Junior Member

Default Honeywell Digital Control

My water heater has the Honeywell digital control, it is showing error 57 "flame sensor short to ground". I have a steady drip coming through the flue condensate drain. When I pull the flame sensor and look in the burner compartment it is full to the top with water. I am assuming this means I have a leak inside the tank that is filling the burner compartment and running out the flue drain. I called up an HVAC 24-hour emergency service to analyze the problem they told me the heater is shot. Can anyone confirm that this heater is shot? Or is there something else that could be leaking and filling the burner chamber?
Posted to alt.home.repair

emergency service' (http://www.thermokline.ca/emergency-service/) to

--
Buddyhughes

Unless there is a water pipe connection leaking at the top or at the relief
valve on the side, I concur with the diagnosis. Once the tank is leaking,
it's toast. How old is it? Typical life is 10 to 15 years depending on
the unit and the water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/9/18 11:06 AM, trader_4 wrote:
[...]

Any real chance of water getting in the flue? Snowstorm? Cover
missing?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 16:20:48 +0000, Buddyhughes
wrote:

When I pull the flame sensor and look in the
burner compartment it is full to the top with water.

The heater is SHOT!

Don't grab a mop but fix the leak, first.
Posted to alt.home.repair

turn off the water supply
open a spigot to release the pressure
did the leak stop?