Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power pole transformer getting red hot

To all who say it is impossible.. I am living in a gulf coast city in Mexico.
Old infrastructure. Last week we had big windstorm. Trees and utility lines
down all over city and outlying area.. Concrete utility pole in median across
from my house broke in half when wood pole 1/2 block away shattered. In two
days , new poles installed and services restored on my street. They used the
same transformer from old pole. Three nights ago was having my nightly
Marlboro on my balcony. Saw an orange glow on side of power transformer near
the very top. Thought maybe was moonlight at first, then realized it was
completely overcast.Glowing area was growing on surface of transformer can.
Grew to almost football size for maybe 40 seconds and then gradually decreased
to not glowing. At brightest it went from glowing orange to yellow. This
happened 3 more times in the next couple of minutes. Then nothing. I was
worried about fire or explosion. Was almost 2 AM and no emergency phone
listing for power company. I went to State Police and reported. They did not
care , so I went to fire station and they took my report. Nobody from power
company arrived to inspect , so I spent almost half of yesterday at local
power company reporting. Speaking to my neighbors, I think they thought I was
loco Gringo. Last night just as was almost dark the transformer blew
spectacularly. I wonder if the neighbor who had his 4 month old SUV parked
under the pole still thinks I was exaggerating.? His car is toast. Oddly,
during daylight the paint on the exterior of the transformer can did not
appear to be at all scorched from heat. This makes no sense to me. No heat
marking. I have some knowledge of the internal workings of these type of
transformers. I am positive what I viewed from about 70 feet away. This pole
is in the street median directly across from my balcony where I was standing
while observing occurrence. I do not drink or do drugs. Have never seen a
U.F.O. The only time I saw Elvis was at an Elvis concert.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1180896-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 20:14:01 GMT, blackie2
m wrote:

[...]

What would Jesus, Jose' and Maria do?
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

[...]

Toast their marshmallows, stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 09:13:20 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
m wrote:

[...]

Stupid Brits like you think so. Grow the **** up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 09:13:20 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

What would Jesus, Jose' and Maria do?

Toast their marshmallows, stupid.

Are you sure, senile idiot? Senilely sure again? BG

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 09:13:20 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

. ..
m wrote:

[...]

I'm not a brit, ****wit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

[...]

I suspect you were seeing the insulation breaking down and when it
failed, kaboom. Since this is Mexico I bet there are PCBs in that oil
so I would stay clear of the puddle and be a little suspicious of well
water from around there for about 1000 years.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 09:49:11 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,

You're a senile twit who can't ****, Rot!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder

Power Pole Transformer is too small [email protected] Electronics Repair 15 March 12th 17 02:57 AM
Single pole or double pole? F UK diy 3 June 27th 06 11:42 PM
Light switch 3 pole and 2 pole helpme Home Repair 11 February 13th 06 11:57 PM
Supply 2 Pole,3 Pole Gas Tube Surge Arresters,Gas Discharge Tube,(Ceramic Surge Arresters [email protected] UK diy 2 February 11th 06 01:51 PM
AC shaded pole single phase induction pole motor [email protected] Electronics Repair 13 April 29th 05 03:37 AM