Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Pole Transformer Glowing Red

On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 3:27:09 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 06 Mar 2019 12:44:02 GMT, Akstarrett
m wrote:

replying to jw, Akstarrett wrote:
I saw something like this today on my way to school. It was early morning,
light enough out to see clearly, and I saw a transformer on a utility pole
glowing orange. This transformer (I don't know what type) has several of these
fins that stuck out of the cylindrical base. The fins themselves were
what we're glowing orange. I've been searching the internet for an example,
but I can't seem to find one. I wondered if the lines were overloaded from the
neighborhood running their heaters (its March in Michigan).

Ain't that a real hoot. You should see them blow up in a hurricane.
Parts go everywhere.

P.S. Its March in Nevada.

You would think that it would be impossible for a transformer to be glowing
red and not have exploded or taken itself out in some way.