Buddyhughes Buddyhughes is offline
Junior Member

Default Honeywell Digital Control

My water heater has the Honeywell digital control, it is showing error 57 "flame sensor short to ground". I have a steady drip coming through the flue condensate drain. When I pull the flame sensor and look in the burner compartment it is full to the top with water. I am assuming this means I have a leak inside the tank that is filling the burner compartment and running out the flue drain. I called up an HVAC 24-hour emergency service to analyze the problem they told me the heater is shot. Can anyone confirm that this heater is shot? Or is there something else that could be leaking and filling the burner chamber?