Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Harvesting in a trade war: U.S. crops rot as storage costs soar

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 4:31:12 PM UTC-5, Arnie Smith wrote:
On 11/21/18 9:54 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 6:29:10 AM UTC-5, devnull wrote:
On 11/21/18 3:41 AM, Bod wrote:
(Reuters) - U.S. farmers finishing their harvests are facing a big problem - where to put the mountain of grain they cannot sell to Chinese buyers.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUKKCN1NQ0GA

"trade wars are easy to win"Â* I wonder who said that.

Did you miss this part of the article you linked?

"The trade war has only exacerbated the strain on storage, which has been a persistent problem in recent years due largely to a worldwide oversupply of grains."

Or maybe the world is literally sick of GMO corn and soy beans marinated in carcinogenic chemicals? Got cancer yet?

FWIW, the organic farmers in our county can't keep up with demand.

Wow, a hippie that's a trumpet? That's a new one. And your point here
is dumb as usual. As if Trump making an existing problem much worse makes
it right and OK. The big problem with humans and grains isn't whether they
are GMO or not, it's that we're eating refined grains in abundance and
have the obesity and diabetes rates that go with it.

So farmers produced tons of toxic garbage food no one wants and you
blame it on Trump?
Maybe these cry-baby farmers should produce food someone actually wants
to eat?

The Chinese were buying those crops, ****wit, until TRUMP started his
trade war and put TARIFFS on China. China responded by tariffing US soybeans
so shipments to China declined and the farmers are stuck with crop.
See how that works? No, of course not, you're another trumptard. Even Trump
acknowledges it, he's giving billions in borrowed money that the taxpayers
are on the hook for as welfare for millionaire farmers. Some of it is going
to foreign owned companies too, including China and Brazil. Wise up.

FWIW, the smart farmers in my county are going organic and they're too
busy counting their money to worry about trade tariffs. Even the
non-organic grass-fed pasture-raised non-factory farms are doing great.

Irrelevant. Organic is a small fraction of the market. It's like
saying Cadillacs are selling so it doesn't matter that Trump screwed
the other 95% of the vehicle market. Wise up, you're just representing
for trumptards.