Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Honeywell Digital Control

On 12/9/18 11:06 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 11:44:55 AM UTC-5, Buddyhughes wrote:
My water heater has the Honeywell digital control, it is showing error
57 "flame sensor short to ground". I have a steady drip coming through
the flue condensate drain. When I pull the flame sensor and look in the
burner compartment it is full to the top with water. I am assuming this
means I have a leak inside the tank that is filling the burner
compartment and running out the flue drain. I called up an 'HVAC 24-hour
emergency service' (http://www.thermokline.ca/emergency-service/) to
analyze the problem they told me the heater is shot. Can anyone confirm
that this heater is shot? Or is there something else that could be
leaking and filling the burner chamber?

--
Buddyhughes

Unless there is a water pipe connection leaking at the top or at the relief
valve on the side, I concur with the diagnosis. Once the tank is leaking,
it's toast. How old is it? Typical life is 10 to 15 years depending on
the unit and the water.

Any real chance of water getting in the flue? Snowstorm? Cover
missing?