Posted to alt.home.repair
shadow, me & my shadow, me & my is offline

Default Wooden or aluminum?

"shadow, me & my" wrote in message
news : Transgender Liberal Activist Starts GoFundMe Account To Buy 'Ladders' To
: Scale Trump's Border Wall
:
:
: The battle over border wall funding just went viral as one GoFundMe
account
: is trying to raise money for President Trump's controversial barrier,
while
: another is looking for funds for ladders to scale the wall.
:
: Last week, conservative activist Brian Kolfage set up a GoFundMe campaign
: raise private funds to pay for Trump's border wall. To date the campaign
has
: raised a little over $16 million toward its goal of $1 billion - a far cry
: from the $21.7 billion that the Department of Homeland Security says is
: needed to build a wall along the entire southern border.
:
: Still, that $16 million was enough to spur liberal activist Charlotte
Clymer
: to start a GoFundMe campaign to buy ladders to climb the wall. The newly
: created campaign is a bit tongue-in-cheek and even the fund's founders
admit
: they probably won't reach their $100 million goal (the fund currently has
: only raised around $135,000), but whatever amount is eventually raised
will
: be donated to the Texas-based Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education
and
: Legal Services.
:
: "We wanna make sure ladders are ready to send over to our undocumented
: friends and help them," the GoFundMe page stated. "You see, they'll never
: reach their goal, but no matter how much we raise, we're going to reach
: ours."
:
: Speaking to Business Insider, Clymer said the campaign is meant to draw
: attention to the benefits of immigration to the U.S.
:
: "I've really been happy with how this has generated conversation on just
the
: absurdity of the wall in general," she told Business Insider.
"Undocumented
: folks are not bringing crime or drug smuggling or any of this job-stealing
: nonsense to our country."
:
: