Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How can I fix 2 pounds heavy plaster plaques to a painted wooden wall? (Those thin wooden panels that they had in the 70s)

I bought today six golden/grey plaques (likely made from plaster) for
ten cents each, and they look real expensive, like from a castle. I
want to put them in the house on a wooden painted wall. Problem is
only that I don't want to mess up my wall with experiments and that
Velcro is likely not strong enough to hold the plaques. Each weighs
two pounds.

Any idea how I can fix them to the wall without that I ruin my wall or
without that they fall off?

Leo

Posted to alt.home.repair

I just hung a heavy bathroon cabinet. Lowe's has a neat 'method' to hang
heavy items like large mirrors. If i remember, the one i used holds 75
pounds. I will try to expalain it. Go to hardware section, look in fasteners
section, like molly/hollow wall bolts section. you attach a metal bar
slightly made at an angle with two screws to the wall. Then attach the other
metal bar with screws to the item you are going to hang. Then the item hangs
on the angle made by the unit you put on the wall. there are various sizes.
the one i got is about 6-8 inches but there are longer ones. look for the
number of pounds. Don't know how much they weigh? weigh yourself while
holding the item and you will get the actual pound weight. It is hard to
expalin and i did not keep the package it came in. If you describe it,
hopefully they can locate it. if not the next time i go to lowe's i will try
to find the product number.

--
Betty Boop

Posted to alt.home.repair

Addendum: if you can't put screws into the plaques, then get a glue( check
Locktite or construction adhesive) for metal. allow it to 'cure' then you
can hang the plaques.

enigma845 wrote:
[...]

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Leo