He actually said orange.

Let's see those pics, you said it's not uncommon, so.....

Go and **** yourself, again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 09:58:29 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Its not as uncommon as you might think,
particularly with a shorted turn etc.

In auto-contradicting mode again, you abnormal psychopathic senile idiot?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 10:30:55 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Just as we expected, you ****ed up 85-year-old psychopathic troll! tsk

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shippe the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

[...]

I see, so these alleged glowing orange hot transformers are now
smart transformers and they only glow when not to be able to capture
a picture? How very logical. Your ignorance hole grows ever deeper.
But heh, show me some pics and then I'm sure we'll all believe....

Not a transformer exploding, arcing, etc, but of one that is on a pole
just glowing red.

He didnt say glowing red during the day.

Poster:
I saw something like this today on my way to school. It was early morning,
light enough out to see clearly, and I saw a transformer on a utility pole
glowing orange.

Senile or just totally stupid? But if they only glow orange hot at night,
which would really be something, show us your pictures of that. You said
it's not uncommon, so with billions of pole transformers and billions of
cell phones, there surely must be lots and lots of pictures of this
happening. If I saw it, I'd damn sure take a pic, whether day or night.

The cooling fins were glowing red, that's what the poster said.

He actually said orange.

So show us pictures of a pole transformer glowing orange, I'll take that,
big man.

Let's see those pics, you said it's not uncommon, so.....

Go and **** yourself, again.

I take that to mean you have no pics, just BS as usual spewing from
your hole of ignorance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Some gutless ****wit/pathological liar desperately cowering behind
trader_4 wrote just the **** you'd expect
from a desperately cowering gutless ****wit/pathological liar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 8:21:10 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
Some gutless ****wit/pathological liar desperately cowering behind
trader_4 wrote just the **** you'd expect
from a desperately cowering gutless ****wit/pathological liar.

I take that to mean that you have no pics of your magical glowing, orange hot,
transformer on a utility pole. Where are they? You said it's not uncommon.
Billions of transformers, billions of smart phones and no pics or videos?

"Its not as uncommon as you might think, particularly with a shorted turn etc. "

ROFL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/6/19 6:44 AM, Akstarrett wrote:
replying to jw, Akstarrett wrote:
I saw something like this today on my way to school. It was early morning,
light enough out to see clearly, and I saw a transformer on a utility pole
glowing orange. This transformer (I don't know what type) has several of
these
fins that stuck out of the cylindrical base. The fins themselves were
what we're glowing orange. I've been searching the internet for an example,
but I can't seem to find one. I wondered if the lines were overloaded
from the
neighborhood running their heaters (its March in Michigan).

I'm surprised the transformer fuse didn't blow and shut power off to
it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Some gutless ****wit/pathological liar desperately cowering behind
trader_4 wrote just the **** you'd expect
from a desperately cowering gutless ****wit/pathological liar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to jw, Akstarrett wrote:
I saw something like this today on my way to school. It was early morning,
light enough out to see clearly, and I saw a transformer on a utility pole
glowing orange. This transformer (I don't know what type) has several of these
fins that stuck out of the cylindrical base. The fins themselves were
what we're glowing orange. I've been searching the internet for an example,
but I can't seem to find one. I wondered if the lines were overloaded from the
neighborhood running their heaters (its March in Michigan).

Ain't that a real hoot. You should see them blow up in a hurricane.
Parts go everywhere.

P.S. Its March in Nevada.

You would think that it would be impossible for a transformer to be glowing
red and not have exploded or taken itself out in some way.

Don't stand under it. They are really designed to run until they
explode. The upstream fuse may be too big tho. It was what he had on
the truck.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 12:20:52 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Some gutless ****wit/pathological liar desperately cowering behind
trader_4 wrote just the **** you'd expect
from a desperately cowering gutless ****wit/pathological liar.

IOW, you admit defeat, you senile psychopathic cretin!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shippe the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 14:53:40 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Some gutless ****wit/pathological liar desperately cowering behind
trader_4 wrote just the **** you'd expect
from a desperately cowering gutless ****wit/pathological liar.

Time for you to get institutionalized once more, senile Rot! Or were you
given as a hopeless psychiatric case already decades ago?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 15:17:00 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

posted for all of us...

Don't stand under it. They are really designed to run until they
explode. The upstream fuse may be too big tho. It was what he had on
the truck.

They are cavalier about that stuff...

Every exploded transformer is an overtime opportunity.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:01:30 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

Don't stand under it. They are really designed to run until they
explode. The upstream fuse may be too big tho. It was what he had on
the truck.

They are cavalier about that stuff...

Every exploded transformer is an overtime opportunity.

HAAA, that is true. And stay under the speed limit 5 mph. Takes time to set
out the cones and obstruct traffic to the greatest extent. Never matter the
volunteer FF's are tied up with their thumbs... twiddling.

Hey :-)

I was searching a 1940 Federal Census. Ancestor worked under the New
Deal works project. Common jokes were "We Poke Around" others like it.
That year he made $740.00 and owned his home valued at $600.00.