Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wooden or aluminum?

Transgender Liberal Activist Starts GoFundMe Account To Buy 'Ladders' To
Scale Trump's Border Wall

The battle over border wall funding just went viral as one GoFundMe account
is trying to raise money for President Trump's controversial barrier, while
another is looking for funds for ladders to scale the wall.

Last week, conservative activist Brian Kolfage set up a GoFundMe campaign to
raise private funds to pay for Trump's border wall. To date the campaign has
raised a little over $16 million toward its goal of $1 billion - a far cry
from the $21.7 billion that the Department of Homeland Security says is
needed to build a wall along the entire southern border.

Still, that $16 million was enough to spur liberal activist Charlotte Clymer
to start a GoFundMe campaign to buy ladders to climb the wall. The newly
created campaign is a bit tongue-in-cheek and even the fund's founders admit
they probably won't reach their $100 million goal (the fund currently has
only raised around $135,000), but whatever amount is eventually raised will
be donated to the Texas-based Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and
Legal Services.

"We wanna make sure ladders are ready to send over to our undocumented
friends and help them," the GoFundMe page stated. "You see, they'll never
reach their goal, but no matter how much we raise, we're going to reach
ours."

Speaking to Business Insider, Clymer said the campaign is meant to draw
attention to the benefits of immigration to the U.S.

"I've really been happy with how this has generated conversation on just the
absurdity of the wall in general," she told Business Insider. "Undocumented
folks are not bringing crime or drug smuggling or any of this job-stealing
nonsense to our country."

Posted to alt.home.repair

"shadow, me & my" wrote in message
news : Transgender Liberal Activist Starts GoFundMe Account To Buy 'Ladders' To
: Scale Trump's Border Wall
:
:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 6:16:09 AM UTC-5, shadow, me & my wrote:
[...]

The only mistake here is the money should be used to develop the lightest,
cheapest, most easily portable ladder that can be carried by a group of
ten people. It could save us $25 bil on a wall that's easily scaled.
Once the wall is built, entrepreneurs will be setting up shop in Mexico
to do exactly that. It could save the US from wasting $25 bil and being
humiliated. Let's have a contest, build these portable ladders, and
let's try them on the prototype Trump walls that have been built.
I suggested exactly that last week. If it's demonstrated that light,
easy to transport ladders can overcome a $25 bil wall, are you trumpets
so stupid you would build it anyway?