Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harvesting in a trade war: U.S. crops rot as storage costs soar

(Reuters) - U.S. farmers finishing their harvests are facing a big
problem - where to put the mountain of grain they cannot sell to Chinese
buyers.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUKKCN1NQ0GA

"trade wars are easy to win" I wonder who said that.
--
Bod
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/18 3:41 AM, Bod wrote:
(Reuters) - U.S. farmers finishing their harvests are facing a big problem - where to put the mountain of grain they cannot sell to Chinese buyers.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUKKCN1NQ0GA

"trade wars are easy to win"Â* I wonder who said that.

Did you miss this part of the article you linked?

"The trade war has only exacerbated the strain on storage, which has been a persistent problem in recent years due largely to a worldwide oversupply of grains."

Or maybe the world is literally sick of GMO corn and soy beans marinated in carcinogenic chemicals? Got cancer yet?

FWIW, the organic farmers in our county can't keep up with demand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 6:29:10 AM UTC-5, devnull wrote:
On 11/21/18 3:41 AM, Bod wrote:
(Reuters) - U.S. farmers finishing their harvests are facing a big problem - where to put the mountain of grain they cannot sell to Chinese buyers..

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUKKCN1NQ0GA

"trade wars are easy to win"Â* I wonder who said that.

Did you miss this part of the article you linked?

"The trade war has only exacerbated the strain on storage, which has been a persistent problem in recent years due largely to a worldwide oversupply of grains."

Or maybe the world is literally sick of GMO corn and soy beans marinated in carcinogenic chemicals? Got cancer yet?

FWIW, the organic farmers in our county can't keep up with demand.

Wow, a hippie that's a trumpet? That's a new one. And your point here
is dumb as usual. As if Trump making an existing problem much worse makes
it right and OK. The big problem with humans and grains isn't whether they
are GMO or not, it's that we're eating refined grains in abundance and
have the obesity and diabetes rates that go with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 3:41:58 AM UTC-5, Bod wrote:
(Reuters) - U.S. farmers finishing their harvests are facing a big
problem - where to put the mountain of grain they cannot sell to Chinese
buyers.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUKKCN1NQ0GA

"trade wars are easy to win" I wonder who said that.
--
Bod

No problem. Trump can just give the farmers another $6 bil in welfare,
using borrowed money. Ironic that the Chinese govt is among the buyers
of US debt. We could be selling them grains for cash, instead Trump is
selling them bonds and giving the farmers welfare. That's the new Amerika.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/18 3:41 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

So farmers produced tons of toxic garbage food no one wants and you
blame it on Trump?
Maybe these cry-baby farmers should produce food someone actually wants
to eat?

FWIW, the smart farmers in my county are going organic and they're too
busy counting their money to worry about trade tariffs. Even the
non-organic grass-fed pasture-raised non-factory farms are doing great.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/21/18 3:41 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

The Chinese were buying those crops, ****wit, until TRUMP started his
trade war and put TARIFFS on China. China responded by tariffing US soybeans
so shipments to China declined and the farmers are stuck with crop.
See how that works? No, of course not, you're another trumptard. Even Trump
acknowledges it, he's giving billions in borrowed money that the taxpayers
are on the hook for as welfare for millionaire farmers. Some of it is going
to foreign owned companies too, including China and Brazil. Wise up.

FWIW, the smart farmers in my county are going organic and they're too
busy counting their money to worry about trade tariffs. Even the
non-organic grass-fed pasture-raised non-factory farms are doing great.

Irrelevant. Organic is a small fraction of the market. It's like
saying Cadillacs are selling so it doesn't matter that Trump screwed
the other 95% of the vehicle market. Wise up, you're just representing
for trumptards.

OT - Anaerobic Digestion - Does it make much sense to put crops init? TimW UK diy 24 April 4th 16 06:05 PM
OT - Record cold wipes out Ada (MI) orchards' apple, peach crops. Leon Fisk Metalworking 2 May 5th 12 12:55 AM
Wet rot or dry rot? Tim S UK diy 34 March 12th 09 11:45 AM
boiler costs - rough costs / options dirt dibbler UK diy 1 July 5th 07 10:39 AM
enzhou Taitong import & export trade Co., Ltd. is a stock-company specializing in the import & export trade that approved by the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations and Trade of People's Republic of China. The company registered capital is [email protected] UK diy 6 August 15th 06 01:46 AM